Sign in to follow this  
ImperialOfficer

what happened.....

Yes.  But it wasn't the list - it was my legendary horrible dice luck.  The stuff of legend and songs sung far and wide as warnings to the uninitiated.  My name is a verb at my local game store.  And beyond.

But no, seriously - it's true.  In this particular instance, it was a pummel from Vader followed by the 3 attack RGC command card - all great rolls against my Vader - all of my defenses for those 5 attacks were the same:  roll 2 single blocks, re-roll one into a single block.  5.  Times.  This happened before the end of the third round and I rage quit the tournament...

Epilogue:  I think Vader was dead before the last attack by the RGC, so he had to eat it.  Which was all the solace of a band-aid on a severed hand.  I do remember rolling 5 times though, so we may have just rolled it out to prove just how legendary my dice luck is...

Edited by macmastermind
APPENDIX...

58 minutes ago, ImperialOfficer said:

Ever feel like you're finally on the right track......but then you play 1 match and start to question everything about your list? 

lol.......yeah that's today.

It's not like you were playing against somebody who's been in the top 16 at Worlds the past couple years... Oh wait

57 minutes ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

What were you playing, what were you playing against, and what went wrong?

I've been practicing palp/riots/jets for a while now.  I don't get near as much practice as I want, but I've been sticking to it.  

In my normal peer group, no one had been running Han enough to get practice.  

Got shredded by Han today.  I pushed for the mission (crates - Mos eisley) a little too fast, but the biggest issue was placement.  

I wanted to push the entire squad up, but with it being an 8 activation Han list, if I moved it all up, then Palp was going to take 3 shots before getting to move again.  

2 minutes ago, ImperialOfficer said:

Got shredded by Han today.  I pushed for the mission (crates - Mos eisley) a little too fast, but the biggest issue was placement.  

I got fcked when my opponent placed Han at a door. I forgot about his end of round ability, which takes place AFTER the doors open! ARGH.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

Rebel lists with high-costed uniques can go south in a hurry. If Han or one of your other Titans is taken out early, you lose a lot of firepower, which can cause things to snowball in a hurry. In my last two games against Morfeo, I got it handed to me with lists that I tend to do pretty well with. 

It just happens sometimes. But that’s how the dice roll sometimes. Hopefully we learn from it to not get beat so bad the next time.

-ryanjamal 

3 hours ago, ImperialOfficer said:

In my normal peer group, no one had been running Han enough to get practice.  

I'll trade you some of our 50+% han meta for some scum players. I'm one of 2 consistent Scum users :P

14 hours ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

I'll trade you some of our 50+% han meta for some scum players. I'm one of 2 consistent Scum users :P

I’m betting you’re going to see a big swing in the merc direction. It shouldn’t be such a big deal to see so many Han players—people were excited to use something fun and competitive with HotE fixes. Rebels provide the opportunity for a lot of thematic unique figures and strategy with (in my opinion) a wider range of inconsistency. In short, rebels are what the majority of people like to play, but once it hits the fan we will all come crawling back to the dark side. Your loyalty to a life of shadiness seems, however, unquestionable.