Sign in to follow this  
eljms

Turtle Han

I don't normally play rebel but my son loves Han Solo and I'm trying to come up with a build for him.  I'm considering this:

Han Solo (56)
YT-1300 (46), Expert Handling (2), Inspiring Recruit (1), Kyle Katarn (3), Millennium Falcon (Evade Version) (1), Experimental Interface (3)

The idea being that green maneuver / evade / barrel roll will give him two focus and an evade each turn.

It would leave 44 points for a wing man or two.  I've been contemplating ships that could help remove the stress to open up Han's dial.  Possibly a Resistance Sympathizer with Kanan Jarrus.  I looked at the Wing Man EPT but trying to keep within range 1 of the Falcon could be tricky.  I also thought about Lowhhrick and Rex although I'm not sure it's a particularly good fit.  Cassian in a U-Wing felt like it would be a bit bloated.

Anybody out there got some great ideas on how to spend the 44 points?

Or feedback on whether the whole concept is workable? :)

Well it sort of works, but if Han is in a position where it's not advantageous to barrel roll he won't get the stress tokens and then can't trigger Kyle Katarn the next round.  Unless he really needs the barrel roll option (or the ability to regularly shed target locks) then you can still get double focus plus evade just by using Push the Limit, Kyle and the title.  You could then add Kanan as the second crew member to allow you to do this on white manoeuvres as well as greens, just as you suggested, or C-3PO or Chewbacca to make him harder to kill.

As for a wingman, the Poe suggestion above is good if you can fit him in.

Might I suggest another build for your Han. 

(100)

•Han Solo (60) - YT-1300
Push The Limit (3), •Kyle Katarn (3), •Kanan Jarrus (3), •Millennium Falcon (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

•Lowhhrick (40) - Auzituck Gunship
Predator (3), •C-3PO (3), •R2-D2 (4), Vectored Thrusters (2)

I think this Han build will be better at dodging arcs and clearing stress. Boost focus and evade every turn is pretty good. Kanan opens up all white moves for Han. 

Lowhhrick will also be a nice tank that can help protect Han a bit. 

I like it, but I'd prefer to have the Engine Upgrade too for the added manoeuvrability.  With Engine Upgrade I'd probably take Poe:

Poe Dameron (PS8) - Veteran Instincts, Advanced Optics, BB-8, Autothrusters, Black One (39pts)

(could upgrade to PS9 Poe by swapping BB-8 for a Flight Assist Astromech)

If you stick at 56pts for Han, then PS9 Poe with R2-D2 fits in nicely, or if you wanted to try something different you can just squeeze in Chewbacca:

Chewbacca (original version) (42) - Rage (1), Inspiring Recruit (1), 'Chopper' (0)

It's another tanky ship to chew through, and if you keep him relatively close to Han he can benefit from the stress-clearing ability of Kanan on any turn Han doesn't need him.