Sign in to follow this  
seef1033

World Championship Tickets

Based on some of our group receiving “not selected” emails for the worlds drawing, it appears there were more applications for IA than allocated spots. This was a big surprise to us... were we just unlucky or have others been unpleasantly surprised as well?

Edited by seef1033

13 minutes ago, seef1033 said:

I'm a member of the SW:LCG group on facebook and it looks like even they are getting denial emails... they must have cut the available tickets significantly for that.

Maybe they're only getting 16. Instant top cut

I knew this would happen. FFG messed this up good. Everyone and their dog could "apply", but how many are serious about going? 

Found my rejected email in my junk. Do I want to wait until March 31st and help them fix their mistake? Dunno. The real players have trips to plan. 

• April 10 — NOON CST. Any remaning tickets are made available to the public.

ya ok FFG. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

Im shocked this many folks are getting rejected who post consistently on the forums, and some who even placed top 16 worlds in the past. If i go i want to meet these people i talk to in cyberspace lol. Man they must have downsized IA or something. Maybe they are just shooting themselves in the foot thinking that many folks will be able to scramble plans together last minute. Maybe i wont go so someone else can take my spot. I wonder how mang spots in total were allocated to IA? So ny questions!

14 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Im shocked this many folks are getting rejected who post consistently on the forums, and some who even placed top 16 worlds in the past. If i go i want to meet these people i talk to in cyberspace lol. Man they must have downsized IA or something. Maybe they are just shooting themselves in the foot thinking that many folks will be able to scramble plans together last minute. Maybe i wont go so someone else can take my spot. I wonder how mang spots in total were allocated to IA? So ny questions!

I went to the last three Worlds. I wanted it bad enough to get online at the right time and commit to paying for it. Would I have been salty if it got sold out back then? Yes, but I'd rest knowing others who are commited to going got tickets. 

I now have to decide if I want to wait until April 10th to try to get a ticket. Since I'd have to be there May 1st, that's three weeks to make travel plans! Vacation time, flight bookings, list building, etc. 

37 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I went to the last three Worlds. I wanted it bad enough to get online at the right time and commit to paying for it. Would I have been salty if it got sold out back then? Yes, but I'd rest knowing others who are commited to going got tickets. 

I now have to decide if I want to wait until April 10th to try to get a ticket. Since I'd have to be there May 1st, that's three weeks to make travel plans! Vacation time, flight bookings, list building, etc. 

That’s what i don’t get: was it so bad a process they had to change it? Maybe it was for some games, but not IA.

Why are we also not doing something as simple as ranking our choices? FFG Game Center is cool and all and I like seeing the other games/the larger community but when it comes down to it people are there to compete—all the other stuff is extraneous. As it exists, you have people signing up for multiple games to get more tickets for the prize wall and just because they can.

Even if you all get in this is a frustrating process for the players and should be for everyone involved, not just those who are in limbo now. It makes me want to have a player organized championship sooner rather than later. Kansas is centrally located. We have beer.

5 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

It's not just IA. We're having the exact same problem with X-wing. Worse I'd say, tons of high profile players didn't get selected through the lottery. My guess is tons of random people signed up for every game 'just because' and that diluted the applicant pool enough that a large number of the more dedicated players didn't make it. It's random after all.

5 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:
  • April 10 — NOON CST. Any remaning tickets are made available to the public.

My rejection email says March 31st is when all remaining tickets become available to people who were rejected. So we won't have to wait until April 10th, but March 31st is also pretty bad.

4 hours ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

I would love to help organize this. Let's run a Shadow Worlds

How difficult would it be to get a conference room somewhere in the St. Paul area on Saturday? That way folks who can't make the weekday official Worlds can participate with those who did.

8 hours ago, cnemmick said:

How difficult would it be to get a conference room somewhere in the St. Paul area on Saturday? That way folks who can't make the weekday official Worlds can participate with those who did.

I would hope to be on a separate weekend to not contest with my friend's wedding but I bet some people already have that weekend off work.