Ronu

Synced Turret

3 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

New phone who dis?

Hahaha. Scout Sniper for Saw Gerrera's Partisans and Ace pilot of the Cavern Angels. She is the other crew card and U-wing pilot shown in the preview article.

Edited by BVRCH

In all my play testing so far it's the range 1-2 restriction that hurts the most for me. If TLT wasn't a thing or was taken down several notches we would probably see more Sinks running around.

Obviously against something like Black One the Target Lock restriction sucks as well, but we live in a world where everything except the ships that actually need it can barrel roll/boost/SLAM their way to range 3 and beyond, so having TLT instead helps with that problem.

I suppose the niche Synched turret is carving out for itself is supposed to be as an afterthought upgrade along the lines of Dorsal Turret, but with bells on, hence one more point. 

There are countless means to get TL without spending an action- which benefits your entire squad, so you're not doing it for the Synched, and you obviously shouldn't. As long as your dial is decent (Ghost / TiE Agressor), you turn yourself into basically a very forgiving Arcdodger, as you gain sort-of-action economy if you do it right and can still shoot if youu don't.

Yeah, of course TLT is better, but a) the 2 points you saved can buy you an awful lot in the right list and b) it's the only turret that actively encourages fun dogfighting.

Getting a TL on the right enemy is tricky and TLT is just too good (I am still convinced TLT in its present form wouldnd be overpriced if it costs double). If the Synced turret had at least range 3 I would like to try it on a ship with deadeye.

TLT is so far above and beyond compared to other turrets that by default other turrets suck anyway.

Sync Turret is probably the only turret capable of out-damaging TLT potentially, but in reality it never will due to R3 allowing more shots and the multi-attack thing is difficult even for high agi ships to avoid twice. I'm not factoring BlasterTurret here because its virtually never going to fire with mods, so expecting 3 damage out of it is laughable.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

TLT is so far above and beyond compared to other turrets that by default other turrets suck anyway.

Sync Turret is probably the only turret capable of out-damaging TLT potentially, but in reality it never will due to R3 allowing more shots and the multi-attack thing is difficult even for high agi ships to avoid twice. I'm not factoring BlasterTurret here because its virtually never going to fire with mods, so expecting 3 damage out of it is laughable.

Synced Turret on Kannan is a GREAT counter to the current TLT Ghost meta because it wins the damage race against low agility ships.  I flew it in Houston with Ezra Maul crew and was passing out crits left and right.  Being able to generate those crits is what makes it good I think.  TLT gives you better consistent damage, but Synced gives you some FANTASTIC burst damage.

7 hours ago, DampfGecko said:

I suppose the niche Synched turret is carving out for itself is supposed to be as an afterthought upgrade along the lines of Dorsal Turret, but with bells on, hence one more point. 

There are countless means to get TL without spending an action- which benefits your entire squad, so you're not doing it for the Synched, and you obviously shouldn't. As long as your dial is decent (Ghost / TiE Agressor), you turn yourself into basically a very forgiving Arcdodger, as you gain sort-of-action economy if you do it right and can still shoot if youu don't.

Yeah, of course TLT is better, but a) the 2 points you saved can buy you an awful lot in the right list and b) it's the only turret that actively encourages fun dogfighting.

In a vacuum TLT is objectively better but as @DampfGecko points out, it’s in the list building where you can find that synergy. 

2 points can go a long way with your Ghost Fenn build. The TL requirement of Synched turret is mitigated by FCS and Fenn’s PS 11 coordinate. 

Its on some top lists in Europe (and Omaha?) so it obviously does work.  

6 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Synced Turret on Kannan is a GREAT counter to the current TLT Ghost meta because it wins the damage race against low agility ships.  I flew it in Houston with Ezra Maul crew and was passing out crits left and right.  Being able to generate those crits is what makes it good I think.  TLT gives you better consistent damage, but Synced gives you some FANTASTIC burst damage.

The ability to crit is the only bonus it really has over TLT.

In terms of damage output it's either about the same or slightly worse, on average.

4 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Mathwingers can show us this, I’m sure.

TLT without focus against 2 dice without focus does 1.18 damage on average.

Synced turret with the same setup and no rerolls is .896 damage on average. 1 reroll raises this to 1.27, 2 to 1.483, and 3 to 1.531.

Like i said in the TLT thread, Sync Turret is the closest to outdamaging TLT's but the versatility of TLT's will win out every time anyway.
With mods, a single shot of Sync vs the doubleshot of TLTs the Sync will do more typically (except against high agi token stackers fo course)
W/o mods, pretty dang close to even.

So it comes down to the R3 access and ability to punch atleast 1 damge through on high agi token stackers. Versatility > slightly higher damage.

3 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

So with Arc, FCS or Maul, Synced Turret is slightly better than TLT?

In an otherwise vacuum at least, yes. My head hurts trying to think of factoring the opportunities to attack between the range differences of 1-2 & 2-3, along with the Lock restriction for Synced.

6 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

So with Arc, FCS or Maul, Synced Turret is slightly better than TLT?

This is a pretty easy question to answer if you're familiar with some of the better calculators out there:

Synced maul/ezra v 0 agility: http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/?q=MAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAA (~2.5)

TLT maul/ezra v 0 agility: http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/?q=MQAAAAACAQAAAAAEAAAAAA (~2)

TLT makes math complicated, though:

Synced maul/ezra v 3 agility: http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/?q=MAADAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAA (~1.38)

TLT maul/ezra v 3 agility: http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/?q=MQADAAACAQAAAAAEAAAAAA (~1.5)

The short story is TLT gets better the more mods/dice the defender has, with a comically larger attack radius, and no TL restriction.

3 minutes ago, Innese said:

TLT without focus against 2 dice without focus does 1.18 damage on average.

Synced turret with the same setup and no rerolls is .896 damage on average. 1 reroll raises this to 1.27, 2 to 1.483, and 3 to 1.531.

Thanks! If I may ask, what are the odds for the case of Deadeye Synced where there's a focus token instead?

It all boils down to:

you got six points?  Take TLT.

you don’t have 6 points?  Well drop some Scyk and make room for TLT!

really can’t make room?  Take synced.  I guess.  Or dorsal, it’s ok.  ABT with AC, yeah!  

But really, you can’t make room for 6 points?  

Well ok....

1 minute ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Thanks! If I may ask, what are the odds for the case of Deadeye Synced where there's a focus token instead?

1.531 with no rerolls vs 2 defence dice that have no focus, 1.943 with 1 reroll, 2.054 with 2, and 2.064 with 3.

TLT with the focus is 1.537.

Mention of DEADEYE synched makes me sad about the lost potential of the TIE aggressor 

It would have been such an interesting and unique ship if it came with a TIE/ag title that was literally just copypasted DEADEYE but in the title slot

Would've synergized really nicely with both named pilots and given generics SOMETHING beyond being barrelrolling Ywings 

The TIE/Ag feels like they were bent on just giving imperials a ywing with a "tie feel" - that is, not a restrictive dial, broll, and somewhat fragile.

Also shockingly stale and uninteresting. I fully expected some sort of "in arc" effect via a title, but they didnt even get a title at all. Deadeye would also be great since they CAME WITH SYNC TURRET and are oddly enough one of the worst ships for it.