Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Cool Stuff from The Last Jedi Novelization

Part  I

Great novel so far. 

The novel starts with a dream sequence of an alternate timeline Luke. 

A Luke that dragged the droids out of the farm to give them to The Empire and lives in happy/boredom with Camie.  

Camie was in a deleted scene in A New Hope, she calls Luke ‘Wormie.’

[In real life she is played by Koo Stark, who became famous for dating Prince Andrew and nearly married into the Royal Family but for the press intrusion into her life.]

After the Galactic Civil War (Original Trilogy)  some new states formed. The First Order absorbed much of the 'hermetic kingdoms in the Unknown Regions.’

The systems from the New Republic are protecting themselves are not unified against the First Order.

General Hux would rather get rid of the older Imperial Officer core remnants, they had their use in the past, but the First Order has grown past them.  [  I hate this.] ??

TIEs are at the ready but are held back so Hux can show off his big gun.

Han made a Leia figure out of wood the night before the Battle of Endor.  It is burned or used during a brief memorial for Han during the evacuation. 

Hux has ambitions of one day taking the mantle of supreme leader and covets the command the Supremacy

Hux ponders about the possibility of a dozen Star Killer Bases after his victory. 

Hux has heard of Poe. Poe is known for destroying Star Killer Base.

Supreme Leader Snoke needs Hux for tech side of things. 

Admiral Ackbar uses a 'holotank' (strategic battle holograms) instead of a viewport, because he is OLD and has trouble seeing and processing things.  [Aww]

Finn's bactasuit is outdated compared to the First Order suits, which is funny since people were saying how we see new inventions this far in the timeline with specific mention of the suit. 

While Rey is with Luke, Chewie is fixing ill-advised modifications by Unkar Plutt on the Falcon

R2 - D2 gave up after one step. 

Kylo used The Force to protect himself from Chewie's bowcaster otherwise lethal bolt. 

Rey is not worried about Luke: 

Rey is good at two things.  Salvaging broken things and waiting. 

After The Force Awakens  C-3PO has to reactivate his droid spy network. 

Conscious, Princess Leia reaches out to the fleet and tries to reach Luke.  She also feels people on worlds they pass by in hyperspace.  She feels Poe's pride from the earlier fight. 

Out of guilt,  Luke abandoned Leia when Kylo turned. Leia was not happy about it.  She lost a son and a brother.

Toddler Kylo often played with the dice or showed it around in adoration of his father.  Kylo would break stuff around the house with The Force while growing up.   Leia and Han would worry behind closed doors, which Kylo did not like. 

Kylo hesitates and does not fire on Leia, because he feels she is not angry at him.  

Rey's beacon is the light and symbol that pushes Leia to survive in space. The 'light in the darkness' theme comes from Breha Organa. 

Kylo would have frozen the missile coming at Leia if he was not surprised in the moment!!!

Leia finds her way back to the ship via The Force signature of dying micro-organisms blown into space.  ?

Rey asks how old the Temple is. Luke tells her to go away.  While trailing after Luke,  Rey asks whether this is the trope where the masters ignores the pupil while actually trying to teach lessons (they have not had their 'special about you' discussion, so Luke does not know she wants to be trained eventually, but then again, Luke is a 'Jedi Master')

Rey asks if Luke used The Force to fish. He says no.  (This hurts the later segment where he is revealed to have been protecting himself from The Force's grasp.  Although we already read Leia could not reach him, while she could always do it halfway across the Galaxy.  The Force can only reach Luke when he dreams. )

Uneti tree mention. 

Ancient Jedi texts, two are named 

The Aionimica** and The Rammahgon. 

Luke asks if Rey is from a Jedi lineage or royalty.   The 'special' discussion. Concludes she is an orphan.  

Hates the thought of numerous Chosen One orphans visiting him.  ??

Luke clearly wants to burn the library and die.  ?

Rose devised cloaking technology for starfighter engines (not yet applied on bombers, but that's what she's up to after Paige's death).  She had to trade in her beloved starfighter pilot suit for ground personnel uniform.  She got the old Rebel ring from the now superfluous veteran bomber squad commander. Rose can't imagine life alone.

More to come later. 

- - 

** Aion (male deity)

Aion (Greek: Αἰών)  is a Hellenistic deity associated with time, the orb or circle encompassing the universe, and the zodiac.  The "time" represented by Aion is unbounded, in contrast to Chronos as empirical time divided into past, present, and future.  He is thus a god of eternity, associated with mystery religions concerned with the afterlife, such as the mysteries of Cybele, Dionysus, Orpheus, and Mithras. In Latin the concept of the deity may appear as Aevum or Saeculum.

