Jadotch

What X-Wing pilot do you want to fly again?

What is old is new again!

Even with as little as we know, what X-Wing T-65 pilots do you hope to see on the board again?

My main 3 are:

Tarn Mison. He is a cheap decent pilot, with M9-G8 and a couple points reduced (PLEASE!) he will definitely be on my most wanted list. Currently M9 is just slightly to expensive and Jess is a better option currently.

“Hobbies” Klivian. I would pay for FFG to errata a EPT on him. But, I hope the new Servo card gives him more red options (talon roll treat as a red or something), him and the Targeting Astromech are a great combo. He just needs more REDs. (Stay on target would be awesome on him, a guy can dream.)

And Wes ... Nothing else needs to be said, he is stil a fan favorite. 

I have a list now with Garven, Hobbie, and Tarn (plus Cracken) that I really like.

Garven is in my Focus Factory list.

...you might say I'm starvin' for Garven.

Never really flew Wedge much but tried him with Expertise recently and it's been fun. My friend has flown a Porkins stress-eater list against me and it's a fun, if unpredictable mechanic.

If anything this will get me off my **** to repaint more T-65s.

7 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Sorry guy, but when you cost 0 pts and become non-unique please call back

Stupid auto include. R2-D6 could have been interesting if they did it different from the beginning. Unique, costing, but reducing the point cost of the EPT by 1-2 Now you suddenly have a tough choice between stressbot, other good ones and this one.

I'd absolutely love for Corran and Tycho to be pilots, but that's too much to hope for.

I'm realistically looking forward to flying Wedge. As the only pilot to survive both Death Star runs, he's arguably the best pilot of the GCW era (only surpassed by his and Lukes nephew and niece respectively in the old EU). His ability is really brutal,, and I'm hoping the titles give him the free mobility improvements he needs to shine.

I never stopped flying them, and one of my current go-to lists is Wedge/Wes/Tarn.  Last year I took Wedge/Luke/Biggs to my local regional and got 4 wins out of 6.

I'd like to use all the pilots I haven't named above more often as they only find their way into my lists occasionally.  I've probably used Hobbie the least but Garven "Dave" Dreiss is the one I'd most like to get more use out of, just wish he had an EPT slot as mentioned above.

I flew Garven a few weeks ago, with FAA/IA. Man he's got a great ability. Get him any kind of buff and I'll be calling back.

It's been a while since I've flown Tarn and Hobbie but they're both pretty darn close to kicking butt. Would be great to see them truly cross the threshold.

Honestly, the one I still can't figure out is Porkins. The stress mitigation just isn't worth the potential damage IMO. I realize you probably don't fly Porkins to be good, but to be funny. But ideally I'd like to find some kind of decent build for him...

9 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

I'm really tired of leaving this guy in the Hangar all the flipping time

tumblr_n87ukf2Ni51qfk87to2_500.gif

Agreed. It HAS to be Luke.

Even with a fix that’s actually a fix, I’m afraid his ability may not be up to par with the better abilities of Tarn, Bigs, Wes and wedge.

I also would love any reason to fly red squadron pilot. I’ve been waiting a long time for an upgrade that gives mid ps pilots without elites a reason to be flown.