Sign in to follow this  
NerfYoda

Kuat Help

Looking for a barebones Imperial brawler for under 132 total points. Wondering about this:

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat-Refit (112)

• Sensor Team (5)
  • ECM (7)
  • Leading Shots (4)
  • External Racks (3)

It hurts giving up ordnance experts, but having a guaranteed accuracy (even out the sides) is great for popping flotillas/corvettes skirting by. Leading shots gives me SOME form of reroll if necessary. At worst I can run 2 black dice (rerollable) and an accuracy. Opinions?

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat-Refit (112)

• Gunnery Team (7)
  • ECM (7)
  • Leading Shots (4)

I feel that  leading shots gives decent enough odds of getting an accuracy if you re-roll that one blue and some reds, so I'd go with Gunnery Teams as you're going to want to plunge into the enemy and will likely end up with multiple targets in your front arc for a turn or two.

I dropped the external racks to keep it under your point requirement. I actually like using Expanded Launchers on the Kuat. I know they're expensive, but the way I run mine they get stuck-in the brawl plus with Gunnery Teams you get good mileage when you are getting to add those dice to 4+ attacks in a game! Hardened Bulkheads is fun to have in there too.

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat Refit (112)

Assault Concussion Missiles (7)

Electronic Counter Measures (7)

Leading Shots (4)

The ACM's balance out the need to use a blue die for the Leading Shots reroll, inflicting a total of 3 damage for the loss of 1 damage or worst case an accuracy. LS is actually better than OE on the Kuat as it allows rerolls on those pesky reds at the same time.

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat Refit (112)
Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
High Ion Emplacements (9)
Fire Control Team (2)
Skilled First officer (1)

Stuff the defences, Use Screed or Vader as a commander and shred shields like there is no tomorrow. Once the enemy are shieldless the ACMs pile on the hull damage and you can throw in the standard crit too.