Sign in to follow this  
datalink7

Work with two?

Salutations,

I haven't played an RPG for a while, but recently picked this one up because it looked awesome.  Reading the rules I am really looking forward to trying it out but only know one person thus far who would want to play.  Obviously RPGs work better with more but would this work at all with one GM and one PC?  Not for a long campaign I wasn't thinking but maybe some adventures.  Or would that not be fun at all and we should keep looking for more players? 

Yea, it really works well with two.  The characters are more powerful in this edition, so they don't die with a couple hits.  Just halve the encounter opponents and you'll do fine.  Another good tip might be for the player to also have a "sidekick" character.

jh

Emirikol said:

Yea, it really works well with two.  The characters are more powerful in this edition, so they don't die with a couple hits.  Just halve the encounter opponents and you'll do fine.  Another good tip might be for the player to also have a "sidekick" character.

jh

I agree. This game really shines with few pcs.

The major advantage with only 1 PC, he/she get all the "spotlight" and you can make a very personalized (is that even a word?) game.

It's a good idea to incorporate a GM played sidekick, but watch out because the problem with this is that you (the GM) will be forced at some point to speak to yourself (the NPC speaks with another NPC), which always feels kind of odd and goofy.

Silverwave said:

The major advantage with only 1 PC, he/she get all the "spotlight" and you can make a very personalized (is that even a word?) game.

It's a good idea to incorporate a GM played sidekick, but watch out because the problem with this is that you (the GM) will be forced at some point to speak to yourself (the NPC speaks with another NPC), which always feels kind of odd and goofy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/personalized

Although that is the American spelling, so I can grumble a little about that :P

Yes, low PC numbers adventures can work. If you think the combat is too dangerous, add some NPCs on the side of your player(s).