Amanal

Card Storage

pages-xwing.jpg?w=723

I was thinking of storing my cards with a unit card and the various upgrades in pages like that on the left. I may use the pages on the right to put my units into, but for now I'll play the game with my unit/upgrades loose.

I will then have two section dividers for Rebels and Imperials and maybe sub-divide that into various unit types as the game grows.

My theory here is I can just take a unit and pull cards from the one place.

Has anyone done this with X-Wing and have any thoughts to assist?

I use similar sleeves for my upgrade cards in X-Wing. Works pretty good. Don't know if this is needed initially with Legion. There are not that much cards to begin with. Maybe use them for tournaments to have your cards protected when switching tables.

With xwing it doesn't really make sense to store cards this way because they are not unit limited as much, but for legion it makes alot of sense, just flip down the options that you aren't using. Those larger pages look to hold the right number of cards for all of your squad options while the smaller ones better fit what actually comes in the epansions. 

For the OP, who puts out those card sleeve pages?  I'm only familiar with UltraPro's sleeves that hold the smaller upgrade cards and haven't seen these before.  Plus I couldn't make out the manufacturer from the printing on each page.

I am going to switch to a nice binder filled with regular and mini sleeves from ultra pro. That way I can continue to add pages as I see fit. I tried a mini card binder but it was expensive and if a page tore I couldn't replace it.

I will also be individually sleeving each card to keep them nice and also fit better in the ultra pro sleeves.

Edited by JBar

46 minutes ago, GallagherT said:

For the OP, who puts out those card sleeve pages?  I'm only familiar with UltraPro's sleeves that hold the smaller upgrade cards and haven't seen these before.  Plus I couldn't make out the manufacturer from the printing on each page.

Not the OP but those are from Ultimate Guard.  I have some of their 32 -card (16 on each side) pages for the mini/upgrade cards that I use for Runewars and I like them a lot.  Plan to use more for Legion since I have a few left over.

8 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Not the OP but those are from Ultimate Guard.  I have some of their 32 -card (16 on each side) pages for the mini/upgrade cards that I use for Runewars and I like them a lot.  Plan to use more for Legion since I have a few left over.

Thanks for the info! Was wondering the same. By chance, do you know if sleeves cards will fit in those pages?

It looks like the image in the OP picture is standard American and mini sizes. The Unit cards are big squares, and I don't see any at the Ultimate Guard website that are that size unless I'm missing something?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. FFG gray and yellow are standard American and standard USA mini, so that product should be perfect.

In my experience, properly fitted sleeves should be fine (snug, but fine) in a sheet like that from Ultimate Guard. From the product description page: "Great for storing your sleeved X-Wing Miniatures Game™ Pilot Cards together with Upgrade cards!" which are FFG gray and yellow sizes.

Edited by Big Easy

The larger sleeves and pages ... readily available at any sports card collectibles store in the U.S. and more often than not cheaper than what you will find online or at a traditional gaming store.

Also, they will have slim, durable boxes that hold a specific count of cards ... 25; 50; 100 ... if you would prefer a box to binder.  Enough room to sleeve the card; place in box and not have to worry about damage.

Those tiny upgrade cards ... I have only found storage for those online or at a gaming store

1 minute ago, azavander said:

Link for these sleeves, my googling and Amazon searching has failed me. Le Sigh

Search ... sports card sleeves on google

I collect sports cards.  The boxes and sleeves and storage pages can be had cheaper at a sporting cards collectibles store most of the time

10 minutes ago, azavander said:

Link for these sleeves, my googling and Amazon searching has failed me. Le Sigh

Standard sleeves: 

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-PRO-MATTE-Protector-Sleeves/dp/B00A3H77CE/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1519055779&sr=8-23&keywords=ultra+pro+card+sleeves

Board Game Mini sleeves:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1589945131/ref=psdc_166225011_t2_B005D1W9CI

Card storage binder pages:
https://ultimateguard.com/en/pages/supreme-32-pocket-pages-standard-size-mini-american

Your FLGS should have standard and American board game mini sleeves (aka FFG Gray and Yellow) if you want to support them and buy there.

Edited by Big Easy

@OMGBRICK

If you sleeve your cards they *should* fit in the pages, depending on whether you use the "thick" or "thin" sleeves.  The FFG sleeves would be the "thick" variety while other manufacturers sell significantly thinner sleeves. 

I have personally stopped sleeving my Runewars cards so I can store multiple copies of the cards in each pocket on the pages.  I can easily fit 3 copies of a card, 4 if you push it, in a pocket without sleeves.  With sleeves you may be limited to 1-2 copies.

As for the binder I have enjoyed the Ultimate Guard binders, they are not cheap but they have a little extra length to take the pages. I have been using these for my destiny kit and no complaints at all. More so as they do colour pages and I can buy Red, Blue, Yellow and Gray pages.

31l-nGbHLhL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Much thanks to the OP! 

Ordered mine from CoolMiniOrNot, and received them yesterday. They work well with sleeved cards, and for my OCD nature (I use Ultra side-loading pages for Dust) -- makes it very easy to keep units sorted; right now at least, I'll use them for games to keep table-top clutter to a minimum.

Cheers!

On 2/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, Amanal said:

As for the binder I have enjoyed the Ultimate Guard binders, they are not cheap but they have a little extra length to take the pages. I have been using these for my destiny kit and no complaints at all. More so as they do colour pages and I can buy Red, Blue, Yellow and Gray pages.

31l-nGbHLhL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

If you want something far better, look at things like the Case It D-Ring binders. They are more of the heavier duty binders and have a zip close cover. You really want a D-Ring rather than the standard rings for card storage. And pockets are also a great thing for anything else you might want such as, for now, the extra rules from expansions. You might also want to invest in some page protectors for things like that in the future to have the rules in the same place.

I ended up getting into the Case It ones because of my boss at work going with them due to the things being pretty durable and useful for situations where you aren't in the office, plus with a double zipper you can add a lock to it if you need to do so.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, Caimheul1313 said:

Personally, I'm more likely to go with a cheap card box and individual sleeves. I would be placing dividers that indicate what where all of my comms upgrades or grenades are in the stack.

@Caimheul1313 how did this turn out for you? Any pics or suggestions? I’m considering doing the same.

now that some time has passed, has anyone come across any other storage solutions?

i have a battefoam case, but the slots in the generic tray for cards don’t fit mine when they are sleeved. Hoping to replace that layer with another trooper layer and find another way to store my cards.

2 hours ago, Fauste said:

@Caimheul1313 how did this turn out for you? Any pics or suggestions? I’m considering doing the same.

I haven't gotten around to the point of needing to be super organized with my cards to be honest. My TT gaming time is split between a few different miniatures games, and I haven't really had a major need to organize my Legion cards more than just an organized stack in on of my core boxes.