nickv2002

Pinned Threads for Skirmish?

I noticed some of the other IA sub-forums have pinned topics (like Sorastro's Painting), but we don't have any here in the Skirmish sub forum. Are there any threads that are worth pinning? I'm thinking specifically of skirmish resources (list builders, vassal etc) and/or advice for new players, as those are common questions on here.

Do people have nominations for good thread we should pin? And/or does anyone want to compile a number of suggestions into a single post in a new post/thread (and continue to edit it) that we could ask the mods to pin?

Edited by nickv2002
add vassal

1. @theaficionado: grand tier

2. @cnemmick: houseruling fix/analysis of older skirmish deployment cards

3. @lowercaseM: weakness of unique/single-figure deployment cards

4. @thereisnotry: skirmish map puzzle guide

5. Obligatory for new players: Imperial assault is not available on FFG/sold out

I do have some other ones but they're more campaign strategy related and aren't necessary on FFG forums

I'm sure there is a thread about all the great resources, and if there isn't we need to make one. Things like explanation and links to Vassal, links to most popular list builders, the map printing, map puzzle guide, and the grand tier, the currently active pod casts, and now BrettKelly's twitch vassal stream. Oh and a1bert's attack BGG page.

Don't have time to go find the links, @ricope has a few of them above, but I'll try and do some digging later. Great idea though!

Figured I'd start a list here and gather links and we can take it when ready and start a post for pinning:

New Players:

Online list builders and other helpers:

Deployment ranking conversations:

Maps:

Podcasts/videos:

Vassal:

News:

Edited by wannabepudge

I think one thing I've missed is how the Organized Play subforum is not just for OP events, but is also used for people looking for local games. Either we need to make our own thread of FLGS that offer regular IA skirmish events (and sticky it) or just create a sticky post that explains the usage of the OP subforum.

23 hours ago, wannabepudge said:

Honestly, we can just put up a link to every @a1bert post made and it would be helpful 95% of the time. #AskAlbert

Thanks for compiling all those links @wannabepudge

If you're okay being the editor go ahead and make a new thread with appropriate title. Then we can use the 'Report Post'  link that shows in the upper right of each post on mouseover to let the mods know about it. Normally this is for bad posts but we can write in the note that we'd like the thread to be pinned.