martok2112

Taking a break from modeling SW/BSG CG models....

Hi, all,

Taking a break from building Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica CG model ships to get back into Star Trek ships.

As with many of my models, this is yet another rebuild....and a work in progress.

Under construction, may I present, the refit Constitution class from Star Trek The Motion Picture through Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Again....WIP

E3wDtPq.jpg

cMO8Ibl.jpg

ICZz7to.jpg

qvZKNiw.jpg

Now I'm working on my Klingon K't'inga battlecruiser rebuild.

Right now, I have part of the back hull of the K't'inga built.
I started this ship with some planes and  Bezier curves.

attk8Qp.jpg
bLZKC4q.jpg

The planes were pretextured.... so all I had to do was knife project to eliminate the blank spaces... and I subdivided areas of the cuts so that I could create the rises in the middle.   The Bezier curves I used to make the curvature at the front and back of the secondary hull.

34 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Beautiful work.  I'd love to see a Trek: Armada game set in the TMP/TWoK era. (Yes, I'm an old SFC fanboy)

Shouldn't be too hard to make, as long you have a 3d printer. Thingiverse should have good lot of files one could modify,  and kuat drive yards has a broad selection of user created cards.?

WOW!  Thank you everyone for the kind responses and likes.   I am hoping this K't'inga will be my best version yet.  The K't'inga is my favorite ship in the Star Trek universe, and the Corellian Corvette is my favorite in the Star Wars 'verse. :)

I would love to get these printed out, especially the K't'inga.

I have other Trek ships I'll be working on.   Rebuilding the Miranda class and Klingon Bird of Prey, as well as my first shot at the Vor'Cha class attack cruiser.  :)

I, too, would love to see an Armada styled game in the Star Trek universe, with the miniatures  as high quality as the ones for SW Armada.  

Alpha 17, I used to occasionally play StarFleet Battles back in the 80's, but in the 90's switched over to FASA Star Trek....largely because it was focused on the TMP/TNG eras.   I used to have a few miniatures from that game.  The TMP Consitution, the Miranda class (Reliant), and another one that I cannot remember.  But the one I wanted, and could not find, was the K't'inga.

12 minutes ago, martok2112 said:

WOW!  Thank you everyone for the kind responses and likes.   I am hoping this K't'inga will be my best version yet.  The K't'inga is my favorite ship in the Star Trek universe, and the Corellian Corvette is my favorite in the Star Wars 'verse. :)

I would love to get these printed out, especially the K't'inga.

I have other Trek ships I'll be working on.   Rebuilding the Miranda class and Klingon Bird of Prey, as well as my first shot at the Vor'Cha class attack cruiser.  :)

I, too, would love to see an Armada styled game in the Star Trek universe, with the miniatures  as high quality as the ones for SW Armada.  

Alpha 17, I used to occasionally play StarFleet Battles back in the 80's, but in the 90's switched over to FASA Star Trek....largely because it was focused on the TMP/TNG eras.   I used to have a few miniatures from that game.  The TMP Consitution, the Miranda class (Reliant), and another one that I cannot remember.  But the one I wanted, and could not find, was the K't'inga.

I'd love to try to print the entrprise if you'd share the file ?

4 hours ago, martok2112 said:

That sounds cool.

I would need to know how to set up the files for that. :)

Well, as long as everythings connected, just export it as a stl. Should be enough I think ?

1 minute ago, martok2112 said:

Alright.  I'll see what I can do.

Would be quite neat to see a model of mine built out in the real-world. :)

Thats what I like about 3D printing, it makes a lot of things possible ?

5 hours ago, martok2112 said:

Alright.  I'll see what I can do.

Would be quite neat to see a model of mine built out in the real-world. :)

Sounds good ?