lecudas

Forgotten Realms (Faerûn)

2 minutes ago, Bellyon said:

Well, compared to a bow, you can fire and move or do something else. With a crossbow you must use the move action to reload.

Yeah that's what I'm suggesting. 1 maneuver to "reload" the crossbow, written into the weapon description. 

Now this isn't necessarily "1 maneuver to cock 1 crossbow bolt," but rather just a representation of how much long the crossbow takes to set, aim, and fire.

3 minutes ago, Bellyon said:

A high level bowmaster could fire with a move action. A crossbowmaster could fire and move. I think is good if got my idea.

1 maneuver to make an attack is outside the conceits of the game, I feel. Maybe give him a "Multishot" ranked talent that gives your bows a Linked rating equal to your ranks in the talent, or equal to your ranks in the combat skill. 

2 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

I feel like some armour in a fantasy setting is going to help protect against Crit injuries too, giving ranks in Durable if not increasing the Crit Rating of a weapon.

I like this a lot. A great take on the "Massive" rule. Thicker armor is harder to penetrate, and so rather than just make a soak monster, you give him an edge in shrugging off damage that would compromise lighter-armored characters. 

Edited by awayputurwpn

21 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

1 maneuver to make an attack is outside the conceits of the game, I feel. Maybe give him a "Multishot" ranked talent that gives your bows a Linked rating equal to your ranks in the talent, or equal to your ranks in the combat skill. 

No, there are mechanics/talents inside the system that able the chacter to do some regular actions as move action.

31 minutes ago, Bellyon said:

No, there are mechanics/talents inside the system that able the chacter to do some regular actions as move action.

Sure, for specific "Supreme" tier talents. But not for combat checks.

I don't think a homebrew setting should make that leap.

And anyway, Linked and Autofire already do this but a lot more simply. And the main rule in homebrewing IMO should always be, KISS—Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Edited by awayputurwpn

I want to continue with this project, but had to refamiliarize myself with D&D first. 5e stuff will be way easier to adapt for Genesys than 3.5 or 4.

So I will continue to work away and post any updates to what I do. May also bower some stuff from Terrinoth if appropriate...

14 hours ago, lecudas said:

I want to continue with this project, but had to refamiliarize myself with D&D first. 5e stuff will be way easier to adapt for Genesys than 3.5 or 4.

So I will continue to work away and post any updates to what I do. May also bower some stuff from Terrinoth if appropriate...

Terrinoth cerainly will help a lot with this, but in my opinion the system (3.5, 4.0 or 5.0) shouldn't be that important.

Think about the scenario. And here is the problem, cause FR from 3.5 is very different than the 4.0 version.

This isn't that hard at all.

Pick 100 or 150 creatures to be the adversaries.

Species: Human, Gnomes, Elves, Half-Orcs, Half-Elfs, Dwarfs, Halflings, Genasis, Tiefling, Aasimar. The dark versions: Drow, Svirfneblin, Duergar. It's up to you adapt Dragonborns for who want to play in the FR 4.0.

It's up to you create the classes or keep it free as free talents.

Spells? Genesys already has something, and it's better to keep ir like in Genesys.

Equipments: easy to create.

Magic itens? More complex.

Edited by Bellyon