Boba Rick

The Red Defender

Just now, gamblertuba said:

Should fly Ryad and a Delta together and make the Delta the red one.  Just to trigger people.

I flew nothing but Ryad, Vessery and Omega Leader for the first 5 months after Imperial Veterans came out.

Always put Vessery in the red one :D

4 minutes ago, Polynomial-C said:

If Soontir has the Royal Guard TIE title equipped, the red model would actually be the correct one...

I always fly Soontir with the title and a red interceptor. The Red Baron Rules!

2 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Its the same things as putting any pilot other than Poe in the Black T-70. I say let it fly (pun intended), fly whomever you like in whatever color ship you like.

I like to run a list of four Blue Squadron T-70s but I only have three of the regular T-70s so I use the Black T-70 as the fourth.

My last opponent named him Faux Paux. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Sbloom141 said:

I’m a stickler for the red defender, too.

Its funny cos I think I would run anyone in my ‘defaul’ Firespray with its dull Boba scheme but probably wouldn’t put anyone else in the Kath repaint..

My very first repaint was painting and imperial blue Firespray to put agent kallus in.  I couldn't handle two slave 1s

6 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

As long as I have a Silencer model somewhere in my play area, I don't see any rules specifying that the correct models must be attached to the base.

I'm ready to take this all the way to Space Court.

Comprehensive rule Guide, page 17, section Setup: rule 1: each ship in a squad must have the correct plastic ship, ship token, dial, pilot card, upgrades(if any) and Ship id number if applicable. 

A ship is defined as having a correct plastic ship connected to a base with a corresponding ship token that matches the pilot card. 

So no, you cannot use a tie interceptor model for Kylo Rens tie silencer. 

You can read it here: 

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/40/b4/40b44d5f-7a06-406c-ae6e-183c5297e796/swx36_rulesreference.pdf

(sigh, this is why the FAQ is 19 pages long.)

Edited by FlyingAnchors

7 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

Ryad or glaives only.

It is annoying when people switch vessery to the red one.

It's like using the red interceptor as soontir fel.

Game ruinning bad time? No.

Just irritating. Like unnecessary paperwork at my job.

I only own one of each.

At a tournament, I flew Vessery with a Delta Squadron Pilot.

You sure you want the delta pilot to be flying red? :P 

6 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

A shame the Glaives are a point too expensive, otherwise they'd see table time.

Wait what? You think triple crackshot Glaives should have had more gear for the price? I mean, my son would love having MkII engines on all three, but that seems excessive.

When he flies his Glaives, he takes the 3 red ones (I bought 2 ImpVets cause I love Defenders, he promptly won his own shortly after). Vessery and Maarek get the White and blue-gray one (to match Maarek's card art). The Deltas and Rexler get the 2 plain grey ones. I flew Rexler pre-Vets in his grey Defender and he was great, so he's staying in it!

2 minutes ago, drjkel said:

Wait what? You think triple crackshot Glaives should have had more gear for the price? I mean, my son would love having MkII engines on all three, but that seems excessive.

When he flies his Glaives, he takes the 3 red ones (I bought 2 ImpVets cause I love Defenders, he promptly won his own shortly after). Vessery and Maarek get the White and blue-gray one (to match Maarek's card art). The Deltas and Rexler get the 2 plain grey ones. I flew Rexler pre-Vets in his grey Defender and he was great, so he's staying in it!

Yeah people underestimate how good Rexlar is. Ps 8 alone is nice. But then his ability is there and can be nasty in the late game. I’ve found X/7 and intensity help token stack him up enough to proc his ability fairly consistently.

Just now, FlyingAnchors said:

Yeah people underestimate how good Rexlar is. Ps 8 alone is nice. But then his ability is there and can be nasty in the late game. I’ve found X/7 and intensity help token stack him up enough to proc his ability fairly consistently.

Pre-Vets, I got the dream. First round of combat OL stripped the tokens off a stress hog, and 2 shields, because OL, Rexler at R1 got a shield and 3 hits naturally, and he flipped them for a blinded, stunned, and structural damage. That stress hog never got to apply stress, it was glorious!

I still lost because I was a noob and kept forgetting triggers (forgetting Predator on Rex basically the whole day and a stunned twice on OL in that match did me in), but it felt great!

And now this thread got me thinking that I could go twin TIE/d for our anti-meta tournament this weekend instead of what I was planning to do.

3 hours ago, drjkel said:

There is no reason to ever take a Glaive over Ryad.  Also, I wanted triple juke x7s.

"Countess Ryad’s personally modified ship, the Red Star 1, flaunted conventional ideas almost as much as she did. While most tacticians believe that TIEs should attack in large waves, Ryad’s ship is more defensive, relying on an enhanced shield generator and a vastly improved ion engine for maximum maneuverability. Her finely-tuned fire control systems allow her the capability to take out multiple poorly shielded ships. These modifications, like her beliefs, carried a considerable cost—one that only an eccentric ace like Ryad would dare pay."

So when FFG release the TIE Defender Elite Pack, which comes with a new Gray Defender with Yellow strips, they can include a "Red Star 1" unique modification which grants all banks green and shield regeneration. . . right . .  right??

And then i'll use a custom painted F/O scheme to represent the Onyx Squadron Pilot using it . . :)

7 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

There is no reason to ever take a Glaive over Ryad.  Also, I wanted triple juke x7s.

Sure there is. I've flown 2 squads that have a Glaive in and both squads need them because of the PS6. I've used Triple Defenders with Vessery, Glaive and Maarek, all at PS7, which I couldn't do with Ryad due to lack of points. I've also used double Glaive/D squadron where having both at the same pilot skill is very useful for a number of reasons.

The problem with Defenders was the original costing left FFG very little room to aggressively cost the PS6 versions without completely invalidating the PS3 ones. I don't think anyone would really have minded the demise of the never-seen Onyx squadron but it seems to have been against FFG's preferred policy.

since I have absolutely zero attachment to Ryad as a character, having never heard of her before x-wing, I'm afraid my OCD reacts more to lack of symmetry

and I traded my base defenders for vet models

25073077_10159648357425142_4969489659373

24879989_10159648355390142_7892750585761

fight me

Edited by ficklegreendice

3 hours ago, Jike said:

Sure there is. I've flown 2 squads that have a Glaive in and both squads need them because of the PS6. I've used Triple Defenders with Vessery, Glaive and Maarek, all at PS7, which I couldn't do with Ryad due to lack of points. I've also used double Glaive/D squadron where having both at the same pilot skill is very useful for a number of reasons.

The problem with Defenders was the original costing left FFG very little room to aggressively cost the PS6 versions without completely invalidating the PS3 ones. I don't think anyone would really have minded the demise of the never-seen Onyx squadron but it seems to have been against FFG's preferred policy.

The Onyx was DOA from day one, there is nothing they could have done to the Glaive to make the Onyx viable.