Estarriol

The ghost is bul#%£&#

I almost think that the best thing to do is an actual rule erratum stating that offensive passive modifications -- any modification achieved without spending a token -- can only be used on primary weapons in arc unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

So Guidance Chips?  Works fine.

Expertise on Rey?  In arc, where she wants it anyway?  Works fine.  Out of arc?  Nope.

The stacking of passive modifications is just too much.

It’s a Hero ship, so of course it sucks to go against it.  Just like Fat Han back in the day.  I suppose Soontir would have been a hero ship from the Empire perspective.  At any rate, yeah it sucks to sit on the other side of the table knowing you have a **** of an uphill battle.

21 minutes ago, Makaze said:

This. The Maul/Ezra combo was clearly designed to work together and is very thematic. It in and of itself is not a problem. It's only when paired with the TLT/Ghost combo that lets you use Maul twice and Ezra 4 times in the same turn that it goes off the rails. TLT's biggest problem is not TLT itself, for 6 points it's really good and at the top of the power curve but probably OK. Rather the issue is the way the double shooting mechanic combos with other cards that were designed and costed around a standard primary weapon shot.

I feel that the easiest fix would just be to make Ezra "once per turn", he and Maul work together on anything that attacks once and rebels have no triple crew to take gunner so it doesn't matter there.

this hurts the multiple TLT shots and brings the damage down to just a focus or focus FCS, my only real gripe with the Ghost Fenn is that it is so consistent, shove its damage back down to the level it was prior and we should be good.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I almost think that the best thing to do is an actual rule erratum stating that offensive passive modifications -- any modification achieved without spending a token -- can only be used on primary weapons in arc unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

So Guidance Chips?  Works fine.

Expertise on Rey?  In arc, where she wants it anyway?  Works fine.  Out of arc?  Nope.

The stacking of passive modifications is just too much.

My god, I would love this so much.

6 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

It’s a Hero ship, so of course it sucks to go against it.  Just like Fat Han back in the day.  I suppose Soontir would have been a hero ship from the Empire perspective.  At any rate, yeah it sucks to sit on the other side of the table knowing you have a **** of an uphill battle.

The biggest difference, honestly, is that neither Soontir nor Fat Han hit very hard.  You typically have a while to at least try to get them.  With the Mauler Ghost, you are on a serious clock: it pumps out a reliable 3-5 damage per turns, which means most lists have four or five turns of furball -- at most -- to kill it.

People who have not played against it consistently underestimate its offensive potential.  And by "consistently," I mean "near universally."

My suggestion is to errata the Phantom title.

While you are docked, the Ghost can perform primary weapon attacks from its special firing arc, and, at the end of the combat phase, it may perform an additional attack with an equipped (Turret) that costs 4 or fewer squad points. If it performs this attack, it cannot attack again this round.

This also prevents a double Ion cannon attack.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

People who have not played against it consistently underestimate its offensive potential.  And by "consistently," I mean "near universally."

I don't find that it really hits any harder than the classic Kanan + Biggs, where Kanan had FCS and 2-3 Focus per round.  And at least around here, we've had a couple good players who were consistently making cuts with Kanan/Biggs since the 2015 Regionals, so it's always been a list to keep in mind while squad-building. 

Fenn is certainly obnoxious to play against, but I'm not yet convinced he makes the Ghost a whole heck of a lot more resilient than the old Kanan + Biggs variants, where Kanan could debuff your attack dice, you had to shoot Biggs first until he was dead, and even once Biggs was dead Kanan could still Focus Debuff + Evade every round if it wanted to go full defense (if not, it had 2x TL and 2x Focus for offense).

So, I dunno, it's a darn tough list, but so was Kanan+Biggs, and while Fenn/Lothal is probably a bit better then the classic, so are a lot of the other power-crept options out there right now.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

The biggest difference, honestly, is that neither Soontir nor Fat Han hit very hard.  You typically have a while to at least try to get them.  With the Mauler Ghost, you are on a serious clock: it pumps out a reliable 3-5 damage per turns, which means most lists have four or five turns of furball -- at most -- to kill it.

Yikes!  Well if there’s 3/4 of a list tied into one ship then it better be a beast.  But it also sounds like an Epic ship.  FAQ an Epic point on the card and call it a day.  Bye bye ghost!

8 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I don't find that it really hits any harder than the classic Kanan + Biggs, where Kanan had FCS and 2-3 Focus per round.

Assuming Kanan saves for offense, it's probably about the same.  (Whenever I played against Kanan-Ghost, it did anemic damage because Kanan was trying to make me do anemic damage.  Kanan never scared me; I don't think I ever lost to it.)  The difference is that this one isn't sacrificing defense by spending tokens on offense.  (Mauler Ghost scares me.  If I'm not specifically built for it, I will probably lose to it.)

9 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I don't find that it really hits any harder than the classic Kanan + Biggs, where Kanan had FCS and 2-3 Focus per round

It hits much harder. Kanan was typically spending his focus on his ability meaning those TLT shots were unmodified except for the TL, not to mention he actually cared about stress and getting blocked so he could get those focus. Whereas Maul/Ezra will get 3 hits on it's TLT rolls 90% of the time without ever needing to take an action

I agree that this is definitely a good list, but I think its far from "broken" in that there are definitely counters, such as pre-combat stress control, ie. high PS tactican carriers, Mara Jade, and some others, as long as you stress the maul user, they cannot maul for the first attack, yet they are left with Ezra, so Boba crew I guess?

1 minute ago, DelGriffen said:

So a Kanan piloted ghost, with maul Ezra crew docked attack shuttle with a fen? Systems jammer, TLT, EU? 

Fenn Rau attack shuttle, any ghost with a docked phantom, though a Lothal with Maul/Ezra/Jammer/TLT/EU is probably best?

If there was only a squad that could beat it,

Contracted Scout — JumpMaster 5000 25
Ship Total: 25

Edited by Cubanboy

If there was only a upgrade card that removed shields without needing to hit that could be attached to something like Whisper, which also buffed your shields, which could also use gunner to strip a shield then follow-up with a strong attack on a weakened ship.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/13/save-the-dream/

Edited by Cubanboy

13 minutes ago, Cubanboy said:

And a 25 point bid? Or 8 points of upgrades for each JM5K?

13 minutes ago, Cubanboy said:

I have heard promising news of the 4 jumps squad with trick shot and courier droid, apparently that can roast the Ghost pretty bad. I've seen the triple jumps do the ghost in so I've gotta imagine the 4 can do the job.