Sign in to follow this  
Kieransi

Is scum kind of... done?

Plenty of ships left for Scum:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-1300_light_freighter - Because Scum Falcon is likely coming, there are lots of non-Falcon Scum YT-1300s (would be nice to get a non-Falcon title or two) and it'd be fun to fly it against Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-1930_transport - Meaner looking YT series, very fitting for Scum.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-2000_light_freighter - Baby VCX-100. I'm not fond of it and would rather have the 1930, but it appeared in X-Wing Alliance so it's probably going to show up eventually.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Personal_Luxury_Yacht_3000 - Lando's Lady Luck would be absolutely perfect timed with Solo's release. If it were a cheap 2 crew carrier as I'd imagine it would, it'd be perfect for Jabba lists.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-1000 - More Brobot builds with a small base ship. Probably should be retconned to a Z-'ceptor as the IG-1000 name would be a title and the ship itself had no official name.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dianoga-class_assault_starfighter - Another cheap small fighter option for Scum with a unique design.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Lifter - A large base Quadjumper could be interesting. Would prefer the Type 1 Heavy Lifter 'cause it's more scummy looking.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SCT_Scout_craft - Perfect Scum Decimator/VCX-100 equivalent. 75 meters and armed with turrets.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/GAT-12_Skipray_Blastboat - Multi-faction Imperial/Scum and popular, can't imagine FFG won't end up making it at some point.

and that's just scratching the surface. Lots and lots more depending on how deep you want to dig, which can be extended further if FFG could invent designs for ships without one. Then there's also the potential of Clone Wars era ships for S&V too. Vultures, Hyenas, etc. I'd absolutely love to have Trident-class Assault Ships for some space krakens to go with the faction of pirates.

theres no way theyre done with scum.

Theres several ships they can still add in, and you just know the Solo movie is going to add 2-3 more minimum.

This is probably why the rebels are getting a rerelease instead of new ships, solo movie has nothing for them and there wasnt anything else from Rogue 1 other than rereleases either. We already know theres a new TIE that we will get, whether or not we want it, and the new falcon is definitely going to be scum only (slight possibility for an Imperial Han judging by the recruitment scene in the trailer....slight) and theres no way its the only ship theyre gonna mess with.

edit: i wouldnt call a scum falcon pure moneygrabbing when EVERYONE HAS BEEN SCREAMING FOR IT SINCE SCUM CAME OUT

Edited by Vineheart01

Scum is not done. They had a lot of releases last year. Plus solo is coming in May there's at least 1-2 scum ships (probably more) that will be associated with that over the next waves.

Imperials and Rebels need their fixes and new toys too. But don't count scum out.

4 hours ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

I am NOT buying a scum Falcon... Pure moneygrabbing by both Disney and FFG.

The solo movie takes place before a new hope when Han joined the rebellion at the very end of the movie... until that point he was technically a smuggler for Jabba which would make him "scum" by x-wing faction standards until he saved Luke in the death star trench... which was his "official" joining of the Rebel Alliance.

You may interpret a scum falcon as a "money grab" by Disney but story wise it's always made sense even before Disney got involved. 

36 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

edit: i wouldnt call a scum falcon pure moneygrabbing when EVERYONE HAS BEEN SCREAMING FOR IT SINCE SCUM CAME OUT

On top is the original, rather lightly or even unmodified YT-1300 quite a different beast than the falcon of the galactic civil war. 

1 minute ago, SEApocalypse said:

On top is the original, rather lightly or even unmodified YT-1300 quite a different beast than the falcon of the galactic civil war. 

doesn't matter in the least bit unless the game design reflects those differences

and simultaneously dodges the fact that the jump already exists as Scum's turret

10 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I didn't say scum's dead, I just asked if Scum was done. Like, has scum accomplished everything it set out to do as a faction? Sure, there's plenty of stuff left to do, like I said, and there's going to be things in future movies that fit, but does the existence of Jabba and all the OT bounty hunters mean that scum is finally complete? Just wondering. Kind of like how I felt like Imperials were complete with the GUNBOAT or I feel Rebels will be complete if the U-Wing and X-Wing become competitively viable. Like, what else do we need for Scum to feel like we've got most of the Star Wars stuff we really care about?

@Jetfire nailed a lot of my list.  I would add the Bespin Airpseeder (since we have the TIE Striker), the Mining Guild TIE, and the Luxury 2000.

9 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Well...it doesn't officially have one yet. Do you have something in mind?

Divide into 2 archetypes:

Outlaws:  Pirates, Gangs, Black Sun, Hutts.  Elements that would be arrested for what they do.

Mercs:  Soldiers, Mandalorians, Slavers, Bounty Hunters.  Less than moral characters who get paid for what they do.

Could also add Independent Nations:

Corporate Sector, Hapan Empire.

4 hours ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

I am NOT buying a scum Falcon... Pure moneygrabbing by both Disney and FFG.

This attitude kills me.

They are going to make a Scum Falcon because it fits the lore and the new movie.  And if they didn't make a scum Falcon, they would make a different ship for you to buy.  IT'S WHAT THEY DO.

