Yodas Mum

How to (easily) save the game

Extremely in favor! 

From there, you can make targeted fixes and buffs to get other things near parity. (Like the Sheathipede, which is awful OP garbage) 

4 upgrades only, titles that only discount costs or add/remove slots do not count toward this restriction. (Awing test pilot doesn't count, Starviper mk3 does) 

Edited by Blail Blerg

Just now, Pooleman said:

FFG should nerf the nerf hammer. 

or just use the other tools to include introducing counters, QoL changes, and buffs. But the nerf does seem to be the simplest fix to anything OP. Is this one ship/list dominating too much? Just knock it down a peg that always works, except when it doesn't (Punishing One).

13 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

or just use the other tools to include introducing counters, QoL changes, and buffs. But the nerf does seem to be the simplest fix to anything OP. Is this one ship/list dominating too much? Just knock it down a peg that always works, except when it doesn't (Punishing One).

I just disagree with all of the “it’s over powered” claims. I personally feel that people accuse a list of being overpowered because they lost to it the night before and the best cure for a scorching case of “butt-hurt” is to start a new “Nerf X, Y, Z” thread. 

15 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I just disagree with all of the “it’s over powered” claims. I personally feel that people accuse a list of being overpowered because they lost to it the night before and the best cure for a scorching case of “butt-hurt” is to start a new “Nerf X, Y, Z” thread. 

Agreed. There have certainly been things that needed nerfed before (the basic platform of the jumpmaster for instance) but overall few things have ever been so OP that they needed serious nerfing.

10 minutes ago, Sephlar said:

Agreed. There have certainly been things that needed nerfed before (the basic platform of the jumpmaster for instance) but overall few things have ever been so OP that they needed serious nerfing.

Right after the JM5K guy needed it win some big tournaments down in Australia. It didn’t matter. Biggs nerf was not needed. These nerds are largely unnecessary. 

30 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

That, but they also tend to point to site like Metawing and the tournament reports to validate their claim. Personally for me the game started to go downhill when FFG decided to use on card errata for sake of altering the meta game balance. I don't mind small erratas such as the limited on tactician after the YV-666 was released to keep it in order, but that slippery slope has been hit with the Jumpmaster now a noob trap and completely invalidating the production plan of every upgrade card compatible with the model.

Yeah the Jumpmaster proved to be more than what everyone thought it would be but the way it has been handled by FFG has seriously did more damage than just letting it be and put in better things since we already have the power creep. Personally I think a Bounty Hunter Pack for the Imperials bringing the Jumpmaster, Mist Hunter, YV-666 and Aggressor (IG-2000) to the Imperial Faction would have been the best thing to bring up the Imperials to the power level of Scum, but that is not going to be the case.

23 minutes ago, Sephlar said:

Also agreed. there has only really been like 2-3 things that truly needed a nerf. Ghost/Fenn is NOT one of them.

19 hours ago, Yodas Mum said:

it wasnt my intention but i really start to enjoy the deep and profound discussion culture this thread develops.

My Top 5 arguments so far:

5. That’s not a very good idea..

4. Terrible idea. Just awful.

3. forum fail

2. what a ******* stupid idea

but the still unconquested Number 1 is.........

"Good luck in other games out there!!!!!...... your crying won't be missed....watch the door!!!"

What makes this argument the winner and much superior over its competitors is that it forces the recipient to remember that their are allways 3 possible solutions to every problem in life:

change, leave, accept.

By completely opposing the solution of change and strongly suggesting the option leave, actually this is a subtle recommendation for acceptance. 

I hope that one day you Will develop something with a group of ppl and notice that a extremely annoying and small croud demands that you, as a developer, change your product and interfere with your development plans. 

Clarifying rules, that is ok.

But destroying a product inwhat you have nothing to do with... You are a user and not the creator.... Is just Plain ignorant and disrespectfull.

Create your own game. Promote it and leave ffg to do what they feel fit at.

If there is an update needed.... It Will Be done as per FAQ... Which is the best way off evolving.

As noted in some other treads.. the game is in Super shape.

It is just a couple off ppl that Cant stand a Nice setup.

Edited by D34d guru