Sign in to follow this  
CrashGaming247

Twitch Streamer Looking For GM and Group

Hello everybody,

(I posted this in the beginner game section and realized that wasn't the best place to do so and I'm reposting it here. I'm not looking to play the beginner game set nor is that forum section very active.)

I've been reading about the Star Wars roleplaying game and it sounds really fun. As the title says, I'm a small Twitch streamer and am looking to put together a group. I'd broadcast the session, just voices and my screen for the rolls and maps. I've asked my viewers and they'd really like to see a roleplaying game. I roleplay often when streaming video games, such as wearing costumes, voice acting, keeping it fun. I'd like to play with people okay with roleplaying. To clarify, at times speaking to NPCs in character/ announcing actions as you'd imagine your character would.

I have never played this rule set, Edge of the Empire, and have some limited experience with D&D. I have much more experience with boardgames from Fantasy Flight. With any these of these games I enjoy describing what I'm doing instead of just rolling the dice. In general, I am new, open to advice, and looking for a good campaign where we can develop our characters and their stories. I'm not interested in GM'ing as it isn't my forte. As a former Warhammer 40k player, I am perfectly fine with reading every rulebook needed and there many, many revisions. 

So I'm looking for a group of like minded adults, probably 4, so a GM and 4 players. I'm 28 and live on the east coast. I'd prefer a mature theme with plenty of violence and political intrigue. Roll20 is the website I'd suggest for this and I can make a private discord channel for chat.

I have a character in mind and worked up a short background for them, one of my favorite things to do. In short, a Smuggler-Gunslinger, with high presence so as to "face" for the group. If interested, let me know here, write something about yourself and maybe your character idea. For GMs interested, let me know here and thank you for considering it. Hopefully, we can all have fun and make some good friends.

Crash

First of all, I have to warn you that finding GMs is typically very hard. May the Force be with us/you.

Second of all, from a mechanical standpoint, if you want to be a face, being purely Gunslinger isn’t the best choice. I’d recommend grabbing Scoundrel (instead of or in addition to), as it provides social talents but still has a similar feel.

Anyway, I would be open to a lot of things, although I’d like to be able to use my Complete Species Guide for species. If we end up doing an Edge of the Empire game, I would likely go with a Squib Explorer-Trader/Droid Tech who lives off of scavenging parts for droids and selling his contraptions. Of course, he would have all of the usual Squib quirks, such as constantly trying to make deals, using weird expressions, and taking anything that’s free. If we go with Age of Rebellion, I think a Skrilling could be cool, just because he’d really only be involved because he wants to eat all the free corpses on the battlefields. I’d probably go with Commander-Tactician in that case. If it’s Force and Destiny, I’d rather not play. I know you said adults, so I suppose I should let you know that I’m 16. However, I’ve played with adults for most of my time roleplaying, so I don’t think that an age gap would be an issue. As for experience, I’ve been GMing this system for about nine months, and I’ve been a fan of it for the past several years. (However, I never really had anyone to play with in that time.)

How often, and on which days are you planning on playing? I'm currently GMing a game for an online group (and one for a local group as well), but I can probably fit in another in. I'd probably rather run an EotE game, as that's the genre I have most experience with, but I could probably run a F&D game as well, if needed.

Once a week. 7pm est if possible, for as many hours as the GM wants, I'm not experienced enough to know how many would be needed per session without becoming too long. The day doesn't matter to me as it's most likely after work. For campaign/storyline length, I'd like to play and develop our characters. I like the idea of EotE instead of F&D or Age of Rebellion. I like the idea of living on the fringe of civilization and away from the main story of Star Wars, where the war is a backdrop and not the main plot. Though I'm open to seeing how things progress. I just don't want to fly the Millennium Falcon or blow up any more Death Stars lol

I'd like to keep a small group so we each have more interactions per session. And most of all, I want everyone to feel like they are needed/a main character.

I was going to offer to possibly GM but I'm based in the UK, so timezones may be a issue.  Would you want to be Twitch streaming live?

Do you have a preference for where in the timeline you'd want to be, whether you'd be looking at a primarily Edge campaign that could later shift slightly? Rules as Written or some houseruling?

Edited by Suma99

That all sounds good. I'm in EST, so 7pm should be fine, but I dont know if I can commit to a weekly game. Fortnightly would be better. How about Monday nights?