ianediger

Dreadnought Class Cruiser in the new Rebels Season Finale Trailer

14 minutes ago, ianediger said:

At :54, lower right corner

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v2WXud4dTrRtEQWM2

Nice.  Been waiting for those to come back into canon.  I mean...not sure how it fits, given how much we've already seen of the Clone Wars with nary a sign of them - it's possible they'll retcon it into a bit different a history than the EU version had (as they did with the Quasar Fire).  Cool to see it, though!  (Still wish they'd found a way to get the Victory-class in, anyway)

I'd say that the most interesting thing about this appearing in the final episode is...why spend the time/effort making a new 3d model for a one-off usage?  OTOH, we also know this same team is working on another, as-yet-unspecified Star Wars CGI series.  Sooooo...maybe they are borrowing some art assets they've already done for that series, to add some more background elements for the finale of this one?

5 minutes ago, xanderf said:

I'd say that the most interesting thing about this appearing in the final episode is...why spend the time/effort making a new 3d model for a one-off usage?  OTOH, we also know this same team is working on another, as-yet-unspecified Star Wars CGI series.  Sooooo...maybe they are borrowing some art assets they've already done for that series, to add some more background elements for the finale of this one?

They've done some of that before.  The Brahatok only appeared in the Season 3 finale and the MC80 in the back ground of one shot of Mon Mothma's episode.  Really just building a library of useful ships.

1 minute ago, shmitty said:

They've done some of that before.  The Brahatok only appeared in the Season 3 finale and the MC80 in the back ground of one shot of Mon Mothma's episode.  Really just building a library of useful ships.

The MC80 was a one-off, granted, but I bet we do see that one again in this finale.  In any case, it was a lot earlier in the series, so they may well have intended to use it again and those plans didn't materialize.

The Braha'Tok, on the other hand, actually appeared a few times - it was a model done for the movie Rogue One that the team then used later in Rebels.  So...two uses, there!  (And, again, an early use in Rebels, so may well appear again in the finale and/or have been intended to appear again and didn't)

For something that only just now appears one time in the finale episode, that's different.  It means it's definitely a one-off for this ship in this series - there are no more episodes.

15 minutes ago, Onidsen said:

Ooh - that's an interesting choice. I'd love an older ship like that for Armada, and it opens up a route to the AF Mk1

I'm pretty sure the AF Mk1 appeared in the Force Unleashed II. So I'm pretty sure it's already canon and basically a lock for us to get at some point.

1 minute ago, ImpStarDeuces said:

I'm pretty sure the AF Mk1 appeared in the Force Unleashed II. So I'm pretty sure it's already canon and basically a lock for us to get at some point.

I'm pretty sure that game is legends. The first "new cannon" video game was the now-defunct mobile game.

1 minute ago, ImpStarDeuces said:

Is that game canon? Google says it's 2010, which is well before the Disney acquisition and subsequent canon purge.

7 minutes ago, ImpStarDeuces said:

****. Well at least you can sort of infer that Since AFMKII is a MKII it exists in a world where a Mk I was flying at some point. I know that's a stretch, just trying to keep hope alive. Wasn't there a whole movie about hope?;)

Indeed. And now that there is a canonical dreadnought that Rendili could modify into an AFMKI...

Well, let's just say that keeping hope alive may well be easier now than it was yesterday.

33 minutes ago, ImpStarDeuces said:

****. Well at least you can sort of infer that Since AFMKII is a MKII it exists in a world where a Mk I was flying at some point. I know that's a stretch, just trying to keep hope alive. Wasn't there a whole movie about hope?;)

Trouble is, the MKII isn't canon either. . .