LordEnforcer

What time periods does everyone play?

Tried starting 5 BBY and after around 180 hours of gaming time, the table is now a little after the beginning of ABY. They all enjoyed it, but still like to try the old Republic. I'm thinking of making a session or two of flash backs to give them a little bit of the old Republic era. Hope it helps.

Started end of 0BBY actually had them have to deliver a ship that had a bounty on to Jedha as their 1st adventure,  only to find it in the almost immediate aftermath of the city's destruction.  Figured it was nice way to tie in, and place them in the timeline.

I just finished a story arc with my son, set around 800 BBY.  As a Jedi Sentinel Padawan-soon-to-be-Knight, my son's PC had to solve murders, find thieves, and eventually recover a mysterious egg from that Jedi/Sith temple in Nexus of Power.

I was gratified that he hadn't figured it out when the egg hatched, and out popped...baby Yoda  :D

I'm getting ready to run a campaign set during the Clone Wars immediately following the battle of Geonosis. The PCs are NOT going to be Jedi or clones. They will be gunrunners and privateers looking to navigate between the factions of the Republic, the Separatists, and the Hutts. They get to choose where they are starting from and which faction contains the registered port of call for their vessel. In addition to Obligation, I will be tracking a score with the various factions to measure their standings (like the Fallout games). Do they try to say neutral or do they support one faction over the others? Who knows, but there will be RP and mechanical consequences (ie. poor standing adds setbacks to social checks with authority figures). The adventures, for example, will involve illegal salvage operations in a conflict zone, blockade running with black market shipments of bacta, and anti-piracy (or maybe piracy) with all the repercussions that come with it.

The game I GM started during the events of Return of the Jedi, and a few weeks have passed during the 3 adventures since then. Main difference to canon is that the Grand Admirals managed to quickly unite in their support of a new Emperor, so the true consequences of the Battle of Endor remain to be seen.

I've taken over as GM of a Dawn Of Defiance game and we placed it 16 BBY. It also runs along side my Home-brew campaign that takes inspiration from that old Battlefront: Elite Squadron and laying the foundations for the secret base on Dantooine. The party runs at a mix of obligation and duty. Depending on what campaign they a focusing on for the game day.

We're all over the map. Original we did the Yavin era, then we restarted that by moving the original game back 20 or so years and played the descendants in Yavin era. That game rolled on until the Thrawn Counterattack era (which was heavily rewritten). Then we did a Naboo Crisis era game where we ran concurrent with the prequels wrapping up with Order 66. After that we did a Dark Times game having a hand in establishing the Rebellion followed up by an Knights of the Republic era game set on a planet between the Sith and Republic. We're just finishing up a Yavin era game that just wrapped up (more or less) with the mostly handwaved Battle of Jaku. Next, we'll be doing a Neo-Empire era sequel with their descendants. 

Last week I ran a one-shot set during the Pius Dea Era from Legends, over 10,000 years BBY, and that went pretty well. When I get a hold of Dawn of Rebellion, I'm planning on setting my new campaign a few days before the destruction of the Death Star.

My EotE game started four or five years before the Battle of Yavin; they're a bit less than a year away now (not that I'm carefully tracking time or anything; it's Star Wars!). I'm toying with the idea of having them be on Alderaan just before Grand Moff Tarkin comes to visit for the last time. :o

The F&D game started per the book's timeline - just after the Death Star went boom. They're a year or so past that now.

The AoR game started two years before Yavin, and they just got there. They were Imperial stormtroopers and a junior officer, and after two years of increasing awareness of the Empire's nature (we saved people from pirates, yay! wait, why are the slaves we freed slaves again? Why are we shooting at the people we saved? Why don't our superiors care about this, or us?!? Hey, I have these weird powers, like the folks we helped that Inquisitor hunt down), Alderaan (homeworld of on PC;  she was on a holo call home when the sky lit up behind her family) being destroyed led to them defecting.