MajorJuggler

New article: "Cracking the Metagame"

3 hours ago, Dpro said:

Looks like there is even room for a 1 pt bid too. Means my 11 Poe will still move before the final ghost positioning. Looks like I need to focus fire down the bug as fast as possible and then deal with the ghost with known position. A lucky first salvo of dice could be crucial if I can’t modify anything. 

Approach is huge with this list. 

i could be mistaken, but hotcop fenn/ ezramaul lothal is the hardest possible counter to advoptics poe right now.

I really wonder how plotarmour according to meta wing is one of the better squads against spectre7 only loosing 21:15.

In my personal testsetups it is 2 : 4

.....meaning 2 times out of 6 plotarmour achieved to destroy fenn instead of beeing evapourated 0:100. 

1 minute ago, Yodas Mum said:

i could be mistaken, but hotcop fenn/ ezramaul lothal is the hardest possible counter to advoptics poe right now.

I really wonder how plotarmour according to meta wing is one of the better squads against spectre7 only loosing 21:15.

.....meaning 2 times out of 6 plotarmour achieved to destroy fenn instead of beeing evapourated 0:100. 

It isn't as hard of a counter as you'd think-- Fenn's ability keeps ships from spending it if triggered and if you can take Fenn down in a couple of rounds of fire then you get to keep using it at your leisure until the end of the match.

4 hours ago, Yodas Mum said:

Good point. I missed that. Maybe I will drop down to run an intensity comm relay bb8 Poe. My Bb8 norra was a lot of fun to play at the store tournament, but her 1 agility and no autothrusters made her go down quick to tlt and some sustained fire

On 2/24/2018 at 4:18 AM, MajorJuggler said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/

Hs

Yeah, no kidding FFG.... I did the basic math on PS11 Fenn+HSCP in about 10 minutes before we recorded the S&V episode to talk about it the first time, and concluded that even without using any of his PS11 shenanigans his jousting efficiency is still >100%. News flash... when a ship has best in class jousting efficiency coupled with PS9+ reposition, it makes most everything else obsolete. We generally call this "power creep", and it keeps happening.

I haven't done the exact Ghost + Maul/Ezra math yet. I think I know what the answer is going to be. ;-)

While I respect that you don't share your latest MathWing formulas any more, do you still have anywhere you post such calculations and pre-release predictions in text anywhere? If not, would you mind doing so?

I have full respect for the S&V podcast and used to really enjoy it on my way to work, but as my hearing degrades I'm finding conversation-style podcasts to be simply nonviable any more, and it's a extra frustrating to miss out on your stuff to boot. :(

4 hours ago, Reiver said:

While I respect that you don't share your latest MathWing formulas any more, do you still have anywhere you post such calculations and pre-release predictions in text anywhere? If not, would you mind doing so?

I have full respect for the S&V podcast and used to really enjoy it on my way to work, but as my hearing degrades I'm finding conversation-style podcasts to be simply nonviable any more, and it's a extra frustrating to miss out on your stuff to boot. :(

Thanks for following! Most of my X-wing analysis time over the last few months has been spent working on getting Community Mod balanced. The good news is that I'm taking a deep dive on all of the ships/pilots, in much more detail than I have in the past. I now have a unique script for each individual ship, within which I am looking at many loadouts for each pilot. I did this because I know that my first cut still isn't quite where I want balance to be (although it's still light years ahead of stock), so this lets me analyze a ship, leave the changes on the shelf for a few months, and then come back to it later during analytical playtesting. The bad news is that I haven't caught up yet to all the new ships! I have done a few spot-checks like Fenn Rau as mentioned upthread, but I'm not tackling an entire wave pre-release yet. That being said, once the X-wing expansion pack is fully spoiled, I will be taking an immedaite deep dive into it and posting both my conclusions, and what I'll be doing with it for Community Mod.

Edited by MajorJuggler

5 hours ago, MajorJuggler said:

Thanks for following! Most of my X-wing analysis time over the last few months has been spent working on getting Community Mod balanced. The good news is that I'm taking a deep dive on all of the ships/pilots, in much more detail than I have in the past. I now have a unique script for each individual ship, within which I am looking at many loadouts for each pilot. I did this because I know that my first cut still isn't quite where I want balance to be (although it's still light years ahead of stock), so this lets me analyze a ship, leave the changes on the shelf for a few months, and then come back to it later during analytical playtesting. The bad news is that I haven't caught up yet to all the new ships! I have done a few spot-checks like Fenn Rau as mentioned upthread, but I'm not tackling an entire wave pre-release yet. That being said, once the X-wing expansion pack is fully spoiled, I will be taking an immedaite deep dive into it and posting both my conclusions, and what I'll be doing with it for Community Mod.

I've been following the community mod with some interest - but it's mighty good to know I've been missing the MathWing simply because it hasn't been done, not because it's in an unavailable format ;) 

I look forward to your updates again soon! :)