Sign in to follow this  
Gamma3101

Convert Stormtroopers to Clone Warriors?

Hello everyone,

I would love to make my army kind of special and not just play with the models right out of the box. Since I do really like the Clone Phase II Armour, I thought about converting the Stormtroopers to match the look of that armour type.

A simple head swap should go a long way towards making the minis looking unique. My bigest concern is that I can't find any heads which do look like Phase II Helmets. Has anyone a good source to get helmets in the right size?

Any help is appreciated.

10 hours ago, DelGriffen said:

Maybe wizards of the coast game. There was also a cheap plastic toy line called Star Wars battles? That might be close to the right size. 

8 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Been wondering how the Star Wars Miniature Battles game heads would work on the new figures, but I think they're on the smaller end. You might get by with the big headed aliens (Mon Cals) but I'm not sure how the Clone Trooper heads would do on the new bodies.

That is exactly my concern. I have never seen a SW Legion Miniature in Real life and therefore I'm on the fence if the other models might fit.

4 hours ago, ID X T said:

Check out shapeways. I found some Clone Helmets from MiniatureMachine. I have not used those, but I have some Tie Pilot helmets by Dynath which were excellent. 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6SJKHHLW7/clone-trooper-helmets-5-pack-1-56-scale?optionId=64183122&li=marketplace

Found those aswell and contacted him. He thinks it is necessary to at least meassure one of the Stormtroppers head in advance. Otherwise the scale might be off. 

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Honestly at the scale they are, you could probably just paint it up like the phase two and it would look very close. 

But that would be the sensible and easy solution.. Where's the fun in that? ;)

My biggest problem atm is, that I can't measure a Stormtrooper mini in real life.  My store will receive the minis on the 8th of March but if possible I would like to do it asap. That way I could get the helmets at the same time as the core set:)

Now I have to find someone who got the minis...

1 hour ago, Gamma3101 said:

That is exactly my concern. I have never seen a SW Legion Miniature in Real life and therefore I'm on the fence if the other models might fit.

Found those aswell and contacted him. He thinks it is necessary to at least meassure one of the Stormtroppers head in advance. Otherwise the scale might be off. 

But that would be the sensible and easy solution.. Where's the fun in that? ;)

My biggest problem atm is, that I can't measure a Stormtrooper mini in real life.  My store will receive the minis on the 8th of March but if possible I would like to do it asap. That way I could get the helmets at the same time as the core set:)

Now I have to find someone who got the minis...

Maybe @Sorastro can shed some light on the subject