Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

Honored Duel: new two-players gamemat

That first design is just not good.  The dead space at the edges is weird and forces the conflict zone in the center to be squished.  Why did that image even make it into the marketing department's hands.  It looks like some sort of first draft.  The second one I could see using since it looks very organized. Might be nice for a demo table.  That's said I got my Crab clan mat.  If I win another at a tournament I'll consider using that one, but I doubt this two player mat will make it into my rotation.

10 minutes ago, phillos said:

That first design is just not good.  The dead space at the edges is weird and forces the conflict zone in the center to be squished.  Why did that image even make it into the marketing department's hands.  It looks like some sort of first draft.  The second one I could see using since it looks very organized. Might be nice for a demo table.  That's said I got my Crab clan mat.  If I win another at a tournament I'll consider using that one, but I doubt this two player mat will make it into my rotation.

To be fair, I like that in the first one they used a bigger part of the map of Rokugan as background. In the new design, they just cut out a big chunk of north Rokugan just to put those two white bands with some decoration, that certainly does not add nothing special. 

On 3/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, Ishi Tonu said:

Where is the zone to place the bucket that collects pONI tears from Unicorn players?

I generally place mine to the left of my Stronghold.

Speaking of, where do you put your stronghold and role on this? Seems like they'd end up in your home area with this layout. 

Had been willing to let it pass until those InRealLife pics.

Looks better than I initially thought, but my playmat situation is already a little silly (L5R & Arkham LCG, plus Dice Throne incoming).

12 hours ago, Matrim said:

I like it and will buy (when it gets to the UK)...

Assuming you're interested in it, have you found somewhere UK-based to reliably preorder the novella from? 

hmm, so 30$ for a bland white playmat...seems kinda pricey, especially when i can add 10$ and buy a core set or basically w/e to get a full playing experience (2nd or 3rd core, 2player game or 2 decks for sw destiny, 2 dynasty packs...)

4 minutes ago, Dovla said:

hmm, so 30$ for a bland white playmat...seems kinda pricey, especially when i can add 10$ and buy a core set or basically w/e to get a full playing experience (2nd or 3rd core, 2player game or 2 decks for sw destiny, 2 dynasty packs...)

It's big enough for 2 players, though.

3 hours ago, cheapmate said:

Is that supposed to be a picture of a crab on the Crab Stronghold?

Yeah, and a Lion Face in the Lion Stronghold. Also, both are signed by Brad Andres. Maybe Andres drew the Crab, too!

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Matrim said:

I like it and will buy (when it gets to the UK)...

I've preordered through Chaos Cards.

I really like the look of this mat - the only thing I'd change is to remove the text designating the discard piles and provinces zone. Like, we know where to put the cards, don't clutter up the beautiful mat with that text!