Sign in to follow this  
Undeadguy

Learn to Play Rules and Demo Pictures

1 minute ago, guest450670 said:

These pictures are great, thank you.

Is there anything missing from the rules or is whats posted the whole thing? (Ignoring the learn to play stuff at start)

The beginning was the normal intro into whats in the box, and model assembly, so no rule content. The end was related to the hobby, organized play, and modelling. What I posted should be all of the rules from the learn to play. We will have to wait until the RRG is released to get the rest.

Just now, Undeadguy said:

The beginning was the normal intro into whats in the box, and model assembly, so no rule content. The end was related to the hobby, organized play, and modelling. What I posted should be all of the rules from the learn to play. We will have to wait until the RRG is released to get the rest.

Great, thanks again.

13 minutes ago, OMGBRICK said:

Those paint jobs are simple but dont look too bad for tabletop standard. Whats everyone think? Block painted the colors and then just quickshaded them?

He said he took a few hours to paint them. I assume he just got the content in this week and didn't have enough time to put more time in. He is doing several demos this weekend in the RTP NC area.

suppression rules in the learn to play guide contradict the suppression article.... lol

article: " If a unit has more suppression tokens than twice its courage value, it becomes panicked, unable to perform actions other than a single move towards the closest battlefield edge."

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/29/pitched-battle/

guide: "After a unit rallies, if it has a number of suppression tokens equal to or exceeding twice its courage value, it becomes panicked."

Edited by imlost19

24 minutes ago, imlost19 said:

suppression rules in the learn to play guide contradict the suppression article.... lol

article: " If a unit has more suppression tokens than twice its courage value, it becomes panicked, unable to perform actions other than a single move towards the closest battlefield edge."

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/29/pitched-battle/

guide: "After a unit rallies, if it has a number of suppression tokens equal to or exceeding twice its courage value, it becomes panicked."

What they told us was true, from a certain point of view. 

According to the extra mini upgrade cards part of the rules, the added minis share the health and corage of the main squad. So no wookies with more health added to rebel troopers

3 hours ago, OldSchoolEmpire said:

@Undeadguy, We were at the same Demo tonight, Game Theory in Raleigh. Do you go there often? 

Thursdays to play Armada. Not sure if I will be going there for Legion since Atomic and Gamers Armory are more suited to miniature war gaming. But 3 of my friends in the area will be getting into the game as well, so we will see what store we decide to play at.

Yeah, the way the multiple weapons pool rule is worded it almost sounds like you could for example use a four man Stormtroopers squad to throw four grenades at one unit and then blast another unit with four E-11s.  If that is true grenades are going to be a bit more valuable than I first thought.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about the Arsenal keyword

Edited by GunNut
Edit

1 hour ago, Ralgon said:

Hmmmm, still doesn't clear up how impact grenades are worded and if the impact multiplies.

That sux.

Right, after reading the  rules I'm not sure if it would add impact 1 or impact x , x being the number of units using grenades. What it's clear it's that any unit can use the grenade using the black die.

16 minutes ago, Jabby said:

From the way it’s worded it seems that when throwing 4 impact grenades you only have impact 1

“Each weapon keyword modifies any attacks made that include that weapon.” 

Im inclined to agree with you based on that wording. Otherwise I’d think it’d include “per instance of that weapon” or something to that effect. A lot of people have been saying the grenades would stack with themselves which seems undercosted to me.