Sign in to follow this  
player2801864

Paint Troubleshooting

While I have a couple specific questions, hopefully this thread can answer other questions I didn’t know I had.

Being new to painting (as I’m sure many others are) I have been trying my hand at painting other stuff before I apply the brush to these minis. I have been using mostly Vallejo because it’s easier to measure paint from a dropper. That said, a couple paints seem extremely thin and I’m not sure if I did not shake them enough or if that’s how they’re meant to be (Specifically, Vallejo Model’s USA Olive Drab and Vallejo Game’s Dark Fleshtone). They came out almost like washes. Any ideas on how to fix/avoid this?

You can also open up the top by removing the dropper and use a long thin stick to stir the paint. I've been also playing with putting a small ball bearing into the pot to help shake it up. You may need to shake the paint for a while if the paint has sat for a long time.

Edited by Skyguard

Vallejo paints are quite thick, but they need a really-really-really good shake. If yours are almost like washes, that you definitely did not shake them enough.

I roll my bottle between my hands, if you hold your hands at right angles to each other and roll the bottle over your fingers you get some extra agitation from that.

If you store your paints upright also turn the bottle upside down, so that gravity helps you too.

Groovy tips.  I just ordered my first ever paint set this morning, and my excitement level for SW:L is rising like hot bread.  My painting level is zero, but the combo of this community and the many vids on YouTube have me feeling optimistic.  #LetTheJourneyBegin

5 hours ago, DarkJello said:

Groovy tips.  I just ordered my first ever paint set this morning, and my excitement level for SW:L is rising like hot bread.  My painting level is zero, but the combo of this community and the many vids on YouTube have me feeling optimistic.  #LetTheJourneyBegin

Check out vincent ventruella on youtube he is an outstanding painter and shares great tips. Also a wet pallate.