Ironfrost

Empire 4 ship list

I am going to a small local tournament. Could this 4 ship list work?

I have never played the 22 point harpoon Alpha.

Sabacc and the Inquisitor should be a solid backup for the two Alphas first joust.

• “Pure Sabacc”

TIE Striker

Veteran Instincts

Adaptive Ailerons

Lightweight Frame

31 points

• The Inquisitor

TIE Advanced Prototype

Push the Limit

TIE/v1

Autothrusters

22 points

Nu Squadron Pilot #1

Alpha-class Star Wing

Harpoon Missiles

Long Range Scanners

22 points

Nu Squadron Pilot #2

Alpha-class Star Wing

Harpoon Missiles

Long Range Scanners

Edited by Ironfrost

I have only played with the HLC Alpha’s. Is it normal go get more than one shoot with the harpoon?

Turn 1. Target lock

Turn 2. Fire missile

Turn 3. Slam

Turn 4 reload

Turn 5. Target lock

11 hours ago, Ironfrost said:

I have only played with the HLC Alpha’s. Is it normal go get more than one shoot with the harpoon?

Turn 1. Target lock

Turn 2. Fire missile

Turn 3. Slam

Turn 4 reload

Turn 5. Target lock

I am not sure how hard it is on these. I fly PTL ASLAM Rhos with quickdraw. and being able to slam reload and target lock all in one turn has made it to where I can shoot harpoons almost every turn if I need to. 

21 minutes ago, CasoPrime said:

I fly PTL ASLAM Rhos

I've been looking at this but haven't had a chance yet.  

So with PTL, ASLAM, Poon, and Title right? 

so you can slam (action 1), get free advanced slam action, then PTL for second action.  

So with the title if you slam, reload, and target lock you can fire that turn right?

Just now, ImperialOfficer said:

I've been looking at this but haven't had a chance yet.  

So with PTL, ASLAM, Poon, and Title right? 

so you can slam (action 1), get free advanced slam action, then PTL for second action.  

So with the title if you slam, reload, and target lock you can fire that turn right?

Correct. Usually first engagement I will slam into range, ASLAM for Target Lock and PTL Focus for a double modded harpoon. I managed to roll all 8 hits with 2 harpoons on one auzituck and left it limping away only to be killed by QD next round. You can 2 straight or bank to get rid of stress then slam away if you need. They are susceptible to blocking, but are still very powerful.  

I might put Crack Shot on Pure Sabacc instead.  PS 8 isn't that high and you don't specifically have abilities which depend on firing order.  To that end, I personally would rather just increase the damage output of such a disposable ship as Pure Sabacc.  Still, original list looks fine.

PTL Rhos are interesting, but I'm not sure I'd take them over Deadeye Rhos.  Deadeye/Harpoon/Guidance Chips is a mere 26 points, and still pretty flexible.  Harpoon one turn, then try to throw a block when reloading next turn.  Your opponent will try to kill them fairly quickly anyhow, so you probably only get one extra missile shot between the two of them in a typical game.

MYou should be able to do it when you plan accordingly. 3 bank + 3 bank slam is much space, therefore you should have the breather to reload and reengage. 

Question is what you do with your other ships in the meantime. 

How did you do in your tournament?

I have been playing the same list for some weeks now, but I have some trouble finding the best way to fly it. Mostly I have been jousting With the NUs, and tried to flank With the striker and Inq. But too often one of the NUs gets killed before it can fire his harpoon. Do anyone have an advice on how to fly such a list?

5 hours ago, N'Kata said:

I have been playing the same list for some weeks now, but I have some trouble finding the best way to fly it. Mostly I have been jousting With the NUs, and tried to flank With the striker and Inq. But too often one of the NUs gets killed before it can fire his harpoon. Do anyone have an advice on how to fly such a list?

It sounds like you are flying it basically correct.  If one Nu bites it before he can fire, then it means either you are getting really unlucky with dice, or you are facing really high firepower enemies.  In either case, I don't think there's anything you can do about it, except try to make the best of the turn lighting up an opponent while your Nu blows up.  I mean, its not like its the end of the world---its only a 22 point ship, so you should be able to stay in the game...

On 16/3/2018 at 9:11 AM, N'Kata said:

I didn't bring this list. (I should have) 

The next tournament I am going to attend is use following rules:

The list must contain 1x Named Pilot and may NOT contain any other named pilots

The list must contain at least 4 ships

Unique Crew / Astromechs is NOT allowed

Large ships are NOT allowed

Max 2x same type of Up-Grade card

Pure Sabacc or The Inquisitor need to be replaced if I am going to reuse this list. Pure Sabacc it the prime candidate to be replaced. Witch non unique 25 point ship I should choose instead ?