Sign in to follow this  
SpaceC0wboy

Boosting the 'Dictor

29 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Parts of above are a bit symptomatic of what I meant...

... comparisons to the capabilities and operating ways of other ships...

... where is the focus on what it does that  others don’t?  ?

im convinced through my nose Punch efforts, that it needs nothing but an open outlook.

Sure, knocking 10-15 points off it makes it better.

... knock 10-15 points off ANYTHING and you’ll see more of that thing ?

YV-666 15 points cheaper hmmm

^_^

Edit: Reading fail.

That being said, if the imperials really think experimental retrofits ought to be faction specific, what faction specific upgrade should the Rebels get, then?

Edited by Squark

Yeah, I wonder if they had made the ship itself a little cheaper and charged more for the experimental upgrades, would we maybe see people taking the combat version? I know the reason why anyone takes an Interdictor is for the experimental gadgets, but if ship was more affordable and they cost more, there might be some urge to say, "Well, maybe I just need one, and I can try to do something with the red dice."

Because when we're talking about the Interdictor, or at least whenever anyone is talking about it positively, we really just mean the Suppression Refit. The Combat Refit could definitely use some help.

(I mean, am I wrong?)

I play primarily rebels, but when I play empire I always include a supressor refit. 

Grav well reroute and slowing ships down combined with strategic can be crazy with objectives. 

Wuff walaren + enginering makes it very tanky vs smaller attacks and fighters. 

Maybe it is bad, but IMO I think it's fine since it's the only ship with experimental uppgrades

5 hours ago, Tayloraj100 said:

Yeah, I wonder if they had made the ship itself a little cheaper and charged more for the experimental upgrades, would we maybe see people taking the combat version? I know the reason why anyone takes an Interdictor is for the experimental gadgets, but if ship was more affordable and they cost more, there might be some urge to say, "Well, maybe I just need one, and I can try to do something with the red dice."

Because when we're talking about the Interdictor, or at least whenever anyone is talking about it positively, we really just mean the Suppression Refit. The Combat Refit could definitely use some help.

(I mean, am I wrong?)

Funny enough the Combat refit used to be a go-to for a while when people realized how awful its stats were for its cost. 

I've started flying the Interdictor with Brunson, alongside a lightly kitted ISDK.  The combo has been solid thus far, giving a durable anvil backed by a very nasty hammer. 

Honestly i feel W7 was very kind to the Interdictor. Brunson is a phenomenal officer, and, though it cannot itself take Strat Advisor, the inclusion of an additional cheap activation makes it possible to run with a full ISD and still have a squadron presence. 

Also G7 are a straight nightmare for Raddus/profundity, outright denying a huge swath of the projected engagement area to their ability, paired with solid (hehehe) obstacle placements through GSR you can really control the board.

I feel like HIEs will help greatly as well, but i haven't yet tried them due to points constraints.

IMO the Interdictor feels more like a campaign/story telling ship, not a competitive ship. More often than not, you win by destroying your opponents fleet. For the same cost of an Interdictor with its upgrades, you can get a GT DC Vic II which will push damage consistently. 

The problem with the Interdictor goes back to what I said a few weeks ago. Control builds just aren't competitive, and thus the Interdictor won't be competitive. 

12 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

The problem with the Interdictor goes back to what I said a few weeks ago. Control builds just aren't competitive, and thus the Interdictor won't be competitive. 

I think we will need a new set of objectives to get there. Or at least a massive reworking of some of the current ones. 

25 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

IMO the Interdictor feels more like a campaign/story telling ship, not a competitive ship. More often than not, you win by destroying your opponents fleet. For the same cost of an Interdictor with its upgrades, you can get a GT DC Vic II which will push damage consistently. 

I usually play rebels, but I'm going to try a build with experimental refit with grav reroute and the One that slow down ships and some shuttles. Stations objectives + coms Net for blue. I think it could work.

I do agree that pure dmg is very good in armada. Mc30, demolisher or corvettes with external racks might be better