GiledPallaeon

MONSTER TRUCK MANIA (The Actual Thread)

On 3/9/2018 at 8:52 AM, moodswing5537 said:

Ill take a guess at @Ardaedhel fleet....7 AF2 B's with Mommy Mothma...

:P

Vader, 4 ISDC's, 2 Interdoctors,* and no squadrons.  Because I do need rerolls.  All three relevant Fleet Commands.

His "lol" was in response to one of my objectives.  :)

*I lied, it's just 6 ISDs.

Edited by Ardaedhel

54 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Fleets are now posted. If you see an error in your fleet, please let me know immediately and I will see what we can do.

You could remove the objectives of some fleets, such as mine. . . it's not a big deal, granted, and they're rather obvious choices, but still.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

2 hours ago, Visovics said:

I have Thrawn with 4 ISDs from his Seventh Fleet, along some...mercenary help... and very loyal imperial pilots. @PodRacer you're in for a ride, the first of many to succumb to this in the Euro sector of the galaxy :P 

You will need every Perk you canget from that title, as you will not have any defense tokens left to speak of once my alpha lands!!

6 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You could remove the objectives of some fleets, such as mine. . . it's not a big deal, granted, and they're rather obvious choices, but still.

Cleared. I checked all the others to make sure I didn't miss any of those either. Sorry about that, it's already a personal note for next time about separating out objectives on the form so I'm not wading through answers trying to clear them out.

8 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

So...with a few exceptions, everyone loaded up with ISDs and Vader, or assault frigates and ackbar? Lol

Essentially. I don't think you're the only Tarkin, and there's at least one each of Motti, Dodonna, Madine, and Sato, but I have not had the time or energy to run a real analysis. EDIT: And a couple Sloanes. Some of those squad balls look vicious.

Edited by GiledPallaeon

22 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

So...with a few exceptions, everyone loaded up with ISDs and Vader, or assault frigates and ackbar? Lol

Did you expect anything else from the Imps?

I am surprised about the Rebs - I thought there would be more MC80/75 spams. Only 2 is surprising.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

14 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Essentially. I don't think you're the only Tarkin, and there's at least one each of Motti, Dodonna, Madine, and Sato, but I have not had the time or energy to run a real analysis. EDIT: And a couple Sloanes. Some of those squad balls look vicious.

Found a few Thrawns. Cool. And Sloane. One Madine. Sato.

14 minutes ago, jp82729 said:

Ran some quick numbers on this insanity:

Average Max Min
Bid 3.95 20 0
Ships 4.86 6 4
Squads 8.91 18 0
Deployments 9.27 13 6
Activations 5.41 7 4

For my own curiosity could you add median next to average to see how these curves are tilted?

Edited by GiledPallaeon
Tilted, not titled...

@GiledPallaeon lil’ mistake on mine, but it was probably my fault from submission, the Kuat Ion slots are both supposed to be HIE, I used NK7 and OP for the point tracking on warlords cos it still hadn’t added all cards and I think I forgot to correct them to HIE when submitting the list. Is the correction possible?

2 hours ago, Visovics said:

@GiledPallaeon lil’ mistake on mine, but it was probably my fault from submission, the Kuat Ion slots are both supposed to be HIE, I used NK7 and OP for the point tracking on warlords cos it still hadn’t added all cards and I think I forgot to correct them to HIE when submitting the list. Is the correction possible?

I’ll make the change. I thought it was an odd pairing.

5 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

For my own curiosity could you add median next to average to see how these curves are tilted?

Average Median Max Min
Bid 3.95 0.5 20 0
Ships 4.86 5 6 4
Squads 8.91 8.5 18 0
Deployments 9.27 9 13 6
Activations 5.41 5 7 4

13 hours ago, jp82729 said:
  Average Median Max Min
Bid 3.95 0.5 20 0
Ships 4.86 5 6 4
Squads 8.91 8.5 18 0
Deployments 9.27 9 13 6
Activations 5.41 5 7 4

That matches my suspicions. Ships' average has a long thin tail going up, bid laughs at that graph for ships and asks it to hold its beer, whereas squads, deployments, and activations are all pretty bell-curved.

Visovics and Pod shall play at 18:00 GMT on Friday!

Tune in to witness the showndown between Thrawn’s 7th Fleet and Inc. of Mercenaried and loyal pilots against Sloane’s ISD and Interdictor with masses of squads, which Grand Admiral shall prevail in this bloodbath?