Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I work in a newspaper & periodical distribution center.

Work has been slowly drying up due to decline of printed media.

Oh and last week we lost power (including emergency lighting) for 3 hours and then had to work in partial dark* (we had emergency light and power for the sorting line) for another half hour before we got everything back to normal again.

 

*It's what I imagine beeing on a submarine is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robin Graves said:

It's what I imagine beeing on a submarine is like.

Not claustrophobic enough.  Try standing up in a dark closet full of hanging clothes until you can’t take it anymore.  And have a heater on.

 

of course I’m just imagining all that.  I’m just a dumb paramedic myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

Not claustrophobic enough.  Try standing up in a dark closet full of hanging clothes until you can’t take it anymore.  And have a heater on.

I think it all has to smell like oil and other engine fluids, too.  Oh, and 30 of you closest friends. . .who haven't showered this week.

Or maybe that's just from Das Boot.

Anywho:

Veterinarian.

Dogs, cats, and exotics (which is basically anything that is not a dog or cat but doesn't belong on a farm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Npmartian said:

I'm still in high school, so I teach viola to younger kids.

Awesome! I taught recorder to classes younger kids when I was in high school (since it's a relatively easy instrument to pick up as your first). The viola is probably my favorite string instrument, I just love the timbre. But I also have a weak enough ear that there is no way I'd be able to play any of the string instruments! I have gotten a few chances to accompany professional violists though - it's truly amazing. Haydn is one of my favorite composers too, so I appreciate that violists usually also appreciate his music!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in a wholesale. I advise and sell electronic components like cable, relais, meters, fuses, switches, plugs, lights and more to electricians and communities. One can only buy there as a registered customer - so we have mainly the same customers every day. But that is nice also, because you get to know the people.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 10:52 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I think it all has to smell like oil and other engine fluids, too.  Oh, and 30 of you closest friends. . .who haven't showered this week.

Or maybe that's just from Das Boot.

Anywho:

Veterinarian.

Dogs, cats, and exotics (which is basically anything that is not a dog or cat but doesn't belong on a farm).

So I develop certain electronic systems for our US Subs. I’ve worked on these ships for close to 17 years now. Some spaces on the sub are pretty roomy, others are very cramped. The smell can get a bit funky at times. 

Edited by Pooleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, Jadotch said:

Because I do like to brag a little. Here is a sample of some of my work.

1000w_q95.jpg

 

I really like this one.    It's like the background and foreground are in B&W (despite the fact that they are not) with the boat being the only color subject.

****.  Woulda never thought military photography would be artsy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I really like this one.    It's like the background and foreground are in B&W (despite the fact that they are not) with the boat being the only color subject.

****.  Woulda never thought military photography would be artsy :)

Thanks! That was taken in Djibouti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...