FSD

Next Expansion WILD Speculation Based On 2018 World Championship Prizes "spoiler"

58 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

More WILD speculation (or at least WILD food for thought). So one of my older theories is that they would release an app for each previous box expansion. So presumably the next one would be for Twin shadows. If that were the case, could the twin shadows tiles be used for Lothal? Might need to also visit Tatooine too to make good use of Tuscans. I don't know...seems like a stretch. 

If they went this direction, I'd rather see their app release of Twin Shadows make good use of Obi-Wan and the Bantha rider:) 

It's a stretch, but we've seen desert tiles used in the game booklets for stuff that I'd say wouldn't quite classify as a standard desert (such as Ord Mantell).

What I expect:

Lothal Box with Death Troopers and new random heros

Thrawn Villain Pack

Rex Ally Pack

Vizago/Hondo Villain Pack

What I want:

Full Rebels box where you can play Ezra, Kanan,etc. as campaign Heros. Death troopers and Boba's fix.

Thrawn Villain Pack

Rex and Fulcrum Ally Pack

Vizago/Hondo Ally Pack (scum for skirmish, rebel for campaign)

I think, this will be a Rebels big box. They have not done a small box for quite some time. And all we have seen so far is indeed Rebels (Thrawn, Death Troopers, Rex).

Rebels: Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Zeb, Rex

Empire: Thrawn, Rukh, Deathtroopers

Actually, is there still any other imperial trooper variant shown in Rebels, that is not available in Imperial Assault yet? (Except Cadets) Usually, a big box comes with three different villain small deployments and one single massive deployment. A small box comes with two villain small deployments and no big one. And usually, there is at least one imperial villain deployment and at least on merc villain deployment. I don't know what that could be.

4 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

I don't think this fits into Rebels but I would love to see Zuckuss and 4-Lom including a Boba fix.

May not fit into Rebels, but it seems like the most obvious Merc box missing. Could be a fix for Dengar instead or both :) Also Merc doesn't have a dual-unique box yet and I think this could really help round out Merc as a faction and help getting away from RCP if done right.

I don't think we necessarily need everything to fit a Rebels theme.

Clawdites and Riot Troopers are, as far as I know, not Rebels but were in Heart of the Empire.  Same goes for Palpatine, at least back when HotE was released.

Rebels has a lot of cameos from other characters from the OT/PT/Clone Wars.  It's reasonable enough for 4LOM and Zuck to have an encounter there at some point.

After thinking about this a bit (and reviewing everyone else's speculations), I'm almost wondering if there's a possibility of just a Reinforcement wave:

Imperial: Thrawn (alone or with Ruhk possibly?)

Rebels: Rex

Merc: 4-LOM and Zuckuss

I'd not be upset with this, honestly.

50 minutes ago, FSD said:

After thinking about this a bit (and reviewing everyone else's speculations), I'm almost wondering if there's a possibility of just a Reinforcement wave:

Imperial: Thrawn (alone or with Ruhk possibly?)

Rebels: Rex

Merc: 4-LOM and Zuckuss

I'd not be upset with this, honestly.

It's possible.  Though, if the speculation that we've gotten that it's a rebel hero instead of Rex (supplemented by the edit to the article), then I think we can assume a box set.

Also... Just wild speculation (as is appropriate in this thread) but sometimes the heroes somehow match the campaigns they come with.  Jabba's Realm all had merc heroes, for instance, while Ko-Tun was a senator's daughter.

I wonder if this is a rebel Veteran Clone hero, if we also might get some merc refurbished battle droids for him to fight.

Or alternatively (or not alternatively, I guess these two theories can mesh)... I wonder if this might be an Imperial hero campaign.  

Edited by subtrendy2

52 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

A Kallus/Fulcrum pack with different figures/deployments would be fun. Kallus/Imperial, Fulcrum/Rebel. Also, the Kallus figure should be terrible and give away some extra VPs to rebel faction somehow.

Ketsu was Merc and Rebel as well, would be cool to see her show up.  

Edited by ImperialOfficer

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

It's possible.  Though, if the speculation that we've gotten that it's a rebel hero instead of Rex (supplemented by the edit to the article), then I think we can assume a box set. 

Very true.  I was unaware they edited Rex's name out of the article.  We very well could see a close trooper as a Rebel hero as FFG evidently is fine using "non-canon" characters on the Skirmish maps so this mat may be no different. 

My (very uneducated guess) predictions:

Small Box (its time, I guess?)
Clone Trooper Hero (don't think we will be getting neither Rebel nor Imperial clone trooper groups; too many Stormtroopers already)
Close Combat Hero (another Jedi, perhaps... ex-jedi being very popular and all)

Imperial Groups
Droidekas (I would REALLY like to see these! The best thing that came out of the Prequel Trilogy)
Battle Droids (perhaps the first 5 strong Deployment Group for Imperial Assault? I hear that's a thing in Descent?)
Mandalorians? (they are popular as well)

12 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

Good thinking. I've been trying to think of good Rebels or Rogue One themed mercs that could come in groups of 2-3. Madolorian warriors would be a really good fit. Also, if this was a box expansion, it is a nice opportunity to give us a Boba fix. 

I think Partisans could work as well, however, not quite as well because they typically align with the rebellion, whereas, the Mando's are much more flexible (depending on their clan).

20 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Good thinking. I've been trying to think of good Rebels or Rogue One themed mercs that could come in groups of 2-3. Madolorian warriors would be a really good fit. Also, if this was a box expansion, it is a nice opportunity to give us a Boba fix. 

I think Partisans could work as well, however, not quite as well because they typically align with the rebellion, whereas, the Mando's are much more flexible (depending on their clan).

Partisans are tough because, like you said, they're typically aligned with the Rebels.  At the very least, probably not actually firing on them.

They'd probably be fine in Skirmish, but things would get really awkward in campaign unless we had another Jabba's Realm situation.

Will the next wave be a little box (not seen from a while), a Big Box or just some blister ?
Famous Hero from movie or series (like Thrawn or Rex) are usually sold in blister while Troopers are embeded in BOX with unknown hero.

Or Thrawn is the bad guy, included as a token in the box, but as a figure in the corresponding blister wave? (See Jabba, Bossk and Boba Fett in Jabba's Palace, Bespin Gambit and Twin Shadows.)

Just judging by the picture, I assume, that it will be a box art. Usually, FFG uses recent box art for point dials.

21 hours ago, angelman2 said:

My (very uneducated guess) predictions:

Small Box (its time, I guess?)
Clone Trooper Hero (don't think we will be getting neither Rebel nor Imperial clone trooper groups; too many Stormtroopers already)
Close Combat Hero (another Jedi, perhaps... ex-jedi being very popular and all)

Imperial Groups
Droidekas (I would REALLY like to see these! The best thing that came out of the Prequel Trilogy)
Battle Droids (perhaps the first 5 strong Deployment Group for Imperial Assault? I hear that's a thing in Descent?)

Mandalorians is a good call.  If we get a Rebels/pre-ANH themed box, that's a solid choice for Merc units to include alongside the Death Troopers as non-unique deployments.