Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beefcake4000

Purchasing advice?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tirion said:

Also I don't know what wargammers you're referring to that need multiple movement tools.... Armada yes cause there are different distances but most games use tape measures and people aren't running around with multiple take measures. 

I play a lot of tanletop games, some use movement tools, most use tape measures. And there are almost always two of those one the table, one for each player. 

Btw. Same with dice. Everyone uses their own, unless it‘s a board game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nurgle23 said:

I play a lot of tanletop games, some use movement tools, most use tape measures. And there are almost always two of those one the table, one for each player. 

Btw. Same with dice. Everyone uses their own, unless it‘s a board game. 

True there I think we are saying the same thing. My point was just like the dice 9 times out of 10 the property player is bringing their own movent tool as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tirion said:

True there I think we are saying the same thing. My point was just like the dice 9 times out of 10 the property player is bringing their own movent tool as well

Unless your opponent is someone you are introducing into the game who is borrowing your minis and movement tools.

Or as I said earlier, something happens to your movement tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I doubt they will be put before May or June.  But that’s just me.  I don’t think they’re on the boat yet which is a 6 to 8 week process normally.  I would think May is best case scenario for veers/snow troopers.

They’ve been on the boat since the end of January. Latest info from our distributor is preorder cut off is end of March, release end April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mini78 said:

They’ve been on the boat since the end of January. Latest info from our distributor is preorder cut off is end of March, release end April.

Yup 2 expansions a month for first year:

Veers snow troopers April

Leia fleet troopers may

Etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Yup 2 expansions a month for first year:

Veers snow troopers April

Leia fleet troopers may

Etc

When did ffg announce there will be monthly releases?  I don’t remember seeing any article making this claim.  I checked the upcoming page and didn’t even see Veers or snow troopers listed on that page. Perhaps I overlooked it.  

Its hard for me to believe that ffg will be able to release monthly waves for a game.  They rarely hit their release dates as it is.  I’ll bieve it when I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Yup 2 expansions a month for first year:

Veers snow troopers April

Leia fleet troopers may

Etc

I hope this is true but I am not convinced it will be. As long as there’s some good selection out by July I’ll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

When did ffg announce there will be monthly releases?  I don’t remember seeing any article making this claim.  I checked the upcoming page and didn’t even see Veers or snow troopers listed on that page. Perhaps I overlooked it.  

Its hard for me to believe that ffg will be able to release monthly waves for a game.  They rarely hit their release dates as it is.  I’ll bieve it when I see it.

Right there with you on that I'm an Armada player they can't even hit the projected quarter lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

When did ffg announce there will be monthly releases?  I don’t remember seeing any article making this claim.  I checked the upcoming page and didn’t even see Veers or snow troopers listed on that page. Perhaps I overlooked it.  

Its hard for me to believe that ffg will be able to release monthly waves for a game.  They rarely hit their release dates as it is.  I’ll bieve it when I see it.

You overlooked it.

image.png.2195b36d38924fc3f95ad8962198fbeb.png

 

The spanish FFG site has been accurate so far in regards to Legion release dates, the March 22nd date was on that upcoming page before being officially announced. Currently it lists April for Veers and Snowtroopers, May for Leia and Fleet Troopers. I haven't seen official announcements for monthly, but that is the rumour going around the web so a grain or ten of salt is probably not a bad idea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

You overlooked it.

image.png.2195b36d38924fc3f95ad8962198fbeb.png

 

The spanish FFG site has been accurate so far in regards to Legion release dates, the March 22nd date was on that upcoming page before being officially announced. Currently it lists April for Veers and Snowtroopers, May for Leia and Fleet Troopers. I haven't seen official announcements for monthly, but that is the rumour going around the web so a grain or ten of salt is probably not a bad idea.

 

Thanks.  I personally won’t believe it until ours is updated but it’s possible that they Will release in April at least.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Thanks.  I personally won’t believe it until ours is updated but it’s possible that they Will release in April at least.  

Fair enough. That would be why I specified "right so far." ;) I honestly have NO idea why the official Spanish site posts dates when this one does not... Maybe a difference in regulation? Or just management? *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Fair enough. That would be why I specified "right so far." ;) I honestly have NO idea why the official Spanish site posts dates when this one does not... Maybe a difference in regulation? Or just management? *shrug*

It’s weird for sure.  It would be nice if they are released in April though.  I certainly wouldn’t complain.

 It would be a bit unbalanced if veers/snow troopers are out a month before the rebels get their counterparts though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

It’s weird for sure.  It would be nice if they are released in April though.  I certainly wouldn’t complain.

 It would be a bit unbalanced if veers/snow troopers are out a month before the rebels get their counterparts though.  

Which will matter a little for casual games, but if no official events/tourneys are run then it shouldn't matter quite as much? Plus the Spanish site doesn't yet say when in May, so Leia could be a week or two behind which will reduce the impact (EDIT: doubtful it would be quite that quick though). I doubt it will hurt the game nearly as badly as the completely unbalanced stats some companies have given new models in the past, and will be more quickly rectified. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say, only having vader as your general is imbalanced. He is so expensive. The game can't be fully balanced as they haven't released enough products yet. We don't even have the special forces.

I expect dewback riders, jet troopers, probe droids and eweb gunners. Rebels are more problematic unless they do Wookiee warriors, rebel saboteurs and some named characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...