Darth Sanguis

Which ship is that? Rogue One/Mc75 expansion cover art

2 minutes ago, evanger said:

I think it's this (also seen in RotJ):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha'tok-class_gunship

2 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

That's the Braha'tok Gunship. Coming soon to an Armada table near you!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha'tok-class_gunship

Nice! Thanks!

So based on the Canon Wiki, it's even smaller than a CR-90 (which is listed at 150 meters). It's the exact length of a GR-75 transport at 90 meters....

That would imply a new flotilla type, yes?

As with all things FFG - it depends on what they feel the game needs.

Imps needed a new medium ship that didn't step on the victory's toes, viola, the Quasar is now a medium, despite being smaller than a Gladiator.

It would make SENSE for the Braha to be a combat oriented flotilla - but if they feel that the flotilla rules are too constricting for a combat ship, or that flotillas in general were a bad idea (could you imagine the skew lists if the rebels got a 23-28pt COMBAT ship? 1 dice on the side and it's OVER) then you best believe it will show up as a small ship with the point cost to match.

In this sense, FFG painting themselves into a corner begins to show. If they make a combat flotilla brahatok, they need to find a niche that puts it somewhere between a combat gozanti and torp hammerhead that isn't totally useless. Seeing how often combat gozantis get used, I feel from a pure design standpoint the braha is deceptively hard to get right.

12 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Nice! Thanks!

So based on the Canon Wiki, it's even smaller than a CR-90 (which is listed at 150 meters). It's the exact length of a GR-75 transport at 90 meters....

That would imply a new flotilla type, yes?

Yes.  The Broha'tok is indeed flotilla sized, and would be the first combat flotilla.  Proud member of the Broha'tok fan club here :D

31 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

As with all things FFG - it depends on what they feel the game needs.

Imps needed a new medium ship that didn't step on the victory's toes, viola, the Quasar is now a medium, despite being smaller than a Gladiator.

I agree with your overall point.

However,  it wasn't FFG that increased the size of the Quasar.  That was the Rebels TV show.  The Light Carrier in the show is significantly larger than the Legends Quasar Fire. Much like the Rebels Interdictor is much larger than the old Immobilizer 418.

Just now, OgRib said:

All they have to do is include in the packaging an errata'd Admiral Akbar that states his effect only affects ships of size Small, Medium and Large

Or give us a card similar to external racks that would give them a one-shot boost to their natural firepower.  Or a card that allows them to use front armament for an empty side armament for one shot.  Even easier than an errata.

2 minutes ago, OgRib said:

All they have to do is include in the packaging an errata'd Admiral Akbar that states his effect only affects ships of size Small, Medium and Large and not Flotillas

It'd be easier just to not give the ship dice out the sides.

In EU lore, anyway, the thing was supposedly a dedicated anti-fighter platform.  So...why not no anti-ship dice at all, but a blue+black (or even double-blue) AA armament?  Obviously no 'fleet support' slot, so it doesn't step on the toes of the GR75.

8 minutes ago, Onidsen said:

I agree with your overall point.

However,  it wasn't FFG that increased the size of the Quasar.  That was the Rebels TV show.  The Light Carrier in the show is significantly larger than the Legends Quasar Fire. Much like the Rebels Interdictor is much larger than the old Immobilizer 418.

The Quasar we have is the canon Quasar opposed to the legends Quasar. Correct me if I am wrong, but Rebels made it canon again?

1 minute ago, TallGiraffe said:

The Quasar we have is the canon Quasar opposed to the legends Quasar. Correct me if I am wrong, but Rebels made it canon again?

Exactly. Rebels made it canon again, but at a much larger size than the old Legends version had been. (And the ship is called a "light carrier" in the show - the name Quasar Fire comes from other sources)