Bojanglez

What other settings books do you expect to see?

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, MasterDinadan2 said:

Doing sourcebooks for themes (i.e. super powers) as well as settings is my preference.

I would love to see a sourcebook for the horror theme, with expanded mechanics, talents, etc. They could also provide some horror content specifically groomed for certain settings - sci-fi alien encounters, modern day serial killer, lovecraft horror, gothic vampires/werewolves, etc.)

I could see a conversion book to use the End of the World RPG series with Genesys rules.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, MasterDinadan2 said:

Doing sourcebooks for themes (i.e. super powers) as well as settings is my preference.

I would love to see a sourcebook for the horror theme, with expanded mechanics, talents, etc. They could also provide some horror content specifically groomed for certain settings - sci-fi alien encounters, modern day serial killer, lovecraft horror, gothic vampires/werewolves, etc.)

I'm a sucker for urban fantasy, so I'll say a nice Modern Urban Fantasy Setting (or a Toolkit for fleshing out your own setting).

With room to play low powered psychics/diviners/whatever to high powered mages/vampires/ etc...

Also, a martial arts setting would be fun - Ancient China that never was or Jade Empire, something like that.

I believe that the End of the World series is a licensed property so I would be surprised if they adapted it. I think the smart money would be producing books based on properties that are owned wholesale. Fill the books with options that can be adapted to people's home games and they will sell. Much like the Star Wars career books have many uses beyond said career. 

On 3/5/2018 at 3:29 AM, Richardbuxton said:

There’s definitely an Android setting book being worked on.

I hope we get a few adventures for each of the settings they release. So at least a couple of Terrinoth adventures, hopefully with some extra new rules and character options.

I also hope we get some more generic books. I think the talk about Supers on all the places we discuss this game has been common enough to suggest FFG should make a book for that. I don’t care if it’s generic or if FFG somehow gets a Limited licence to use Marvel/DC stuff.

Some of the Terrinoth features are super equivalents (Heroic Feats aspects) and would combine with the superhero tips of the core book for the most powerful characters.

And Android is very likely I'd say- would work well combined with this https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-worlds-of-android/

I'd be slightly tempted even with my Terrinoth focus!

Of course, it'll never happen (I can't imagine Sony coming on board), but I'd love to see a Stargate setting. I'm going to put together my own, which will be a bit of a mish-mash of the space opera and modern settings, but it would be nice to see something "official". :)

10 hours ago, Daronil said:

Of course, it'll never happen (I can't imagine Sony coming on board), but I'd love to see a Stargate setting. I'm going to put together my own, which will be a bit of a mish-mash of the space opera and modern settings, but it would be nice to see something "official". :)

There was a Stargate RPG put out by AEG back in the day. If you don't already have access it could prove a useful resource. 

15 hours ago, Daronil said:

Good luck with that. I'm been working on a stargate setting myself, though very slowly. 

I'd doubt we see an official release in Gen. I believe the rpg rights are locked up somewhere. A d20 version was the last I saw.

5 hours ago, mouthymerc said:

There was a Stargate RPG put out by AEG back in the day. If you don't already have access it could prove a useful resource. 

I had Alderac's game - it was a great resource, but the d20 version was just too complex and "gamey" for us. A GC version would be great.

2 hours ago, Yisas8619 said:

Do you think we will see books expanding on horror, supers, etc...? I would love to see those, not only license settings.

I definitely can see this system working well in a horror setting.  Possibly we can see some sort of horror source book that looks at different types of horror tropes through the Genesys system.

Here's quotes from the Core rules:

The Runebound setting is based on the world of Mennara, with most of the action set on the continent of Terrinoth.

However, we could imagine that a setting like Sovereigns of Steam has a few non-human characters as well.

A solid example of a weird war setting is Fantasy Flight’s Tannhäuser.

Unlike our other settings, the modern day setting doesn’t come with an example, because you’re liv-ing in one.

A great example of a setting that is on the “harder” end of the science fiction spectrum is Fantasy Flight Games’ very own Android universe.

Fantasy Flight Games’ Twilight Imperium is a prime example of a space opera setting.

I am only speculating, but those seem like your best bets...

No matter the settings, I hope for a superhero book with rules for creating superpowers Genesys-style.

My group of players really want to try a superhero game in the next few months; for now the only way was to create superpowers by myself, but without playtesting is hard to balance.

Is their Arkham series a license or an in-house property?  If in-house it may very well be what they use for urban-fantasy.

I am hoping for a super hero setting sooner my self, but I fear that it will be one of their last books (if they elect to do one).

Cthulhu Mythos is all public domain. The Arkham Horror people try to be true to the source material. 

I think Cthulhu might be interesting, especially how combat is less of a focus in the Genesys system than in D&D or anything else. I think that if there is an Arkham setting people would need to go in with the expectation that 1: They will go insane. 2: Most of the stuff they fight will be human cultists. 3: The stuff they don't fight will drive them insane, and 4: Combat is secondary to what the Cthulhu mythos truly is about. Which is going insane Which is about coming to grips with things that are beyond the scope of humanity as a species existing, and stopping the worst of these from nomming on the world. 

3 hours ago, PurpleKittenofDeath said:

The cthulu mythos is regardes as public domain @FangGrip so it's not impossible we get to see it :)

The only thing that would work against this happening would be then continued existence of Call of Cthulhu.  While the Cthulhu mythos is public domain, Fantasy Flight might not want to push a Lovecraftian RPG when there already is one out there.

I would expect them to use their non-RPG intellectual property. Since they already have systems for their rpgs and fans can do the hard work of converting them if they are so inclined I don't see them allocating their resources to developing these.

The examples they have in the CRB hint that this will be their approach.