Edited by Darth Meanie

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

doesn't matter in the least bit unless the game design reflects those differences

and simultaneously dodges the fact that the jump already exists as Scum's turret

Only with the punishing one title, but yeah. So far new and old falcon titles and pilots make them imo different enough. If they come up with something new to fill some unused design space I am happy ... and in this case the model would be significantly different ... not the same money grab as with the TFA falcon which basically just changed the sensor dish. 

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

It's hard to see but the new old falcon definitely does not have the quad lasers yet like we see in a new hope. The mounted guns look different, maybe they don't spin hence why you see solo body checking a TIE with the falcon in the trailer? 

Edited by Phoenix5454

2 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Divide into 2 archetypes:

Outlaws:  Pirates, Gangs, Black Sun, Hutts.  Elements that would be arrested for what they do.

Mercs:  Soldiers, Mandalorians, Slavers, Bounty Hunters.  Less than moral characters who get paid for what they do.

Could also add Independent Nations:

Corporate Sector, Hapan Empire.

Plausible. Though considering it would need to be retroactively applied, the benefit of these subfactions might not outweigh the trouble. We also have corner cases like Mandalorians who some fit in the Mercs subtype, but others (like what we see of them in Clone Wars and Rebels) fit better in Indepentant Nations.

I hope not.  I want my Twi'Lek Dancer crew card and Onboard Swimming Pool modification card, dagnamit.

Lando-LadyLuck_SWGTCG-AoD.jpg

Scum Lando in Lady Luck.  Scum Mara in Jade's Fire.  Hondo Ohnaka in Fortune & Glory.  K'Armyn Viraxo in Highroller.  Dunari in Raw Deal.  All kinds of scummy gambling related schenanigans.

12 hours ago, SEApocalypse said:

And I wanted to jump into this topic and  claim the current death of scum in competitive day. They are dead indeed there. 

But nah, plenty of stuff still to release for scum, it's not even hard, they have still even ships from TLJ ^_^

Hahaha, a state we Imp players had to endure a long time.

46 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

Only with the punishing one title, but yeah. So far new and old falcon titles and pilots make them imo different enough. If they come up with something new to fill some unused design space I am happy ... and in this case the model would be significantly different ... not the same money grab as with the TFA falcon which basically just changed the sensor dish. 

if we're talking about pre-Han yt-1300, that was represented by the rather disastrous Outerim smuggler, a 2-dice PWT with very little utility

the jm5k is also a 2-dice PWT, which can still be used as an unparalleled blocker after its errata

if this new, "old" yt-1300 ends up being 2-dice to reflect its lack of weaponry, we're going to have some severe redundancy

6 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Oh for crying out loud, Solo is out in 3 months.  If we don't see a Scum YT1300 announced for simultaneous release and added to the wave, I'd be shocked.

This.

And I kinda thought that that Saw wag going to be Scum.... kinda felt he went that way more, IDK.

11 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I didn't say scum's dead, I just asked if Scum was done. Like, has scum accomplished everything it set out to do as a faction? Sure, there's plenty of stuff left to do, like I said, and there's going to be things in future movies that fit, but does the existence of Jabba and all the OT bounty hunters mean that scum is finally complete? Just wondering. Kind of like how I felt like Imperials were complete with the GUNBOAT or I feel Rebels will be complete if the U-Wing and X-Wing become competitively viable. Like, what else do we need for Scum to feel like we've got most of the Star Wars stuff we really care about?

I don't have my Rihkxyrk, the faction is not complete.

latest?cb=20111223214225

Along with that you have the Ixiyen. I wasn't fond of that one, but if you want to field a Black Sun list, those would be the way to go along with the Kihraxz and Starviper.

In addition, Mandal Motors still has the G1-M4-C Dunelizard and M22-T Krayt to fill out alongside the Syck and Kimogila for a Hutt Cartel list.

That's just small bases off the top of my head.

Hmm, sorry, this thread was probably not named well. I really like scum and I don't think the game can survive with just two factions. This game would be so boring without Scum here. 

But I'm just wondering, is Scum in a good place now? Like, is Scum caught up? Is it time for FFG to add more factions to try to catch up with? I for one would like to see enough First Order and Resistance ships added that those two factions could be stand-alones. (Of course errata Hux and a few other things to say First Order only instead of Imperial only). Or see the Prequels factions. Or even the Vong. I feel like miniatures games really thrive when there's a lot of playable factions, because it's less stuff that someone has to collect to keep up, if they pick just one faction, but still tons of new stuff for people to get if they want. And usually, a more diverse metagame.

I dunno. Just a thought. Not a scum hater at all, and I'd definitely be all over a scum Falcon, or a Viraxo expansion, or a dual-faction Blastboat. Heck, I'd even buy at least two of whatever that unpronounceable Galaxies thing you folks are mentioning is. A few things actually aren't scum in my opinion (Mining Guild are Imperial contractors, Blastboats and the Ark Angel need Imperial pilots in addition to scum, still not convinced Han and Lando aren't Rebels until I see the movie), but game-balance is all I really want to talk about here. And game-balance wise, I feel like FFG is done getting Scum caught up, and I'm wondering if it's time to add something new?