Sign in to follow this  
Asurya

Tournament Rebel Fleet

Since it's not really clarify in the thread topic, this is a list of Rebel factions ships I'm planning on taking to an upcoming Regional - it's not a list that rebels against the notion of tournaments....

Having said all that, it's also going to be my 1st Armada tournament, but I reckon with around 10 games under my belt now I'm ready.

I only have a Rebel collection so I've no easy access to any upgrades etc which come as part of an Imperial expansion, but here's what I've come up with - any thoughts or comments would be welcomed :)

Bringing a Broadside
Author: Me

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault 
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[flagship]MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Admiral Ackbar (38)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Early Warning System (7)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Defiance (5)
= 185 Points

MC30c Scout Frigate (69)
• Enhanced Armament (10)
• Foresight (8)
= 87 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
• Jaina's Light (2)
= 53 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Leia Organa (3)
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• 3 x A-wing Squadron (33)
= 50 Points

Edited by Asurya

Instead of foresight you could have a AFIIB with Gunnery teams. Add EA or ECM if you like. Now it can fire 5-6 red dice at 2 targets.

The expensive MC80A may need engine techs to get it out of trouble. It could drop down to an MC80C or instead just keep the AFIIB armed with GTs only to afford them.

• Put Leia on Jaina's Light. She can hide behind Defiance, and you are more likely to want Defiance to echo the CR-90's command than you are to want it to echo the GR-75 command (which should usually be Squadrons after round 1).
  • Drop the MC-30 altogether, and put in another TRC-90. With the points saved, you can add another Comms Net flotilla, Toryn Farr to the Bright Hope and (most importantly) Engine Techs to the Defiance.
  • I would suggest a different Yellow objective. Possibly Fire Lanes or Planetary Ion Cannons.

Have fun and good luck!

I somehow knew that asking for advice would end up costing me money :) AFII on it's way from Amazon Prime!!!

MC-30 dropped (:(  - why does this ship not seem to get much love?) and added the AFIIB + GT's.

Engine Techs on the MC-80 and Leia's now in command of the TRC90.  Yellow obj is now Fire Lanes.

Thanks for the advice guys. :) 

1 hour ago, Asurya said:

I somehow knew that asking for advice would end up costing me money :) AFII on it's way from Amazon Prime!!!

MC-30 dropped (:(  - why does this ship not seem to get much love?) and added the AFIIB + GT's.

Engine Techs on the MC-80 and Leia's now in command of the TRC90.  Yellow obj is now Fire Lanes.

Oh, some of us lurv it very much. I own 5....lol.

13 hours ago, Asurya said:

Oh, @Ardaedhel flies 4 at a time, lol

On 2/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, stonestokes said:
  • Put Leia on Jaina's Light. She can hide behind Defiance, and you are more likely to want Defiance to echo the CR-90's command than you are to want it to echo the GR-75 command (which should usually be Squadrons after round 1).
  • Drop the MC-30 altogether, and put in another TRC-90. With the points saved, you can add another Comms Net flotilla, Toryn Farr to the Bright Hope and (most importantly) Engine Techs to the Defiance.
  • I would suggest a different Yellow objective. Possibly Fire Lanes or Planetary Ion Cannons.

Have fun and good luck!

I would be nervous taking fire lanes.  If he ran into an objective farming fleet they could pick that and milk it for a bigger win. 

So this was the list I ended up taking in the end:

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault 
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[flagship]MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Admiral Ackbar (38)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Early Warning System (7)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Defiance (5)
= 193 Points

Assault Frigate Mk2 B (72)
• Gunnery Team (7)
= 79 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Leia Organa (3)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
• Jaina's Light (2)
= 56 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 22 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• 3 x A-wing Squadron (33)
= 50 Points

3 round event at the end of it I came 9th out of field of 20 - probably missed out on a top 8 prize with the last roll of a dice in game 3 against (ironically) my best mate who was also at his 1st tournament - he took the last hull point of Defiance with the last squadron he activated in the last turn of the game ( I had wiped out all his ships earlier that turn) so that cost me 193 victory points and probably top 8, if not top 4 (IIRC - the guy in 4th also had 20 tournament points).

Game 1 - Advanced Gunnery vs Double ISD's.  Broadside worked a treat, forced the ISD's to turn towards me and picked them off one round after another. 400/0, 10-1 for me.

On 01/03/2018 at 6:13 PM, themightyhedgehog said:

I would be nervous taking fire lanes.  If he ran into an objective farming fleet they could pick that and milk it for a bigger win. 

Game 2 - Fire Lanes vs Double Ackbar MC80's.  He called it.  Was out manoeuvred and properly schooled on how to play Armada by the guy who went on to win the event and he got all my ships + all 3 objective tokens each round. 625/0, 1-10 loss for me.

Game 3 - Targetting Beacons vs Avenger, Quaser, Sloane and lots of fighters.  Brutal game, came down to last turn.  Defiance pinned in place by Gizanti's for a few turns as ISD came in for the kill, got all his ships in the end, but death by 1000 cuts from the fighters.  Like I said, coughed up 193 VP's with last roll of dice. 400/344, 6-5 win to me.

Awesome day in the end, and thanks to you guys for the help with the list.

Gus