Sign in to follow this  
frisco

The third man

That's terrifying.

Not the list, the 5% battery.  :o

I kinda think a TIE/FO is the right ship.  Depends on how big of a bid you want.  How important is a bid anyhow?  Most pilots out there skip past 9 altogether, and PS 11 Fenn Rau coordinating a Boost or Barrel Roll doesn't care how big your bid was.

I've been hearing good things about VI and Advanced Optics on Omega Leader.  That'd be 24 points and bring you to 100 exactly.

Zeta Leader or Omega Ace with Advanced Optics and either VI or Crack Shot will either match Kylo's PS 9 or can use Crack Shot at a clutch time to lock in a crit for I'll Show You The Dark Side.  Drop down to an Omega Squadron Pilot with Crack Shot for a larger bid.

Zeta Ace (long 2 barrel rolls) with Lone Wolf and Advanced Optics looks like she'd be insanely fun at 22 points.  I haven't had a chance to put her on a table, though.

Epsilon Ace is 19 or 20 points, depending on Advanced Optics or Comm Relay.  PS 12 is nice, and you'll have reasonable action efficiency.

//

The other obvious option is a Gunboat.  Nu Squadron with Long Range Scanners and Harpoon Missile would fit at 22 points, and is a solid ship.  A pretty big initial shot, then you can move up and try to block and reload, then SLAM out to safety and reacquire a TL for another missile attack run.  It probably won't all happen, but it kinda forces your opponent to kill it before it can happen.  Also, it's cool to have the baby-space-cow next to the mama-cow-shuttle.

49 minutes ago, Deffly said:

OL with A Score to Settle and Advanced Optics gives you a 1pt bid.

Omega Leader with a score to settle is dirty. I like it. Advanced optics is good but you can also use com relay too. 

I have to agree that Omega Leader (A Score to Settle + Advanced Optics) and Omega Ace (Crack Shot + Advanced Optics) are probably your best options, although a Baron of the Empire or Gunboat with Harpoons would also be good as you could use Palpatine to try and set off the condition.  If the target has both Harpooned! and IWSYTDS then you can trigger both off the same uncancelled crit.

I'd also be tempted by Zeta Leader with Wired and Weapons Guidance (plus maybe Twin Ion Engines Mk.II depending on whether you want a 1pt bid or not).  Would be useful to have a wingman that can throw 3-4 attack dice considering Kylo is your only real threat against agile ships with good defensive mods.

Ah! So, a couple suggestions!

Firstly, the new Targeting Scrambler is going to be bomb AF on Palpmobiles (if they even get flown now that the Reaper can take the Emperor). 

Secondly, Primed Thrusters on Kylo would help him really get around.

That leaves 25 points...a Nu with your choice of things, a cheap OL, Omega Ace, Pure Sabacc, any TIE guy, etc etc etc