FTS Gecko

The UK System Open Is Underway!

5 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Really looking forward to this one.  Going down to register early on the Friday, so if anyone's staying at the Hilton I'll see you in the bar (or at the tables for some last-minute practice! :D )

Hope to meet you there. I'm at one of the Travelodges, but I'll be registering on Friday and looking for a game.

7 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

I’ll be there.  It’ll be my first big X-Wing event.  Very much looking forward to it. I’ll be at the Hilton, but only Saturday night.

This one probably counts as most people's first BIG event! Good luck and enjoy it!

508 of the top most daring and best pilots in the Galaxy :D Expect to face the most ruthless pilots pushing their military expertice to maximum, while others aim for the price employing the dirtiest of tricks and illicit stimulants, and some are just running on the hope that on that day the force will be with them. 

On 3/10/2018 at 4:36 PM, Estarriol said:

Worlds eat your heart out :)

Well, I'd really like to see what World's could actually get if it weren't  limited, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.   We also don't have World's numbers yet with the three flights, so there's that.  Capacity could be 600+ (but I don't think it's at that with other events going on as well).

Edited by AlexW

Yup! I'm going, representing both Athena Games and the Moldy Crows at my first big tournament.

Not expecting to do well, I've been out of the game for several months but I am just going to have fun, enjoy myself, and get some sweet sweet swag. :D

Plus, part of the reason I don't expect to do well is my planned bonkers list of Whisper, Echo and Wampa. Nowhere near competitive, but it's fun and different.

Edited by Ebak

Like @Ebak, I'll be along from the Moldy Crows in Norwich.  I think a few of us should be around on Friday evening, as we're planning on jumping on that pre-registration train. :)  We'll be the crew in the HWK hoodies/t-shirts - come and say hi if you see us!

Edited by Jarval

The Meta is what you fly; choose your list and choose your own Meta.

4 Baby Blues is a good list. If you enjoy flying them, then fly them!

I'm taking 5 Cartel Marauders for the Hanger Bay event and Porkins and chums for the main. I'm working on a really janky PS12 list for Hyperspace, but it's currently rubbish.