Luke and R2 have had decades filled with missions = more novels and comics to follow.  ?

Maz Kanata comes to life in the novels.

Maz has been wounded 67 times!! 

Twenty of the almost lethal.  ?

Maz's "Oh, yes he can [do everything]" is not implicated to be sexually in the book.   Maz just did many heists with him. 

Dude..  I know you are excited and such, but how does ANY of this relate to the x-wing miniatures game?   Can you at least make an attempt to tie it to the forum?    

I swear, it’s like they didn't have off topic forums in the old EU canon..

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

2 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Dude..  I know you are excited and such, but how does ANY of this relate to the x-wing miniatures game?   Can you at least make an attempt to tie it to the forum?    

There's a hidden meaning in his posts somewhere...

He's sending us info in code.

A code we must crack to earn the x-wing buff.

(/s)

Edited by Indy_com

18 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

You have such an issue, report it and say it’s off topic.

Everything shared about Hux makes him that much more lame of a character. Man is he lame.

14 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

9 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

latest?cb=20170713123054

Camie 

Camie, crew 1 pt

imperial only

add one bomb upgrade to your upgrade bar.

when a friendly bomb detonates change one blank to a hit result if that  bomb Rolls attack dice.

cause she’s da bomb!  Wormie agrees!

Part II

Luke tells the Caretakers Rey is his niece.

The Force bond allows Rey to explore Kylo's set of Force skills.  (That was clear in the film.)

Later it is revealed, while Rey has learned Kylo's skills and powers,  Kylo finds he can access Rey's memories.

Finn gives Poe the beacon, not easy for Finn. They hope Rey will find them in a good situation. 

Fathiers are her sister Paige's favorite animal.  ? (gag)

Luke only took Padawans at the time he took Ben as apprentice.  He thought he was ready then.

Luke wonders if he should be afraid of the pupil that wants to destroy him or the pupil that wants to BE him.

At the end of the Caretaker deleted scene at the village Luke and Rey dance. She leaves angry though, because Luke tells her the Galaxy needs her and not him.

Princess Leia may suffer/have suffered from ebullism, hypoxia and solar radiation exposure.

Kylo built his first Jedi saber. 

Luke explores The Cosmic Force after having reconnected with The Living Force.  Rey is a clear instrument of the will of The Cosmic Force. Luke also finds Leia again in The Force. 

The will of The Cosmic Force was asleep after the end of the Sith and awoke during Luke's exile.   The Living Force is the energy of life.  The Cosmic Force is the will of the Universe.  

Before the Kylo/Rey  hand touching scene.   

Luke: ’Rey, you were right.   I'm coming with you.’   ??? ****

Poe was banned from inter-fleet transport duties shortly before the mutiny.   He was also banned from the bridge. 

Rose engine cloaking tech is crucial for the final evacuation, until of course,  DJ's betrayal.

Luke has donned the robes and lit the torch before several times and failed each time to complete destroying the Jedi Texts.   Rey arrived after just such an attempt.

Rey says she saw the shape of Kylo's future when they touched hands before, and it was clear.  He would not bow before Snoke and would turn.

Just before the elevator door opens to Snoke’s audience chamber,  Rey realizes Kylo's churning emotions are not only about himself,  but also about her.

Rey is fixated on Snoke's eyes, like the hole on Ahch-To they look like the promise secrets and power.

Snoke muses about visions of the future in general and their interpretation.  Be careful or die.  He learned this when he was young and the Galaxy was different.  At an old age he knows how much is left out of visions.

Snoke has left legions of uncounted dead adversaries that underestimated him.

Snoke was an unexpected leader.  The Imperials did not foresee that he would lead them.  Not Rax, not Sloane, the political fanatic Ormes Apolin or Brendol Hux.  As potential leaders they were all co-opted, sidelined or destroyed.  Only Armitage Hux was left, who is but a tool for Snoke. 

The rise of the First Order was mostly improvisation, not a grand plan.

The Emperor's Contingency plan was engineered to destroy and bring forth a rebirth, stronger than before.

For decades there were shipyards, laboratories and storehouses in the Unknown Regions.

Snoke's knowledge of The Unknown Regions saved the First Order from demise (potential threats).

Sidious knew of Snoke.  Snoke learned of truths about The Force in the Unknown Regions that lay there waiting to be rediscovered.

Snoke appreciated that Luke went on a quest for truth before recreating a failing order such as the Jedi Order.

Anakin and Luke were instruments of the Cosmic Force.

Luke connected (as people) with Snoke to gain knowledge.

Snoke does not need Rey in this time of victory anymore, but she would be a good apprentice/tool in the past.

