4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I'm a full-time student going to school on the GI Bill, and my original enlistment bonus.  I also work full time during the summer at a National Historic site.  Don't have ton of money for plastic ships, but thankfully they're relatively cheap. 

GI Bill? Forgive my ignorance, what is that?

11 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I'm a full-time student going to school on the GI Bill, and my original enlistment bonus.  I also work full time during the summer at a National Historic site.  Don't have ton of money for plastic ships, but thankfully they're relatively cheap. 

What NHS (if you don't mind saying)? I used to work at a couple in Canada--Fort George and Brock's Monument (Niagara).

7 hours ago, Arma Quattro said:

Montgomery or Post-9-11 GI Bills refer to an American program to pay education costs for members and qualifying veterans of the US armed forces. 

Edited by jmswood

8 hours ago, Arma Quattro said:

As said above, it's a benefit provided to veterans that helps cover the cost of schooling in the US. 

1 hour ago, TheHumanHydra said:

What NHS (if you don't mind saying)? I used to work at a couple in Canada--Fort George and Brock's Monument (Niagara).

Very nice.  I work at Fort Scott, KS, an 1840s-through-American Civil War US Army post.  

8 hours ago, jmswood said:

I’m an electricician currently maintaining lighthouses on the central California coast. 

This is the supposedly a transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.  The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

US Ship:  Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Carrier,   I say again, divert your course!

CND reply:  No.  We say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship:  THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: With respects, this is a lighthouse.  Your call.

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

This is the supposedly a transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.  The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

There are some great videos made in honor of the story.

Someone made it into a commercial.

There are several others, but these are my favorite. 

Edited by jmswood