Jadotch

What X-Wing pilot do you want to fly again?

On 2/25/2018 at 7:36 AM, CoffeeMinion said:

Honestly, the one I still can't figure out is Porkins. The stress mitigation just isn't worth the potential damage IMO. I realize you probably don't fly Porkins to be good, but to be funny. But ideally I'd like to find some kind of decent build for him...

Jek Porkins (26) + R5-D8 (3) + Experimental Interface (3) + Push the Limit (3)

Jek gets the potential for 2 actions with no stress at the end of it. Target Lock + Focus all. day. long.

6 hours ago, Kyla said:

Jek gets the potential for 2 actions with no stress at the end of it. Target Lock + Focus all. day. long.

Well, for one turn. 2nd turn, you use one of those actions for his droid to fail to fix the damage from the first turn...and then he explodes! :)

19 hours ago, Wiredin said:

I just want the T65 to get an illicit at the end of the day.

We have the vaksai for that, though

I don't think the X needs illicits, as neat as the upgrade is

Maybe salvaged at most, since it is an under utilized slot 

Mostly, the X just needs more mods so it can joust without being a joke. Course, given how dumb super turrets are now, they'll need a LOT of mods to joust Fenn/ghost or even Rey/low

The added manueverability hinted at by the other side of the mod is just gravy 

Edited by ficklegreendice

21 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

We have the vaksai for that, though

I don't think the X needs illicits, as neat as the upgrade is

Maybe salvaged at most, since it is an under utilized slot 

Mostly, the X just needs more mods so it can joust without being a joke. Course, given how dumb super turrets are now, they'll need a LOT of mods to joust Fenn/ghost or even Rey/low

The added manueverability hinted at by the other side of the mod is just gravy 

I want PS11 Wedge with cloaking device and flight assist. :)

32 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Flight assist yeah, but you don't need cloaking device

Wedge doesn't screw around with tricky tactics

tumblr_mg0g2s0TVr1r93xiko1_500.gif

he's above that sort of thing

sure, in movies and in video games. but out here, in the salt filled halls of X-Wing we need to have special abilities to maximize our effectiveness. 

On 2/24/2018 at 3:35 PM, jimmius said:

All the Red Squadron boys: Garven, Wedge, Biggs, Luke Porkins. 

It's appalling that the X-Wing was a terrible ship from day 1 and it's taken them 6 years to finally get around to putting them on par with a TIE Fighter.

they werent bad to start.  they didnt really get behind the curve till wave 3 or 4, and Biggs OP bs single handedly broke healthy game design for years.

tie swarms were only better once you got 3 or 4 more ships than your opponent, but 1 x-wing can beat 2 ties and ussually does.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:37 AM, Kyla said:

I prefer Jek with Expertise + droid + VT. He still gets the double modified shot, but has to risk  using his ability less. 

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

sure, in movies and in video games. but out here, in the salt filled halls of X-Wing we need to have special abilities to maximize our effectiveness. 

not necessarily, if we release something crazy like ye old x7s or errata the dumber things remaining in the game then all you'll need is enough mods to matter when you land your arc on an enemy

besides, it's not like we still won't have Fenn Rau in every dang squad filling the "special abilities" quota, unless of course Saw's is good enough to the U to give you some goddamn variety in your rebel squads

would be really cool to see XXU on the table or even XXXU (gigidy), though at this point it's HIGHLY unlikely given how amazing Rau and Low are.

On 05/04/2018 at 3:55 AM, ficklegreendice said:

well, with Saw's expac having an evade token, I'm willing to bet that (assuming the fix makes x-wings relevent) durable X-wing pilots will be complained about on the forums

Wedge not dying to a sneeze in his direction would be fantastic (admittedly I keep running him with plasma torps and chips instead of integrated astro, but shh)

I had a blast last night flying Wedge, Horton and Heff. They looked great on the table and (with some good rolls) cleaned up shop

Wedge for sure. I spent a lot of time custom-painting a 1/48 model to look like his X-wing. That said, back in those days of innocence that will never come again, Garven, Biggs, Dutch, and just some random rookie was a really fun squad.