Leia and Holdo's youth is addressed. Holdo outranks Leia.

Snoke does not believe in Kylo anymore, he is a mix of light and dark, but unstable, will rethink his future after victory.

Holdo gets the hyperspace idea because the alert meant to remind the crew of Poe hyperspace coordinates that he entered after the mutiny. Now later in the chase the entry point is behind the FO fleet.

Snoke noticed Kylo's surpise about the Force bond reveal, but then senses a calm and balanced Kylo. Kylo's biggest flaw has been restored. Snoke thinks Kylo can only be great if he uses his power to steer his own destiny.

14 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Details regarding Luke, Rey, Hux, Kylo, Poe, all tie to the game right?  How about Rose’s cloaking?  Ackbar’s tools?

At the very least, the post gives you something to complain about on a slow X-Wing news day.  And what’s more X-Wing forum than that.  ?

Kidding aside and with nothing but genuine respect  @The Blasted Samophlange,  plesse enjoy the read.   That’s why I share.  We are all Star Wars fans here.  Half of it helps understanding the movie.   If the post gets moved I’m fine with it.   

14 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Everything shared about Hux makes him that much more lame of a character. Man is he lame.

I loved Hux in The Force Awakens,  he had the makings of a young Grand Moff Tarkin.  He was well on his way to becoming my favorite key player of oppostion to the Rebellion reborn. 

But d@mn, I hated what they did to Hux in The Last Jedi

The novel actually helps round him out marginally but does not save him from the farce he became.

Just now, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The Falcon has THREE computer brains, with different, and at times conflicting personality.  

??

That's from Legends. Jason Fry was a major contributor to Legends sourcebooks late in the era - makes sense that he would recanonize as much as he could get away with.

Just now, Ironlord said:

That's from Legends. Jason Fry was a major contributor to Legends sourcebooks late in the era - makes sense that he would recanonize as much as he could get away with.

I remember that too,  that bit was Canon for awhile, and was mentioned as early as the Han Solo source book material and   The Empire Strikes Back, by recton. 

There is an off-topic section for this, but what the heck, 60-80% of the main page is click bait because people want more views of inane things.

Everything I learn about Disney's Star Wars universe makes me dislike it more. The How It Should Have Ended video was more entertaining than the entire movie, and had a deeper plot, which really says something. Finn and Rose accomplish nothing, ever. Poe, Rey and Kylo survive through sheer plot armour. Ackbar dies because... Reasons. Leia inexplicably survives an explosion, again because of plot armour.

Luke becomes a force ghost... apparently... because, uh... he lost the will to live? No... His midichlorians were getting... Hmm......

The new movies are blatant copies of the old ones, with just enough useless extra garbage thrown on top to give the impression it's something else.

Edited by Astech

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The Falcon has THREE computer brains, with different, and at times conflicting personality.  

??

Yeah, that’s from over thirty years ago, I think appearing in the ESB radio drama, or maybe the novelization, I’ll have to check that out again

4 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Ackbar’s tools?

Dude uses holo-projections instead of actual viewports (windows).  Still sits three feet from a window which can be easily destroyed by a single TIE Fighter, even while the mega-battle cruiser is at full shields ... apparently.   Makes as much sense as everything else from that hovertrain-wreck of a film.

14 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Dude uses holo-projections instead of actual viewports (windows).  Still sits three feet from a window which can be easily destroyed by a single TIE Fighter, even while the mega-battle cruiser is at full shields ... apparently.   Makes as much sense as everything else from that hovertrain-wreck of a film.

Ackbar did fall for one of the most obvious traps in galactic history, to invoke his meme.  Maybe someone told him he WAS in a more secure location, he just couldn’t see that he wasn’t.  Or he just got old and senile.

And was the Raddus fairly outdated by the time of TLJ?  I don’t know if starfighter scale munitions should be able to punch through capital bridge shields like that even with a couple decades tech advantage.  I guess it would be like a Lone TIE Defender punching through the main bridge of a pre-CW dreadnaught-class cruiser....oh... yeah that TIE Fighter game had stuff like that happening all the time.  Never mind.

1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

I don’t know if starfighter scale munitions should be able to punch through capital bridge shields like that even with a couple decades tech advantage.  I guess it would be like a Lone TIE Defender punching through the main bridge of a pre-CW dreadnaught-class cruiser....oh... yeah that TIE Fighter game had stuff like that happening all the time.  Never mind.

Shield Frequency Descrambler 4pt. Modification. Discard this when attacking with torpedoes or missiles to ignore shield tokens. Cancel any results that are not critical hits.

