That Blasted Samophlange

The New TIE Scout?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/0e/Star_Herald.png/revision/latest?cb=20170907061918

For those who don’t know, this the Star Herald, a prototype imperial scout ship.  The ship showed up in the Kids books Adventures in Wild Space.  

Some things interesting about this ship is it has a tractor beam, and Twin Ion Engines.

Known Imperial Pilots could be: Visler Korda.  Maybe RX-48 - though the former was no longer imperial at the time.   The latter was not imperial at all.   I chose it as imperial as gives them another option.   However, this could be a fully cross faction ship, as it goes into the sequel era.  

Now I will say that if this is the new TIE scout, it looks a whole lot better than the old one.   

This will likely be another large base, but I’m not sure on it’s size. Still even large it could very well be a TIE, and use those mods - an interesting space.  

Add in a crew, maybe two system slots - it is a scout ship after all.

Now, this ship will likely not show up, as it is from a relatively lesser known source.  Plus, do we need another large ship?   Also most of the notable pilots for it are not imperial.  Still, it is a pretty ship, and I am all for more options.

For those who don’t know, this the Star Herald, a prototype imperial scout ship.  The ship showed up in the Kids books Adventures in Wild Space.  

Some things interesting about this ship is it has a tractor beam, and Twin Ion Engines.

Known Imperial Pilots could be: Visler Korda.  Maybe RX-48 - though the former was no longer imperial at the time.   The latter was not imperial at all.   I chose it as imperial as gives them another option.   However, this could be a fully cross faction ship, as it goes into the sequel era.  

Now I will say that if this is the new TIE scout, it looks a whole lot better than the old one.   

This will likely be another large base, but I’m not sure on it’s size. Still even large it could very well be a TIE, and use those mods - an interesting space.  

Add in a crew, maybe two system slots - it is a scout ship after all.

Now, this ship will likely not show up, as it is from a relatively lesser known source.  Plus, do we need another large ship?   Also most of the notable pilots for it are not imperial.  Still, it is a pretty ship, and I am all for more options.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

11 minutes ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

Ew... I know the old Tie Scout is ugly but this ship tops it... Kill it with Fire!!!

100% agree.  That image makes it look like a cigarette sitting on an ashtray with engines trailing second-hand smoke.  ACK!!

6a00d8341c4fe353ef0133edb5de38970b-800wi

Edited by Darth Meanie

23 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

I actually like the original TIE Scout.  I even bought a 3D printed one and painted it up.  This... thing... Is hideous, though.  Disney keeps topping themselves with ugly ship designs.

Ditto, I have fond memories of using it in EaW. This though just looks meh. The only good thing about it is that there is a RX series pilot that could be used as a pilot, always liked that droid. 

????  :huh:  It’s a pretty good looking ship. Way better than the k-wing or quad jumper or jumpmaster. But it doesn’t look anything like a TIE series ship. For all the background fluff about TIE refering to engine type, there is a look and aesthetic required for a TIE ship that is far more important and this ship isn’t even close. 

23 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

That thing looks like a dildo in space!

Too easy dude.

how about ‘does it come with an Enema Cannon?’

7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

100% agree.  That image makes it look like a cigarette sitting on an ashtray with engines trailing second-hand smoke.  ACK!!

6a00d8341c4fe353ef0133edb5de38970b-800wi

Bill!  I missed you buddy!

since when does cutting the nose off of a rocket plane make it a TIE?  Y-wings got twin ion engines too but no one would dare call it a TIE.  Except me, cause I love me some Y-wings and TIEs. And GUNBOAT.

was the Scimitar Bomber not phallic enough?

It's possible, but thank you. I'm not a huge fan of Adamkop's work at all- it all looks the same, honestly look at it. Sleek, long, front end cockpit, flanked by two engines. If it's not that, it's some form of that and it NEVER EVER CHANGES OH MY GOD.

But he's still a skilled artist, who does make... Original, content. As it is his, he should absolutely be made aware of when somebody just steals it like this.

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

But he's still a skilled artist, who does make... Original, content. As it is his, he should absolutely be made aware of when somebody just steals it like this.

He is very skilled. His renditions of the T-Wing, Raven Claw, U-Wing, Toscan Fighter, and YT-2400 are among the best unofficial Star Wars ship art I ever saw. 

PS: I prefer when he don't redesign the ships too much (or nothing at all).

PPS: I'm still waiting for his take on the Assault Gunboat.