OccasionallyCorrect

Fortify Your Battlefield - New Article

MSRP is $24.95 for the Priority Objectives pack. Not bad considering you get the objective cards and terrain. Imperial Terrain charges $20 incl shipping for just the 3 moisture vaporators. I'm very happy FFG is getting into the terrain business. Not expecting to see huge rocks or anything but giving the average person an option to fill the board with Star Wars-recognizable stuff is a huge win to me, and tying in new objectives is a great way to do it.

And, they aren't being chintzy by putting new Objective Cards in the barricade pack, forcing you to buy those. The core set has plenty, even if splitting with someone, and I don't want to see games of Legion with a bunch of church pews scattered over an open field (pew pew pews?)

Edited by Big Easy

4 minutes ago, Big Easy said:

(pew pew pews?)

Ffs how did I miss that! Yes they genuinely look like great value. I'll be leaving the barricades a lot of us will have 2 x cores worth anyway. Stoked about genuine star wars ffg terrain. 

I had a suspicion this would be a thing. Too lazy to find my own comment, but I predicted an objective terrain pack with crates and computer terminals. I'm also hyped to see that this is the way we'll get our new objective/ deployment/ condition cards. Bravo. 

So interesting they are putting these on bases but the barricades are not. I was wondering if they were going to scale from top of base (not include base as height for scale purposes). When I saw these on bases it made me wonder. The figures seemed to be scaled to each other from the actual top of the base. 

1 minute ago, luckysolo7 said:

So interesting they are putting these on bases but the barricades are not. I was wondering if they were going to scale from top of base (not include base as height for scale purposes). When I saw these on bases it made me wonder. The figures seemed to be scaled to each other from the actual top of the base. 

These are (can be used as) objective markers, which means they need to stand out from the background and have a consistent, universal base size. Barricades are mechanically no different than any other piece of terrain.

I seem to recall in one of the demos that one of the objectives, if your in base contact, you can actually move with it and move it away from its current location.  that great for crates 

I wonder if the cards are being placed in the objective set to encourage people to buy the official ones rather than 3D print their own. Regardless, I like that they are providing us with official, easy to source options for sprinkling around obviously themed Star Wars stuff. I'm still planning on putting together some broken down probe droids from IA minis.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing C&D letters posted to explain why certain online retailers have shut their doors much like what happened with Space Rocks...

Edited by Caimheul1313

"U can do crates and vaporators by yourself? Paying 10$ for materials and spending some time on youre hobby...

But... You wont have this 2 extra cards for 24.95"

i hope its not going to be "Pay to win" game :(

PS. Time for some negative opinion :P

Edited by Grabaarz
Adding ps

2 minutes ago, miridor said:

I really like the idea a pleasant surprise for a Friday afternoon. I do think the crates look a little strange on the bases.

I thought that was weird too, but if you need to be in base contact with an objective for some reason then it needs to be on a base.  The fact that we'll have loose bases and can put anything we choose on there alleviates that problem to me.