Jump to content
Baltanok

Regionals data March 10/11

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Baltanok said:

Anything else?

"Armada Regionalmeisterschaft by Dice Effects und Soldurii" in Neumünster; Germany as well. And yes, both German regionals are Wave 6 only. STILL! Wave 7 is still not in store. After all it does not matter anymore. These are the last two regionals for us, as far as i know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came back from another successful regional.
Here are the lists and results from the regional in Dortmund.
First had 28 points, second and 3rd with 22 points.

1st: Dodonna
2nd: Sloane
3rd: Dodonna
4th: Dodonna
5th: Sloane
6th: Motti
7th: Dodonna
8th Sloane
9th: Ozzel
10th: Konstantine
11th: Ackbar
12th: Dodonna
13th: Jerjerod
14th: Mothma
15th: Rieekan
16th: Sloane
17th: Ackbar
18th: Sloane
19th: Screed
20th: Mothma
21th: Sato
 

And some interesting facts:

  • 100% of the fleets were imperial or rebel
  • Every fleet had at least one ship
  • There was not a single wave 7 card in all the fleets
  • It was the first time i saw Hera in action
  • And yes, i was playing rebels for the first time (with @Roquax list, you have to know what you want to beat :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Just came back from another successful regional.
Here are the lists and results from the regional in Dortmund.
First had 28 points, second and 3rd with 22 points.

1st: Dodonna
2nd: Sloane
3rd: Dodonna
4th: Dodonna
5th: Sloane
6th: Motti
7th: Dodonna
8th Sloane
9th: Ozzel
10th: Konstantine
11th: Ackbar
12th: Dodonna
13th: Jerjerod
14th: Mothma
15th: Rieekan
16th: Sloane
17th: Ackbar
18th: Sloane
19th: Screed
20th: Mothma
21th: Sato
 

And some interesting facts:

  • 100% of the fleets were imperial or rebel
  • Every fleet had at least one ship
  • There was not a single wave 7 card in all the fleets
  • It was the first time i saw Hera in action
  • And yes, i was playing rebels for the first time (with @Roquax list, you have to know what you want to beat :D)

Because Wave 7wasn’t legal, right?

Edited by AlexW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fleet 300 (379/400)
==================
Interdictor Suppression Refit (90 + 59)
    + Admiral Sloane (24)
    + Captain Brunson (5)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
    + Targeting Scrambler (5)
    + Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
    + Engine Techs (8)
    + Interdictor (3)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 23)
    + Minister Tua (2)
    + Slicer Tools (7)
    + Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
    + Vector (2)
    + Electronic Countermeasures (7)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 4)
    + Repair Crews (4)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 2)
    + Comms Net (2)
Maarek Stele (21)
Colonel Jendon (20)
Dengar (20)
Howlrunner (16)
Mauler Mithel (15)
Zertik Strom (15)
Valen Rudor (13)
Saber Squadron (12)
Most Wanted
Contested Outpost
Superior Positions

 

Congratulations to Jeremy on his win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beefcake4000 said:

Well ****, I for one did not expect to ever see an interdictor take a regional. 

I dare say the Interdictor helped, but it was probably the Sloane/aces ball (and maybe even the player!) that really took the regional. :)

Well done, either way!

Edited by Don Henderson fan club
added bracketted text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the Interdictor was a powerhouse.  The Sloan Aces would strip tokens, and then the Interdictor would put out consistent damage while surviving close in barrages.  The Dcap+HIE combo shreds shields fast, and the just poured damage onto the hull. The Maarek-Jendon Combo did effective work, especially stripping brace tokens.  It was amazing to see how much damage the ‘dictor shrugged off between scramblers, Brunson, and engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dsnowak said:

No, the Interdictor was a powerhouse.  The Sloan Aces would strip tokens, and then the Interdictor would put out consistent damage while surviving close in barrages.  The Dcap+HIE combo shreds shields fast, and the just poured damage onto the hull. The Maarek-Jendon Combo did effective work, especially stripping brace tokens.  It was amazing to see how much damage the ‘dictor shrugged off between scramblers, Brunson, and engineering.

I stand corrected! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking as an opposing player, the dictor build is legit. Maybe I could have played better against it with a few more games to find the best way to handle it, but its quite a good list and the player played it very well.

