Zombiebait101

Not much activity???

8 hours ago, Zombiebait101 said:

Not seeing alot of community activity for this game, nor much support from FFG. I really like the game and was hoping to see alot of both from FFG and the community. Am I missing something?

There is significantly more discussion about this game on boardgamegeek. Most of it negative but discussion none the less. 

36 minutes ago, MythicalMothman said:

What kind of things are they complaining about?

The commonly discussed problems, from most problematic to least, are:

1) The random nature of how Agenda cards are distributed and scored. Plus the lack of any meaningful end game.

2) The lack of challenge and replayability in the solo mode.

3) How some quests can seem wonky with one person instantly knowing about stuff that happened on the other end of the map (and acting in the text as if it happened to them).

I will say that this game isn't forgiving of new players as it's possible to play the game "wrong" and end up having a miserable time. Common things to avoid are hunting enemies to level up or charging through the main quest early in the game. 

Edited by Hedgehobbit

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Hedgehobbit said:

I will say that this game isn't forgiving of new players as it's possible to play the game "wrong" and end up having a miserable time. Common things to avoid are hunting enemies to level up or charging through the main quest early in the game. 

I'm new to Board Games (disclaimer) - I just picked up Fallout the Board Game a week or so ago for the wife and I to play.  We've played 3 games and after reading the above part of your post I'm curious if you'd be willing to expand on 

why you believe hunting enemies to level is harmful to game play? 

Most probably because the game clock, in the form of the cycling of the Agenda Deck, will keep ticking and pushing the game closer to the ending condition no matter what. And if you've spent most of that time hunting monsters, you probably won't have enough Agenda Cards to reach the necessary Influence total needed to win and would thus lose. Quite anticlimactically I might add.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:55 AM, Drimoor said:

why you believe hunting enemies to level is harmful to game play? 

Hunting enemies is very inefficient at gaining the things you'd normally associate will killing bad guys, namely loot and XP. Both of these can be gained much quicker using Ruins encounters. Not only that, but moving towards enemies, spending an action to trigger the Fight, and then camping to heal the inevitable damage is wasteful of actions. It's not that it's harmful, it's just not fun or efficient. 

The one exception are raider enemies with the Loot icon. 

On 3/19/2018 at 4:46 PM, Fnoffen said:

Most probably because the game clock, in the form of the cycling of the Agenda Deck, will keep ticking and pushing the game closer to the ending condition no matter what.

Once I figured out the game a bit more, I ended up changing/ignoring that rule a bit. This wasn't born out of grinding XP though, I was trying to trigger a quest that involved triggering an encounter at a ruins spot and it NEVER happened. So, rather than lose because I could never seem to draw the right encounter card, I just ignored the faction progression-time rule for single player.

Haven't tested it with multiple people quite yet, though.