Darth Annatar

Chimaera Conversion in action (1:7000 fleets)

10 hours ago, Darth Drago said:

I'm semi-new here.  I mostly hang out on the X-Wing P&M forum but come over here sometimes.

What color do you guys use to paint your ISD/Star Destroyers?

Games Workshop Calistra Grey is a reasonable match to the colour FFG uses. Good to repaint the model after applying the ISD-I conversion kit.

But when I do mine I intend to repaint it not white but a very light grey to better match the movies.

10 hours ago, Darth Drago said:

I'm semi-new here.  I mostly hang out on the X-Wing P&M forum but come over here sometimes.

What color do you guys use to paint your ISD/Star Destroyers?

I am using a light grey (Vallejo Sea Grey) for the Base and Highlight it up to pure White. With the pure white only for the edges and extreme Highlights. I leave the vertical areas in the original color and darken them with a wash. This makes a better contrast for the yellow window lights.

44 minutes ago, AegisGrimm said:

Sometimes I wonder if 1:2256 TIE fighters would fit in the launch bays of the Assault Carrier, just to prove I'm insane?

Yes they do and i have glued TIE on my Gozantis :-)

17 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

You could paint the little thing like the Tantaive IV and have that as your deployment ship from Profundity.

They fit perfectly in the hangar and my plan is to attach one inside :-)

Since Darth Annatar has not logged in for months from what I can see, I guess my PM will remain unanswered. Maybe someone here can answer my noob questions as well, so, politely asking:

You can get the little ships, Neb etc., from Mel and others.

Do they fit the ISD automatically, is the ISD the reference, or do I also have to get an 1:7000 ISD?

If the FFG ISD is the reference, I didnt find a lib class MC80, do you know if that is because it is about right...versus the H1 variant and MC75, for which Mel has models?

Would really like to have a few of my fav ships and lists „in scale“.

8 hours ago, NebulonB said:

Since Darth Annatar has not logged in for months from what I can see, I guess my PM will remain unanswered. Maybe someone here can answer my noob questions as well, so, politely asking:

Do they fit the ISD automatically, is the ISD the reference, or do I also have to get an 1:7000 ISD?

If the FFG ISD is the reference, I didnt find a lib class MC80, do you know if that is because it is about right...versus the H1 variant and MC75, for which Mel has models?

The FFG ISD is a case of "close enough." It is roughly an inch short and is closer to 1/8000. The only current alternative is a the Disney die cast ISD that is almost exactly 1/7000. However, it being metal, I'm not sure how to mount the socket to get it on a stand. The MC80, Liberty, MC-75 (its a little small, but Tsalt's Corellian Corvette fits the hanger as it does the ISD) and Victory SD, MC-30, Interdictor and Imperial carrier are all very close to scale. So those of us interested in a constant scale have to settle a little there. 

I have a pretty complete 1/7000 fleet. I am even building 1/7000 SSDs (not Executor class). I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have if you PM me.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, NebulonB said:

If the FFG ISD is the reference, I didnt find a lib class MC80, do you know if that is because it is about right...versus the H1 variant and MC75, for which Mel has models?

If have made a great scale sheet for Star Wars and Star Trek where you can see the scales from the ships form the various producers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V_EibMDVWhths5VV3_5GZvSi5JkGv3YX0VFFD2n_mhc/edit?usp=sharing