Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quack Shot

Focus for everyone!

Recommended Posts

Gozanti-class Cruiser (40)
Operations Specialist (3)
General Hux (5)
Dual Laser Turret (5)
IG-RM Thug Droids (1)
Backup Shield Generator (3)
Docking Clamps (0)
Automated Protocols (5)
Vector (2)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Comm Relay (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Comm Relay (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Comm Relay (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Comm Relay (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

"Zeta Ace" (18)
Crack Shot (1)
Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)

Total: 300

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

 

How does it look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...remind me how the Special Forces TIE fighters get their evade tokens. If I remember right, last iteration you had Lt. Dormitz to set up first, and they each got an evade token at setup. I don't see anything to give them evade tokens in your current iteration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

...remind me how the Special Forces TIE fighters get their evade tokens. If I remember right, last iteration you had Lt. Dormitz to set up first, and they each got an evade token at setup. I don't see anything to give them evade tokens in your current iteration.

HWCS on Zeta Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2018 at 11:10 PM, Tbetts94 said:

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Comm Relay (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

OK so I’m a fan of Accuracy Corrector on the generic SFs but not having Lightweight Frame makes them a bit squishy for my tastes.  I love the pairing of Juke/Comm Relay with these ships my only reservation would be against 0 agility huge ships you’ve spent a lot of points (20!) and it may go waste but still it sounds ace and of course will play havoc with lots of other ships stripping their focus tokens or pushing damage through.  I assume the Tracers are for the Gozanti.  One thing to note is that Advanced Optics ships can only have one focus token at a time (it’s just so much fun to have multiple focus tokens on a ship) so this might not pair well with Op Spec.

With all that in mind I’d be tempted to change the Omega Sq to Snap Shot and remove Advanced Optics.  Snap Shot will trigger Op Spec a lot.  On the Omega Specialists I’d be tempted to remove Chips and go for Lightweight Frame and maybe ditch the Tracers.  I can’t think why you took Zeta Ace in particular and it seems sad not to equip him with Intensity but you will be stretched on points now and so you might consider downgrading to an Omega Sq anyway.

Well that’s my opinionated response finished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sasajak said:

OK so I’m a fan of Accuracy Corrector on the generic SFs but not having Lightweight Frame makes them a bit squishy for my tastes.  I love the pairing of Juke/Comm Relay with these ships my only reservation would be against 0 agility huge ships you’ve spent a lot of points (20!) and it may go waste but still it sounds ace and of course will play havoc with lots of other ships stripping their focus tokens or pushing damage through.  I assume the Tracers are for the Gozanti.  One thing to note is that Advanced Optics ships can only have one focus token at a time (it’s just so much fun to have multiple focus tokens on a ship) so this might not pair well with Op Spec.

The reason for Lightweight Frame not being on there was to spend points elsewhere for extra bodies. The Juke/Comm Relay has proven in the past with these guys so it’s a must for me. So good, especially because most people don’t bring epic ships and I have Crack Shot in the FO’s for the reinforce. 

Hux is there to resupply the Focus for the FO’s and to give them to the SF’s. It makes sure that everyone has one. Actions are so critical in Epic. Same with Op Spec being there. Just insures everyone is supplied with 1.

2 hours ago, Sasajak said:

 

With all that in mind I’d be tempted to change the Omega Sq to Snap Shot and remove Advanced Optics.  Snap Shot will trigger Op Spec a lot.  On the Omega Specialists I’d be tempted to remove Chips and go for Lightweight Frame and maybe ditch the Tracers.  I can’t think why you took Zeta Ace in particular and it seems sad not to equip him with Intensity but you will be stretched on points now and so you might consider downgrading to an Omega Sq anyway.

Well that’s my opinionated response finished!

Tracers are there because I had 3 points to spare and I can fire one at a huge ship and every single one of mine has Focus/TL to take a huge ship down in a turn or two.

 

Zeta Ace is simply to have a PS5 HWCS ship to match the SF’s in pilot skill that also has an EPT for crack shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sasajak I can fit LWF back in by taking off the Tracers, Op Spec and Thug Droids

 

Gozanti-class Cruiser (40)
Courier Droid (0)
General Hux (5)
Dual Laser Turret (5)
Backup Shield Generator (3)
Docking Clamps (0)
Automated Protocols (5)
Vector (2)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Comm Relay (3)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Comm Relay (3)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Comm Relay (3)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Specialist (25)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Comm Relay (3)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (2)

"Zeta Ace" (18)
Crack Shot (1)
Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)

Total: 300

View in Yet Another Squad Builder[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...