Or...If this attack hits remove one crew card.

Edited by IronOx

6 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Ackbar did fall for one of the most obvious traps in galactic history, to invoke his meme.  Maybe someone told him he WAS in a more secure location, he just couldn’t see that he wasn’t.  Or he just got old and senile.

And was the Raddus fairly outdated by the time of TLJ?  I don’t know if starfighter scale munitions should be able to punch through capital bridge shields like that even with a couple decades tech advantage.  I guess it would be like a Lone TIE Defender punching through the main bridge of a pre-CW dreadnaught-class cruiser....oh... yeah that TIE Fighter game had stuff like that happening all the time.  Never mind.

Obvious trap? You've got to recognise two things. First, the Rebellion had to come, even if they knew it was a trap, because a fully mobile and shielded Death Star is an enormous military, economic and political advantage. Second, the entire Rebellion was operating on the information of a vast spy network, which was understandably duped by the significantly larger plethora of Imperial networks.

If he was old and senile, he would not be in command. They had an (incompetent) vice admiral that wanted the position anyway.

It's more like a TIE defender shooting at a Venator Class star destroyer - there's only a 1-generation gap in technology, maximum.

Also, try to appreciate how pathetic a cinematic choice it was to use the Raddus. It was no doubt brought up to current technological standards, since it was space-junk after Vader was finished with it, so the fighter attack was truly bizarre. Nevertheless, the Resistance is apparently so poverty stricken that they can only afford a single true capital ship with a full tank of fuel, yet rich enough that they can afford the development of stealth tech, top-of-the-line fighters, a single-role bomber wing and so on. It's ridiculous.

Part III  Conclusion

Princess Leia hopes for a miracle -  Luke bringing a flotilla of Jedi Cruisers (!) or Inferno Squad arriving with Starhawk class Battleships

Hux recognizes Rose's medallion and trashes her homeworld.  Rose takes a bite out of Hux's finger.  (Thankfully we don’t see this on film)  ?

Rey feels a magnetic field or something from the Praetorian Guard armor,  indicating the guards themselves feel pain due to wearing the armor.

Rey's eyes are filled with joy after the carnage.

Kylo in response to being called Ben: ' That's my old name.’

The Raddus turns around (to micro jump),  Hux keeps the firing focus on the fleeing transports.  They realize too late that the Resistance Cruiser  isn't jumping away but towards them.  

Rey does use Snoke's shuttle and has to wait in space while the First Order invades Crait.  She gets a little annoyed when Chewie does not reach her as quick as she wanted (to help her friends), and Chewie is annoyed by Rey's irritation.  ?

Later on the ground,  Hux  has to make sure the First Order keeps defensive fire  on the Resistance speeders since Kylo ordered the TIEs escorting the ground forces to attack the Falcon.  Kylo’s strategies makes even Hux amateur hour tactics look good.   ?

Kylo brought Hux for the ground assault so Hux could not  betray him.

Kylo thinks that Rey leaving him  alive will lead to her demise.

Rey's error was that she thought Kylo's turn would be simple.  He only rebelled against Snoke, but the future holds a range of possibilities.

Princess Leia recalls her prior visit to Crait. The blast door was installed to protect against crystal storms.  It was a possible base after Yavin, but there were complications.

Leia knows Luke is not there for real when they touch.

Luke also sees pain and fear in Kylo besides anger.

Rey has no compassion for Kylo anymore and severed the connection between them.

Hux only knows the fabricated and false story about the Jedi and the attempted coup from Revenge of the Sith.  The First Order’s child soldiers are the legacy of the Jedi and clone training regimes.

Jason Fry delves into the mind of C-3PO.  This is great.

Power feeds to the Falcon dish have been misaligned for at least three decades.

The Falcon has three computer brains with different personalities.

Luke thinks he hears the words 'Let go Luke' just before he vanishes on Ahch-To.   ?   (My mind hears Ben say this.)   ?

Leia tells Chewie about seeing Luke and they hug and talk quite a bit.  The Falcon scene is half altered to shift focus to other  characters.

Leia cries for Luke, Han, and Ben into Chewie when they embrace at the end.

"It's just us now."  ?

Epilogue

Caretakers segment.  

Autumn changes to winter and the caretakers reminisce about earlier outsiders, kind and mad ones and long times without visits, but people keep coming.  Rey will be recalled as Luke's destructive and rude niece (as told to them by Luke).  ?

Luke spoke to them in their own language and was always respectful.  The caretakers store Luke's weapon (his saber or staff?) and star compass. 

Some of the things Luke brought back actually came from Ahch-To originally.

Please buy the book and enjoy it.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun