GrimmyV

The Firespray Fix!

A new title!  1 pt?  0 pts?

Counterfeit Registration (title, Firespray only)

you may equip upgrades with ‘small ship only’.

finally, Linked Battery, Vectored Thrusters, cloaking device!  And Deadeye comes back!  Intensity, Juke, all the EPTs denied Boba.  Debris gambit could be a bit silly tho.

of course there’s not much of a chance ever seeing this outside of a scum Ace pack (very rare) or a campaign box.  Still, I don’t think it will come close to OP but I think Firesprays or at least Boba would be viable.

yeah, something like this should probably be available to all bounty hunter type ships, but then should be unique.  I wonder if a lone IGGY would take this instead of the IG2000 title.  One toilet seat getting Deadeye again...

27 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

finally, Linked Battery, Vectored Thrusters, cloaking device!  And Deadeye comes back!  Intensity, Juke, all the EPTs denied Boba.  Debris gambit could be a bit silly tho.

of course there’s not much of a chance ever seeing this outside of a scum Ace pack (very rare) or a campaign box.  Still, I don’t think it will come close to OP but I think Firesprays or at least Boba would be viable.

yeah, something like this should probably be available to all bounty hunter type ships, but then should be unique.  I wonder if a lone IGGY would take this instead of the IG2000 title.  One toilet seat getting Deadeye again...

I'm CoffeeMinion, and I approve this message.

There hasn't been a "unique pilot only" upgrade, but that might keep generic firespray lists from having crazy wingman combos.

Or perhaps make it a scum title, ・Only the Best 3pts scum only, large ship only, unique pilot only. You may equip upgrades with 'small ship only'

Edited by IronOx

13 minutes ago, MUrunner20 said:

@GrimmyV, this would be awesome. Not sure if my suggestion means anything but maybe treat it like the StarViper Mk. II  where it lets you take two titles and Boba can still take the Slave 1 title as well?

Nah.  Against theme.  The Slave I is legally registered. . .he must be in a rental to cover his tracks :lol:

Edited by Darth Meanie

It fixes nothing.

The Firespray has a terribly outdated dial, that's the core issue of the ship. It would definetly benefit from gaining a barrel roll, but if it comes at the cost of 2 points and the renounce of Engine Upgrade we are still at square one.

I thought about this a bunch a while ago.

Title: Customs patroller.  Imperial Only.  Firespray only.  Gain a crew slot and a system slot.   You may equip upgrades which are Small Ship Only. You may equip one additional Title upgrade card.  You may equip one additional Title upgrade card. 0 points.

Illicit: 1 point. Gain a crew slot.  You cannot equip unique crew upgrades.

Title: Gunrunner. Scum Only.  Firespray only. When you reveal a 1 bank manoeuvre, you may instead execute a white 1 turn manoeuvre in the same direction.You may equip upgrades which are Small Ship Only. Add Barrel Roll to your action bar. You may equip one additional Title upgrade card.  0 points.

Modification: Stolen Transponder Codes.  Unique.  Scum only.  Firespray only.  You ignore restrictions on unique Title upgrades. 2 points

Bounty Hunter: No change

Krassis Trelix: Prepend ‘You may attack with secondary weapons from your auxiliary arc’.

Imp Kath Scarlet: No change.

Imp Boba Fett: When you reveal a bank manoeuvre, you may change its speed OR bearing to any bank manoeuvre of the relevant direction or speed.  The new manoeuvre cannot be changed again.

(Basically Bobagator mostly rolled into one card leaving the crew slot free, and adding the benefit of stress clearing with all three banks in a direction (rather than rotating the dial), or directional flexibility.)

Mandalorian Mercenary: No change.

Emon Azzameen: Add EPT to upgrade bar.

Scum Kath Scarlet: No change

Scum Boba Fett: No change.

Edited by thespaceinvader

2 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Why not also fix the Imperial Firespray?

x_wing_miniatures___custom_upgrade_by_od 

EDIT: Frack, if we are going for a "fix", let's keep it 0 points.

Edited by Odanan

43 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Why not also fix the Imperial Firespray?

x_wing_miniatures___custom_upgrade_by_od 

EDIT: Frack, if we are going for a "fix", let's keep it 0 points.

@Odanan, what about a negative points title upgrade and adding either the Boost/BR to the action bar? I think the illicit addition would be clutch on the Imp Firespray!

Edited by MUrunner20

5 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

there’s a reason they have never given cloaking to a large based ship. Imagine the decloaking possibilities.... :blink:

If the rules are very respected, the declocking for big base ship would have the same effect as the barrel roll ( as they are use in the short side, 1 and 2 strait temple have the same width)

7 minutes ago, player2422845 said:

If the rules are very respected, the declocking for big base ship would have the same effect as the barrel roll ( as they are use in the short side, 1 and 2 strait temple have the same width)

Barrel rolling and boosting large ships is ridiculously powerful.  That’s why Vectored Thrusters and Cloaking are only on small ships and why Engine Upgrade is 4 points.

5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Stolen Transponder Codes. Modification, 2 points. You may ignore restrictions on unique Title upgrade cards.

Thats a pretty good list of things you could work with. Punishing One to get +1 red die, Mist Hunter for a barrel roll (at 1 point only!), and Havoc are the best choices. Honestly, I'd go with the Mist Hunter just to make Boba more maneuverable.

12 minutes ago, vbananas said:

Thats a pretty good list of things you could work with. Punishing One to get +1 red die, Mist Hunter for a barrel roll (at 1 point only!), and Havoc are the best choices. Honestly, I'd go with the Mist Hunter just to make Boba more maneuverable.

Yup.  I honestly cant think of a current unique title that would be OP on it, mostly because it's overpriced and unique.

You could make it 4 primary... but then its costing 50+ points.  You could give it a HLC turret.  But ditto.  You could give it sloops.  Etc etc etc.

It's my favourite of the long list of fixes I like for it.

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.  I honestly cant think of a current unique title that would be OP on it, mostly because it's overpriced and unique.

You could make it 4 primary... but then its costing 50+ points.  You could give it a HLC turret.  But ditto.  You could give it sloops.  Etc etc etc.

It's my favourite of the long list of fixes I like for it.

Alliance overhaul, and to a slightly lesser extent spec ops are the only two that might be broken.

Both give 4 dice front primary, one gives focus to a crit on rear, other allows possible double shots. And both cost 0!

AO would be brutal on scum kath.

EDIT: Missed the unique title part. Which is a shame as most generic titles would help the firespray.

Edited by markcsoul