Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

R2-D2 vs. BB-8

5 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

That depends.  Does the BB in BB-8 stand for Baseball, Beachball, Basketball or Bowling Ball?

Well you see, it is called BB because JJ thought that if he named if JJ-8 it might be a little too obvious. Little did we know BB-8 has a lens flair tool.

Oh and of course R2!

5 hours ago, Sekac said:

BB-8 is a Mary Sue because it has all the perfect tools for any absurd occasion.

OT R2-D2 was a barely mobile trash can.  But had class. 

Name me one new main character in the sequels who isn’t a Mary Sue at this point.  ?

Ahhhhh Kenny Baker/R2 - D2, ? 

Bringing class to acting while Peter Dinklage/Tyrion Lannister was still in diapers.

I love R2, but I was thinking is R2-D2 technically a Gary Stu? Lucas has said before that Star Wars is a story, one that R2 is telling many, many years down the line to, I think a messenger of the Whills, to record it and that is the reason that R2 saves the day in each film (At least until the ST). That means that we are being told a story where R2 is possibly distorting events to be the secret hero in each of them. Just a random shower thought that popped in my head.

5 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Definitely BB-8.  There's no way Disney lets an old character win over a new ultra-cute character that still has a feature length film and zillions of toys, bags, clothes, and other products to sell.

Yea, it is a real shame that R2 as an actor won't be able to keep acting in these films. I hear that now days he needs to get around on three legs and can't even sit in his chair, it is really embarrassing for his co-star C-3PO.