Edited by bleachorange
add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tattooine's Twin Moons

Faction: Galactic Empire
Points: 390/400

Commander: Darth Vader

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Salvage Run

 

Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit (112 points)
Avenger  ( 5  points)
-  Strategic Adviser  ( 4  points)
-  Boarding Troopers  ( 3  points)
-  Quad Battery Turrets  ( 5  points)
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points)
= 135 total ship cost

 

[ flagship ] Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit (112 points)
-  Darth Vader  ( 36  points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)
= 155 total ship cost

 

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points)
= 25 total ship cost

 

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
Suppressor  ( 4  points)
= 27 total ship cost

 

6 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 48 points)
= 48 total squadron cost

Edited by bleachorange
added objectives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is more surprised than me that I took the top spot yesterday in NC Regionals. What started as a bet with Jeff Hincy to run the Interdictor seems to have worked pretty well. I listed the build below for those interested. First round was 10-1 against Dodonna/Liberty/Garel's Honor/Token Squads, Round 2 was 7-4 against JJ/Vic/Demo/Moderate Squads, Round 3 was 8-3 against Dodonna/MC-75/MC-30/Moderate Squads, Round 4 was 8-3 against Sloane/ISD2/3xGoz/Heavy Squads and the top cut was a win against Vader/2xCymoon/Moderate Squads. I don't remember all the flotillas in the lists I faced but those where the main ships.

The theory behind the build is pretty straightforward. Sloane is hidden on the super tanky Interdictor, allowing the squads to better win the squad battle and then strip off the opposing ship's brace tokens. There is also a slicer tool tua/ecm gozanti to target an opposing carrier and help out the squads even more. Targeting the redirects doesn't really matter as d-caps and heavy ion emplacements will strip off the shields, and the Interdictor puts out surprising amount of damage once the opponent loses their brace tokens.

A shout out to everyone from Richmond who drove down as we all took 5 out of the top 10 spots in the 30ish player tournament! The tournament was well run and I was happy to see a large variety of lists as wave 7 seems to have really opened up the possibility of making every ship viable; even the Interdictor!  

Name: Tortuga
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Sloane

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Superior Positions

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Repair Crews (4)
= 27 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Slicer Tools (7)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
• Vector (2)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
= 46 Points

Interdictor Suppression Refit (90)
• Admiral Sloane (24)
• Captain Brunson (5)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
• G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Interdictor (3)
= 149 Points

Squadrons:
• Colonel Jendon (20)
• Dengar (20)
• Mauler Mithel (15)
• Maarek Stele (21)
• Saber Squadron (12)
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Zertik Strom (15)
• Howlrunner (16)
= 132 Points

Total Points: 379

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, V0RN said:

No one is more surprised than me that I took the top spot yesterday in NC Regionals. What started as a bet with Jeff Hincy to run the Interdictor seems to have worked pretty well.

The theory behind the build is pretty straightforward. Sloane is hidden on the super tanky Interdictor, allowing the squads to better win the squad battle and then strip off the opposing ship's brace tokens. There is also a slicer tool tua/ecm gozanti to target an opposing carrier and help out the squads even more. Targeting the redirects doesn't really matter as d-caps and heavy ion emplacements will strip off the shields, and the Interdictor puts out surprising amount of damage once the opponent loses their brace tokens.

 

This should go in the list building topic, but could you talk about your objective selection?

I'm guessing that you were first player every round with that insane bid. Is that correct?

I am surprised that 33 was enough to make top 2 at a Regional (8.25 average). Were you in first or second after 4 rounds? What was championship round MoV?

Edited by elbmc1969
Making the quote smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, elbmc1969 said:

This should go in the list building topic, but could you talk about your objective selection?

I'm guessing that you were first player every round with that insane bid. Is that correct?

I am surprised that 33 was enough to make top 2 at a Regional (8.25 average). Were you in first or second after 4 rounds? What was championship round MoV?

Vorn won the championship without too much issue, at least a 7-4, probably 8-3 before we called it. I was really unsure how to attack the list with the speed 0 shenanigans and being out-squadroned. Fighting heavy squads with heavy ship lists relies on timing and ship placement in my experience and the interdictor really messed with that for me. He had 33pts and I had 31pts for the cut selection.

Edited by bleachorange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...