LordEnforcer

What time periods does everyone play?

On 2/20/2018 at 8:19 PM, whafrog said:

I just finished a story arc with my son, set around 800 BBY.  As a Jedi Sentinel Padawan-soon-to-be-Knight, my son's PC had to solve murders, find thieves, and eventually recover a mysterious egg from that Jedi/Sith temple in Nexus of Power.

I was gratified that he hadn't figured it out when the egg hatched, and out popped...baby Yoda  :D

Truly excellent idea, although the time placement would be about 100 years too late.

Yeah, that's why I said "around" :)   We'll have a few more adventures before my son's PC takes on Yoda as a Padawan.  I figure Yoda will be the most mischievous youngling, flinging food in the cafeteria, tying people's shoelaces together with the Force, etc...  beginning as he ended. ;)

51 minutes ago, whafrog said:

Yeah, that's why I said "around" :)   We'll have a few more adventures before my son's PC takes on Yoda as a Padawan.  I figure Yoda will be the most mischievous youngling, flinging food in the cafeteria, tying people's shoelaces together with the Force, etc...  beginning as he ended. ;)

I'm curious as to which house the sorting hat put him in. :)

I currently run two campaigns.

• One that started about 6-8 months BBY and just recently crossed the BoY line, so they're a month or two ABY now.
  • One set roughly 250 years ABY.

As a player--

• Shortly ABY (I'm not sure of the actual timeframe, as the continuity is shared with two other groups run by the same GM, and canon is out the window.)
  • One unspecified OT timeframe.
  • One about a year (give or take) BBY (with several characters having originated in the Clone Wars era, brought to the "present" via a ship trapped in the event horizon of a singularity).
  • One right after the Battle of Hoth.

Everything is changed for us (and I mean everything :) )  but thematically the campaign feels similar to the end of the original movies.  The Empire is in ruins and has lost most of its power, but not all, and large pockets of remnants remain. The Jedi are resurgent, the Alliance and Scum & Villany factions have large power-bases.

It's 25 years after the destruction of Alderaan, and the Galactic Civil has been fought for all that time.  Every faction measures the calendar differently too - the Jedi use the Old Republic calendar (so it's about Year 450), the Empire uses the crowning of Emperor Tarkin as Year Zero (so it's year 26 now) and the Alliance treats the Extinction Level Event as Year Zero, so for them it's Year 25.

In terms of the campaign, we're in the second arc of a three-film cycle.  The first MCU 'movie' was 'Revenge of the Jedi' - this one's called 'Deux Ex Machinae'. The last is called 'Kingdom Come'.

Most of what I've run for this system has been in the classic Rebellion era, as that's what the bulk of my group are most comfortable with.  I've run a few one-shots in the Dark Times era (post-RotJ but pre-Rebellion) as well as the TFA era, but nothing extensive as of yet.

To be honest, I'm thinking the next campaign I run will probably be in the TFA era, as it's such an open slate right now, especially in the wake of TLJ with the slate being wiped completely clean and thus freeing things up for the PCs to truly be among the new heroes of that generation, as the new power trio (Finn, Rey, and Poe) can't be everywhere at once.

My group is just a few months ABY, although with the release of “Dawn of Rebellion,” I kind of wish we could rewind a little to incorporate some of the stuff in there (I.e. the Spectres and Director Krennic and Tarkin and...)

Currently about 5 years BBY.  After running a few jobs for a less-than-competent Hutt, The PCs have been "strongly persuaded" by an ISB colonel to assist him with his investigation into two high level Imperial administrators who are currently locked in a feud that is making a number of Imperial senators extremely nervous (along with what exactly the nature of the secret project is that both of them are working on).  

Edited by Otakuon

Both groups started right near the destruction of Alderaan. One group kicked off hearing some initial news reports and the Rebel Intelligence agent they met shortly thereafter confirmed it was the Empire.

Second group started on a planet separated from the galaxy at large—a heavily rewritten Adumar. First place they went once venturing off their homeward was Alderaan. Let's just say they had a very bad day that day....

I like running between episodes VI and VII. 

I'm currently running one game that started roughly six months after the battle of endor, and another one in 6 aby. 

I'm very Lucky that I actually get to play in a eote game set in 10 aby. 

Next week I'll be starting one of two campaigns:

The first takes place entirely within old sith space about 25 years after the death of Vader over Endor, at the new Sith Academy of Korriban as part of a new Sith Empire founded by a member of a lost population of Naga Sadow's empire.

The second takes place about 5 years before A New Hope, and will be galaxy hopping as they follow coordinates on an obelisk that a dream led them to.