Hepitude

Bait-and-switch

4 hours ago, rebellightworks said:

Why would a sourcebook in the same universe but for a completely different game confirm a 5th faction? That's just silly.

Wish listing is great, but don't bet on it.

I'll echo this sentiment. We saw elf art for BattleLore, but no elves ever showed up.

On 3/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, Major Tom said:

No, but I’m now certain that we will get Orc armies for Rune Wars.

I hope so, then I will drop off my undead army and go straight to orcs! also dwarves should appear as a new army.

The mention of the dwarves having to defend themselves against a resurgence of Dragon in makes me hope they are the next factions released.

I want other races added to elves and humans though. Maybe Mahkim joining elves?

Daqan Lords are supposed to have gnomes, dwarves, elves and half elves amongst their citizens but I feel like they will never get to portray their main strength, diversity, on the tabletop.

8 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

The mention of the dwarves having to defend themselves against a resurgence of Dragon in makes me hope they are the next factions released.

I want other races added to elves and humans though. Maybe Mahkim joining elves?

Daqan Lords are supposed to have gnomes, dwarves, elves and half elves amongst their citizens but I feel like they will never get to portray their main strength, diversity, on the tabletop.

Technically, that's more the Free cities that have all the diversity.  That are loosely affiliated with the Daqan Lords and have lots of trade and open borders, but they're not the same thing politically.

8 hours ago, Willange said:

Technically, that's more the Free cities that have all the diversity.  That are loosely affiliated with the Daqan Lords and have lots of trade and open borders, but they're not the same thing politically.

Their leaders sit on the Council of Barons. They are part of the leadership of the Daqan, that sounds pretty much the same thing politically. 

16 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Their leaders sit on the Council of Barons. They are part of the leadership of the Daqan, that sounds pretty much the same thing politically. 

Either way, that's only one seat on the Daqan council so it doesn't represent the whole faction.  

I think they could continue the unit diversity though with more heroes like Kari that allow cross-faction units.  That way when say, Dwarves, are added, they could make a Daqan hero that includes dwarves or something like that.  I think that would be enough for the racial diversity of a 'free cities style' army while keeping the Daqan in general a primarily human factions.

I’m not sure what style of dwarves that Terrinkth has, but if they are anything like the Warhammer Fantasy dwarves (machinists, stupidly strong, intelligent) I would absolutely buy them.

I just want a faction that has a main infantry with 2 armor, 1 wound, and terrifying damage, but expensive and only smaller formations. Like a 6 tray is a 50-60 point unit without upgrades

11 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I’m not sure what style of dwarves that Terrinkth has, but if they are anything like the Warhammer Fantasy dwarves (machinists, stupidly strong, intelligent) I would absolutely buy them.

I just want a faction that has a main infantry with 2 armor, 1 wound, and terrifying damage, but expensive and only smaller formations. Like a 6 tray is a 50-60 point unit without upgrades

I've always hoped that the kind of thing the Ironbound would turn out to be for Daqan.   I don't care which faction gets the stats though.

25 minutes ago, Willange said:

I've always hoped that the kind of thing the Ironbound would turn out to be for Daqan.   I don't care which faction gets the stats though.

Ironbound are basically rune robots, like the golems, but steel.

20 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

Ironbound are basically rune robots, like the golems, but steel.

True, but Ironbound and Rune Golems are separate units in both Battlelore 2e and Descent, so we have a precedent!