Sign in to follow this  
Viperhook

5 activation list viable ?

That's tough.  I can see why you'd want that amount of firepower, but you are losing a lot of support.  

No 3po. No card draw. Debts Repaid takes 3 of your 15 points. No front line that's worth losing.  

For your question, it is viable, depending on your matchups, most list come down to how well you know them.  

But can it be improved, my opinion would be yes.  

For those 12 points, you can add 3po, and rebel hand command.  That gives you more cards, offensive, and defensive support, that helps make your rangers hit harder.  

If it were me I would add in Echo's as the last piece.  That holds your trooper synergy, and provides some nice 8 health pieces to hold mission objectives while your rangers snipe.  

The echos are a good front wall to protect someone as well.  Activate Chewie early and hide him close by, if one falls they can fear the wookie rage. 

◄15▪ Chewbacca
◄12Alliance Ranger
◄8Echo Base Trooper
◄3▪ Gideon Argus
◄2Alliance Smuggler
◄2▪ C-3P0
◄2▪ Rebel High Command
◄-4▪ Wookiee Avenger

25 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Royal Rich won his Regionals with it. Atdp, vader, palp, ejets, officer, zillo I think

Yeah, this is the list I can see being viable. Even so, you're in some trouble on a few objective-heavy maps! I could see a rebel 9-act list theoretically ignoring Vader and running in 36 points' of crates in Mos Eisley ...

2 hours ago, Viperhook said:

Chewie, 2x eRangers, Guideon, rSmuggler

In the most recent episode of both the Twin Troopers and Zion's Finest podcasts they talk about a list that's similar to this making it to top four in what sounds like a pretty competitive regionals.  I think that list might have been 2xeRangers and Han, but it's a similar idea in any case.

So I guess the short answer would be yes :)

10 hours ago, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

Yeah, this is the list I can see being viable. Even so, you're in some trouble on a few objective-heavy maps! I could see a rebel 9-act list theoretically ignoring Vader and running in 36 points' of crates in Mos Eisley ...

I won a regionals with the rebel 9 activation list. I played against this exact list in the semi finals, and won by taking Vader out first, mostly ignorign objectives.... ;)

6 hours ago, Isnigu said:

I won a regionals with the rebel 9 activation list. I played against this exact list in the semi finals, and won by taking Vader out first, mostly ignorign objectives.... ;)

That's fantastic. I just scrimmaged a buddy and was pretty dispirited about rebels after losing Chewie to Palp/Vader in round one. Good to see them still doing serious work!

What about;

IG-88

2x Elite Sentry Droid

Elite Jawa Scavenger

C-3P0

...with 3 points left over for Devious Scheme, Black Market for the Jawa, and maybe some lesser used upgrades like Trusted Ally, Indentured Jester, or Scavenged Weaponry.  Even the Sentry Droids roll the right kind of dice to make Explosive Armaments likely to have the surges to trigger.  It would make their Multi-Fire even more deadly.

Just on the OP, I tried a 5-act list on Vassal last night with Vader, Palp, rOfficer, Shyla and Onar (RBF, Zillo, Temp). My opponent killed my officer early with EJets and had a pretty serious activation advantage after that. The high point was that Shyla DID get to whip Vader into the rancor pit after a "Looking for a Fight" shenanigan to get him into position on the way.

The idea was to include Shyla to help Vader get his attacks, but the price point is just a bit off with so few activations. I don't think I'd play it again!