MysteriousRacerX

X Wing Vassal League - Season 6 Announcment

Hello Pilots, it’s been too long! With great enthusiasm, we are ready to start Season 6 of the X Wing Vassal League!

Head on over to xwvassal.info to see our latest newsletter. Sign ups for Season 6 will begin on March 2nd. We had over 380 players register last season, let’s make this season even bigger!

12 minutes ago, Storgar said:

For a new comer how many games would you be expected to play and how often?

http://xwvassal.info has all of that informaton compiled. You are in a division with 8 (9? I forgot) other players and the league runtime puts you at 1 game/2 weeks, very achievable, especially if you try and get in as many games early on as possible. Join in, it is tremendous fun and the Slack is a great community!

I’m super stoked for this!

I’ll be slogging it out again in the unknown regions but that’s where all the cool kids are these days!

Idea: 

division champs: whoever has highest MOV in their division gets some kind of prize (like bragging rights or a similar valueless honorific) 

Edited by BlodVargarna

4 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

I’ll be slogging it out again in the unknown regions but that’s where all the cool kids are these days!

Idea: 

division champs: whoever has highest MOV in their division gets some kind of prize (like bragging rights or a similar valueless honorific) 

Thrawn is from the unknown regions, after all.

I'd be in favour of playoffs between the winners in each pod of each division, with the winners of the playoff moving upward an additional division.

10 hours ago, Quadjumper King said:

I'm thinking of joining, I assume us newcomers begin in the outer reaches (or whatever the lowest rank is)? 

Yup, new players will start in the Unknown Reaches (tier 5). But don't discount the competition at that level, there are tons of really good players lurking down their. 

27 minutes ago, MysteriousRacerX said:

Yup, new players will start in the Unknown Reaches (tier 5). But don't discount the competition at that level, there are tons of really good players lurking down their. 

When I started in unknown reaches a few seasons ago, I was in there with a Regional winner.  In fact, my record has improved as I've moved up in the league structure, although that is probably as much luck as anything else.  The point is that a lot of good players start in unknown reaches every year.