Sign in to follow this  
Rouxxor

Dale deck

My new favourite is Captains of the West. So great in my Gondor deck. The heroes that would not normally quest, do, and considerably, and are then ready for their usual duties anyway. It is a great early card, and it helps just as well in the final push (though perhaps not as much as the above examples).

8 hours ago, OlorinCZ said:

I actually like global boosts, even in Event form. They saved my *** many times. Sometimes you need to push hard even in later rounds. To comlete the quest before threatingout/to escape from big enemy, tah just poped out/bypass horrible location/and so on. 

And astonishing speed is excellent in my Rohan decks. Merry (who is not Rohan in traits, but definitelly is in his mind ;) ) makes it cheaper with Good meal. You quest with everybody but Eomund. Than sacrifice Eomund for first defense. And Rohan cavalery is ready to ride. 

If you are starting to lose control, this is an excellent combo to get back on top. 

And that is why i love those event willpower-boosting cards. 

I have a weakness for situationally useful events myself, so I'm empathetic with this viewpoint.

This is getting away from the OP, but does anyone have a nice Scout build they like?

While I wouldn't recommend my Black Serpent fellowship for actual play (using all the Black Serpent decks required it to try too many things at once), I really liked the combination of  Rhovanion Outriders and Dunedain Pathfinders.  There's good questing scout allies in both lore and spirit, so I think a lore/spirit combo would be best -- but the best lore scout questers (Mirkwood Explorer and Firyal) are both expensive.  For that reason, I think Thurindir might be a good lore choice for a scout deck anyways, since he can get The Storm Comes and let you play costly questers each turn of any color (plus powering up Riders of Rohan).

The scout heroes that like to quest are Idraen, Lanwyn, and Hirgon.  Hirgon's ability doesn't let you play questers, but it would allow cheap tactics to be played.  Idraen and Lanwyn's abilities kick in more often as the player count increases.  SpLegolas has a questing ability and is a scout, but with 1 progress it's not so compelling without LeGimli, and you wouldn't want LeGimli in the scout deck anyway.  With the exception of Haldir and maybe Elfhelm there aren't any scout heroes that are worth more in combat than SpLegolas would be.  So I'm not seeing a hero combination I'd like for a solo scout deck, though I think a multiplayer scout deck should be viable with a variety of combinations.  Since so many scouts interact with locations, one-handed solo weakness is to be expected, I think

But maybe the new cycle will provide some scouting heroes/allies/attachment/events that will change that.  Prior to this cycle Dale has been scout-heavy, so there's some hope for that.

Yeah, I think the 1 Lore 2 Spirit hero deck could be really good. Naturally, better in coop with a support combat deck. The Scouts doing the questing and location clearing. I like the combo of Pathfinder and Outrider. Mirkwood Courier could fit there well. And if you take Thurindir as your Lore hero, then Rider of Rohan will be a great card there.

With the new North Realm Lookout I'm making some change to my deck. I get disappointed from warrior of Dale, who can't be played without king of Dale and do only attack when other character are able to do better (like knight who quest and battle twice, the new ally who will quest and attack). So I remove 2 of them and the last unexpected courage.

North Realm Lookout looks almost too good to be true. Have been trying him out the last two days; he is amazing. 1 item makes him 3 willpower not exhausting to quest: obviously great for Spare Hood and Cloak, which is some card in a Dale deck already.

I think the Leadership ally will fit the deck very well too. I am pretty sure it works similar to Warrior of Dale, swapping attack for defense, ranged for sentinel, weapon for armour.

I do play Spirit Bard now, and am still a bit torn about the off-sphere allies. Sometimes they are great, sometimes dead cards, depending on King of Dale, naturally. I am not playing anything else to get them into play, but with the good card draw thanks to Brand's ability, I seem to have King very often. And the Trader fits the deck perfectly then, and the Warrior is ok.